Joao Moutinho?

RMCM

So allegedly abramovich has promised mourinho Moutinho and Falcao if he comes back to chelsea, now i'm going to be honest, I don't know much about him, so maybe some of you who are wiser than me could give your opinions on this?

Wrote an essay on this a while back, search function isn't great so I can't find it. Basic jist of though was that I would be very happy with having him here, one of the best in his roles, for in and around £20m it's good value for a player of his quality, anything more like £30m and I would rather we just used KDB.

For me KDB is best used in the three forward midfield positions, where he has been playing for both Belgium and Werder Bremen. I think moving him into a new position in addition to him beeing new in PL would be a very risky move. I also like having a more direct and physical player mixed with two of Mata, Hazard or Oscar in those forward midfield positions, just to add something diffrent and for more balance in our first line of defence. I also don't want us to buy Shurrle for £20 mil+, using De Bruyne in his favourite positions would end the need to buy Shurrle and we can use that money alot smarter buying Lewandowski/Moutinho/Gundogan/Modric etc.

I would prefer we played Oscar deeper rather than buy Moutinho, not that im not a fan of his just don't think we need him.

I suggest you watch the Sunderland game earlier this year, in which we tried Oscar in the pivot.

Had Anderson in it and Giggs,well your the expert you have made your decision based on one game.And yes i thought he did well against Leeds.

Anderson? He's not even first choice. The same goes for Giggs, who's 39.

Sometimes you don't need to watch a player for a full season to know he's out of his depth and out of his position. Sunderland walked through us, straight down the middle. Also didn't Leeds do the same? To make it 1-0.

Wasn't that the same Utd match we narrowly won 5-4 to a second string Utd side?

I didn't watch the Sunderland game so i cant comment. Oscar didn't start that Utd game he came on and a mad a big difference, Anderson may not be first choice but he is still a good player and so is Giggs.You blame Oscar for the Leeds goal? not sure why, i would of put the blame on Luiz for that goal.Yes it was but we didn't have our strongest 11 out neither they still had players like Welbeck,Hernandez,Rafael,Nani playing.

When i have seen Oscar play deeper i think it suits him more rather than playing wide,he seems more comfortable there in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Monaco have a ground with a less than 20k capacity in a city that has a total population of about 40k (most of whom are not going to be football lovers).

Where the hell are they making the bank to fund these transfers in a way that will comply with FFP when they inevitably qualify for Europe next season?

Monaco have a ground with a less than 20k capacity in a city that has a total population of about 40k (most of whom are not going to be football lovers).

Where the hell are they making the bank to fund these transfers in a way that will comply with FFP when they inevitably qualify for Europe next season?

The only thing that I can imagine is that their rich owner has provided the club with a lot of "sponsorship" money from his own company and maybe companies that his associates run. Also I doubt many players at the club are on big wages since they are coming up from Ligue 2 so they probably have a good amount of "cap space" to throw around before they reach the limits that FFP will bring in

The FFP regulations, as they stand now, can be circumvented with very little effort. Look at City's deal with Etihad. But I am thinking if enough clubs hit it rich, UEFA will look at revising them to make them much more difficult.

Just read that Moutinho is on his way to Monaco for 25 million euros. James Rodriguez will be joining him for about 45 million euros.

Hopefully those are the amounts involved. Although that is an insane price for James Rodriguez. 

I was reading earlier that Porto was going to sell Rodriguez for over 60m and then throw in Moutinho for far less so they wouldnt have to pay Sporting Lisbon any sell on money. But surely that has to be illegal with the terms of those agreements.

Claudio is in charge too. If Carlo stays in Paris its gonna be the tinkerman against the eyebrow for the title, surely.

Archived