John Stones

Jackbuchanan

Guest RFC_CFC

The mirror rumouring stones transfer for 12mil. I think having stones and kalas backing up Cahill and terry would be the perfect mix of youth and experience.

And what would become of our other £12 million new CB?

Haven't seen enough of Stones to form a valid opinion to be honest. But in Andreas Christensen we have a young player who could possibly be better, so I wouldn't go spending large sums of money on a 19 year old.

Guest RFC_CFC

Haven't seen enough of Stones to form a valid opinion to be honest. But in Andreas Christensen we have a young player who could possibly be better, so I wouldn't go spending large sums of money on a 19 year old.

Especially not when we have just bought a CB for £12 million and Kalas has just broken through..

And then you have Luiz, Terry, Cahill and Ivan.

This story is bogus.

He is quite highly rated from what i understand. Which makes me wonder why 12 million? Seems quite cheap to me for an English player that is.

If we could get him at that price I think he would be a good option if Jose decides to leave zouma out on loan.

I think it was Jose himself that said he was a club buy not long after we signed him.

Still, Zouma is considered one of the top centre back prospects in Europe. Therefore, I doubt that Mourinho was against the buy.

Im not saying he was against buying Zouma in any way. The picture i get is Jose and the board work together to buy players but the board will also be buying players that maybe they feel they can make a profit on. With FFP taking effect buying promising young players and loaning them out is a good way to bring these players to light and because they are owned by Chelsea the price goes up a little bit more and we make a nice bit of profit.

Its an easier way to make money in football.

Im not saying he was against buying Zouma in any way. The picture i get is Jose and the board work together to buy players but the board will also be buying players that maybe they feel they can make a profit on. With FFP taking effect buying promising young players and loaning them out is a good way to bring these players to light and because they are owned by Chelsea the price goes up a little bit more and we make a nice bit of profit.

Its an easier way to make money in football.

We paid 12 million quid for him and he's getting (according to google) another 1.4 million a year in wages, so he's going to end up costing us in excess of 15 million pounds if we sell him in 3+ years time.

So unless he's starting for us and playing very well, I don't see how we'd make much profit off him, this definitely wasn't a profiteering signing.

I didnt think we would make a massive profit on KDB but we did.

Im not saying we will sell Zouma for sure. Im saying that he was a club buy and the club are buying promising young players to either go into the first team but if they arent quite there then to sell on for a profit.

I said a while ago I think its a plan put in place by the club to make money, buy young promising players, loan them out for a bit, sell for a profit. Its almost a win-win situation for the club, best case is they turn out to be first team players bought relatively cheaply, or they get sold on for a decent profit that means we can go out and buy the player we need, without fear of ffp. Remember, where ffp is concerned money from sales counts towards profit immediately while players transfer fees and wages when bought are spread over the length of the contract.

Still, Zouma is considered one of the top centre back prospects in Europe. Therefore, I doubt that Mourinho was against the buy.

Prospects yes. But there are many of those. Is he good enough yet to be backup to Cahill and Terry? I personally doubt it, but Jose I'm sure will take a long hard look in preseason.

It's difficult to judge whether a player is ready when he comes from a weaker league and hasn't played a great deal, regardless of talent. Stones though has seen 26 appearances this season and has looked assured at this level. Ultimately we should trust Jose to make the right choice.

Archived