New England World Cup kit

theblueone

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2013/09/england-2014-world-cup-home-and-away.html

Anyone else seen it yet? Can't stand Nike kits. So boring, plain and uninspiring. The home shirt especially. They could have at least used the traditional navy blue for the three lions, made the v neck and sleeve trims navy blue, and given the star, outline of the tick and badge gold stitching.

I'll probably end up getting one anyway as I've outgrown all my England tops and need something to wear whilst watching the world cup.

Not happy with the plain look though, opinions?

It's been discussed in the nearest and dearest thread.

Someone (Weatherman) shared a link that showed that FIFA have pushed for nations to wear kits that are all one colour as it looks better on TV.

So us, Italy, Spain and Portugal will be all in one colour.

Also the official tops are £90 which is disgusting for a sports top but you can get the "crap" version for £60... Which is still a rip off.

Oh and not to mention the last shirt came out... Wait for it... 10 months ago.

Yup, not even one calender year on and a shirt that hasn't even been worn at an international competition is ditched for a new one. 

Rubbish, I hate everything about it and it's why I feel so distant from International football. 

Anyone else seen it yet? Can't stand Nike kits. So boring, plain and uninspiring. The home shirt especially. They could have at least used the traditional navy blue for the three lions, made the v neck and sleeve trims navy blue, and given the star, outline of the tick and badge gold stitching.

I'll probably end up getting one anyway as I've outgrown all my England tops and need something to wear whilst watching the world cup.

It's been discussed in the nearest and dearest thread.

Someone (Weatherman) shared a link that showed that FIFA have pushed for nations to wear kits that are all one colour as it looks better on TV.

So us, Italy, Spain and Portugal will be all in one colour.

Also the official tops are £90 which is disgusting for a sports top but you can get the "crap" version for £60... Which is still a rip off.

Oh and not to mention the last shirt came out... Wait for it... 10 months ago.

Yup, not even one calender year on and a shirt that hasn't even been worn at an international competition is ditched for a new one. 

Rubbish, I hate everything about it and it's why I feel so distant from International football. 

Yes that was indeed me Forever Carefree and I think we share pretty much the same opinion on this subject.

I still fail to understand why an England kit should have any blue in it at all, and I say that as someone who has an aversion to anything red but our national flag is white and red after all. They should be the only colours for the England kit. Blue doesn't/shouldn't come into the equation.

This constant messing around with team colours really annoys me more than it logically should to be honest.

Time for my medication now.

That photo looks like it could be the cover image for the next Fifa PS4 game, there's something about it that doesn't seem right.

I don't like the kit at all. I don't mind plain white kits but this one looks crap, and I especially hate the neck. It reminds me of something a porter might wear in a hospital.

Daily Telegraph sports writer Oliver Brown on Twitter: A Bayern Munich season ticket costs just £14 more than an England football shirt. Of all football's outrages, that takes some beating. Lowest-priced Bayern season ticket? £104. And the equivalent at Arsenal? £985. Obscene.

This is what gets me the most. We do get ripped off in this country.

I don't know what the difference is between the two versions, but the 60 quid one is not much more than the going rate for most international shirts. I know this is true because they said it on the BBC this morning.

The Netherlands home kit is orange shirt and socks, white shorts (rebelllious!), the away kit is all blue. I suppose that means the team won't look good for tv in their home kits. What a blow for the tournament!

That photo looks like it could be the cover image for the next Fifa PS4 game, there's something about it that doesn't seem right.

I don't like the kit at all. I don't mind plain white kits but this one looks crap, and I especially hate the neck. It reminds me of something a porter might wear in a hospital.

I quite like the picture. The background at least. Looks quality.

The neck is one of the things I can't stand about it most. Would have looked better with a proper collar. As for plain white kits, I can agree to an extent, but it depends how its presented. Nothing about that kit jumps out at me. I'm no fashion expert but everything blends in with itself. Wouldn't have been so bad if it had something contrasting to it. The star and badge border are pointless because you can't see them unless you're right next to it.

Yep. That's one thing I hate most about this country. I love being English but the inflation here is bordering criminal and your post highlights it well.

The Netherlands home kit is orange shirt and socks, white shorts (rebelllious!), the away kit is all blue. I suppose that means the team won't look good for tv in their home kits. What a blow for the tournament!

This comment made me laugh. Beer everywhere haha. Nice.

It looks like someone has done the old photoshop trick on it.

What is with the players trying to come across as hardmen ? they look ridiculous. :biggrin:

It looks like someone has done the old photoshop trick on it.

What is with the players trying to come across as hardmen ? they look ridiculous. :biggrin:

Hahahaha definitely agree! I wouldn't argue if it was the English rugby team posing like that, because they are built like brick outhouses. But footballers? Wayne Rooney tonight against Bayern went down like a big jessie when he got Schweinsteiger sent off. Jumped, knees bent and dived like he was auditioning for Splash.

To be fair though (regarding the advertising) all of that stuff is created with Photoshop these days. Its a very powerful tool.

Just look at the tit, I should Photoshop some pom poms into his hands. I felt sorry for Schweinsteiger. He made complete contact with the ball. Rooney just wanted to get him sent off. Hope he doesn't pull that bs at the world cup:

http://i.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2014/4/2/1396394760468/Wayne-Rooney-Manchester-U-010.jpg?width=620&height=-&quality=95

Adults who wear football shirts need their heads looking at !!

So, by your rationale, the players themselves should get their heads looked at too then? They do wear them every day after all.

If wearing football tops ain't your thing, that's perfectly fine and I respect that but don't come on here casting your aspersions on others just because they don't have the same thought process as you.

I am a perfectly normal bloke in my 30s and I wear football shirts and team polo shirts often. It is what I feel comfortable wearing and is a positive way of showing my support to the team.

Just look at the tit, I should Photoshop some pom poms into his hands. I felt sorry for Schweinsteiger. He made complete contact with the ball. Rooney just wanted to get him sent off. Hope he doesn't pull that bs at the world cup:

http://i.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2014/4/2/1396394760468/Wayne-Rooney-Manchester-U-010.jpg?width=620&height=-&quality=95

Rooney at the world cup? Doubt we'll even notice him.

The old kits will probably be reduced in price now. Why not get one of them instead? 

The old kits will probably be reduced in price now. Why not get one of them instead?

Didn't like those ones either to be honest. Especially the away shirt. Looks like an overpriced polo shirt. I got a bargain instead online. The 2007 home shirt for 12 quid including P&P (brand new with tags). Proper result. Now have something to wear whilst watching the world cup.

Don't see any point in buying a kit the team is only going to use for 3 matches.

Yep. That's the reason I spent 12 quid on an older top (albeit in brand new condition, not second hand worn) instead of the proposed 60-90 quid for the new one, which can be made by buying a plain Nike shirt and sewing the badge on yourself anyways.

I have no problem splashing out for Blues shirts every year, because they will have a full seasons use.

Archived