Basel v Chelsea (EL) 25/04/13 KO 20:05 BST

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Ethan - if you intend to make a habit of starting match threads, would you be good enough to include the DATE of the match, and possibly an interesting comment which leads to some discussion...

It would be nice to have at least one trophy out of a possible, what... seven?

However, we need to focus on the EPL. I don't give a f**k if the players mutiny against FSW and decide to rest key players themselves, CL qualification is paramount.

Since Ethan is not capable of adding the date to the title of this thread, perhaps a mod would find the time to do it.  Many thanks, mods.  You do a great job.

Jog on

Don't be a knob it was a perfectly reasonable request.

Anyway, no idea what to expect from this one following Torres inclusion against Liverpool as I was expecting rotation there.

Random guess at the line up.

------------Cech

Dave - Ivan - JT - Bertie

-------Frank -  Rambo

Moses - Mata - Hazard

----------- Torres

2-0 Chelsea and a recurring feeling of "if only" come full time. 

Edited by ForeverCarefree

Is it unreasonable to ask for a date to be posted?  That's what normally happens.

Usually the match thread titles have the same formatting, which is nice because it's easier to spot them that way when you use the "View New Content" function.

1-1 would do but I hope we can win 2-1. 2 away goals should be enough for the home leg.

Should not underestimate this team. They apparently play open attacking football and they got past Spuds.

Lets make the final. I think this first leg is crucial.

Cech, Azpi, Terry, Luiz, Bertrand, Ramires, Lampard, Haz, Mata, Moses and Torres.

I feel we will play very well in this first leg...This comp is definately ours im pleased to say........At least there will be BLUES from all over the world having fun somehow,somewhere on final day.....A cup for our collection...Basel are as good as west ham...our boys will sort this semi mentally and physically.....I think Lamps is going to add to his tally in this 2 legged affair....

Absolutely couldn't care less about this 2nd rate comp. The EPL and qualification for the CL should be our no:1 priority, but as we saw again on Sunday it most definately is not for Benitez.

The Europa League is the one the FSW wants more than anything else to update his CV and to help resurrect a managerial career that was quite rightly withering on the vine before Abramovich threw him a lifeline. He wants it for his own personal reasons, therefore, I don't want him to get it and won't mind at all if we go out.

And if Torres happens to play well and scores a hat-trick against Swiss Basil I also couldn't care less. A 2nd rate player performing against a 2nd rate team. Big deal.

Absolutely couldn't care less about this 2nd rate comp. The EPL and qualification for the CL should be our no:1 priority, but as we saw again on Sunday it most definately is not for Benitez.

The Europa League is the one the FSW wants more than anything else to update his CV and to help resurrect a managerial career that was quite rightly withering on the vine before Abramovich threw him a lifeline. He wants it for his own personal reasons, therefore, I don't want him to get it and won't mind at all if we go out.

And if Torres happens to play well and scores a hat-trick against Swiss Basil I also couldn't care less. A 2nd rate player performing against a 2nd rate team. Big deal.

Yep! agreed 100%

I feel we will play very well in this first leg...This comp is definately ours im pleased to say........At least there will be BLUES from all over the world having fun somehow,somewhere on final day.....A cup for our collection...Basel are as good as west ham...our boys will sort this semi mentally and physically.....I think Lamps is going to add to his tally in this 2 legged affair....

They knocked out ManU in last season's UCL and they knocked out Spurs in this season's Europa League. We have the quality to beat them, but we have been so inconsistent this season that I'm not all that convinced that we can make it to the final, let alone win it. We've already blown so many chances this season to win silverware, so this could easily go like the semi finals against Swansea in the league cup. I hope we do make it into the final, but even if we do, it's not going to be an easy one there either. Benfica and Fenerbahce are no mugs.

I absolutely 100% want to win this as we have gone so far already. Rafa's here and if he is one more game so be it. I think the lads really want to win it so I want to see us lift the trophy.

What a letdown will it be if we lose this tie. At least some joy should come out of the season before the waiter is out.

CL for next season is priority but we can do both. We should with the quality we have.

I agree with Maskimov that we have the quality to beat them, infact the current squad minus a few players proved last season that they have the quality to make dreams come true.

The same squad also have the confusing ability to lose against anyone and throw away leads in the last minute.

So this time lastyear the B stood for Barca not Basel and the R was for Robbie not well yeh u get my point.

No doubt we will beat this team over the two legs and the FSW will get his shot at a pot in Amsterdam.

Do we really care? Not really like someone has already said " a second class trophy "