A winter break

Uno
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I read this morning that in Germany they are looking into swapping the summer break to the winter months.

I have never really understood why we play football over the months when we have our worst weather but its always been that way.

Do you think that England should move the off season to the winter months and play over the summer?

For me i would like it as there is nothing worse than trying to get trains when its snowing etc. But on the other hand i think i would miss the football over christmas time.

Im the same, i f**king hate watching football in the cold and wet. Also the rains giving up at the slightest bit of snow. Its great watching football whent he sun is out and you dont have to have 10 layers on just to watch the match.

I wouldn't be dead set against it as the benefits are obvious, but it's just too impractical. Unless all the leagues in Europe did the same it would make things very awkward with regards to European competitions, and then there's the clash with World Cups, etc.

Also, hot weather might be nice for spectators but is not so great for players. I could see the English league losing some of the intensity that make matches so entertaining and becoming more technical, which may or may not be a bad thing depending on your point of view.

if european leagues change their seasons, then the world cup would have to be played over winter, so there would still be delays to big matches. imagine the world cup final at wembley being snowed off in the middle of december! keep it as it is. new years day and boxing day are only bearable because of guaranteed premier league football on the telly to see me through my hangovers!

I like watching footy when it snows. I also like Sky's jolly jingle coverage, even if there is no snow.

I used to love the old days when they'd play in hevay snow with the yellow ball. These days they call it off so quickly, health and safety for fans etc.

A winter break in general would help English teams in Europe, they'd get a bit of a rest and recover.. other leagues do it.

Edited by Zola