Begovic

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2271177/Asmir-Begovic-transfer-news-Chelsea-prepare-bid-Stoke-goalkeeper.html

Edit: Can't see it happening. We nearly got him once before but Stoke wouldn't sell, despite the player wanting to join. He's since established himself as their number one, is highly rated, and is far too good to be a bench-warmer. Mind you, I've been wrong before.

Edited by Davey Baby

I read somewhere that Courtois may be a sweetener for the Falcao deal.

Wouldn't be worth it in my mind, a lot harder to find a world class keeper than a world class striker.

edit: Especially considering their ages

Edited by Jonty

We've got Cech and Courtois looking to replace him.  We have no business buying a keeper as good as Begovic. 

I think Courtois wil be loaned out to a PL club next season to get experience playing in England.

Hilario is probably released in the summer and Turnbull is a bust who isn't worth keeping even for homegrown purposes.

Cech needs competition and if he gets injured, we're f.cked.

I think Begovic will leave Stoke at the end of the season and go to Man United. De Gea has been making mistakes in every game of late so i can't see him lasting much longer.

De Gea's also been making a lot of brilliant saves. I'd stick with him for another year after this if I were SAF. It's the defense and midfield that needs sorting out more than anything.

De Gea's also been making a lot of brilliant saves. I'd stick with him for another year after this if I were SAF. It's the defense and midfield that needs sorting out more than anything.

Do you think he can fix his issues with crossing and take more control of his box? 

Do you think he can fix his issues with crossing and take more control of his box? 

I think his issues are mental, which can be a lot trickier to fix than if he merely had poor technique. That said, he's still just 22 and has only had 3.5 seasons of top flight experience in his career. If I had paid Â£17m for him a year ago, I wouldn't be looking to sell just yet unless I was convinced he wasn't going to improve or I could recoup the vast majority of the fee. At the moment, I don't fall into either camp. With so little competition for the league this year and no guarantee that the situation will be any different next year, I think they can afford to give him one more chance.