Chelsea vs Aston Villa (PL) 27/09/14 KO: 15:00 BST

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Looking ahead a little bit, forward to next weekend, and we're hosting Aston Villa back at Stamford Bridge.

This is the exact type of game that undid us last season and I hope to high heaven that we've learned from our past experiences. Aston Villa have actually had a pretty decent start to this season and only just claimed Liverpool's scalp. We'll need to be on our toes for this one but I think we'll have more room to work with than we did against Manchester City. Above all I want to see us shore up our defence this time around and keep a clean sheet finally.

I doubt that Costa will feature against Bolton mid-week and I suspect he'll start this one, leaving Remy to start against Sporting Lisbon when we get back to the Champion's League. Wouldn't mind seeing Luis start here, especially if he doesn't against Bolton for some reason. 

I think we'll win but it'll be nervy at times.

2-0

You are very right, we all know Villa started our downfall last season at their place.

We need to set that right. We need to win, we should win and if we are at the races we will win.

Providing all are fit:

Courtios

Azpi-----Cahill-----JT----Luis

---------Cesc--------Matic

Schurrle-----Oscar-----Hazard

------------Costa

Most of Villa players have a virus of some kind and they weren't too clever against Arsenal on Saturday.   They will play counter attacking football and defend well, still at the end of the day the cream rises (and stays) to the top.  4-1 with two goals from Costa.

Would like to see Ivan dropped for this one.

--------Courtois--------

Azpi-----Cahill----Terry---Luis

--------Cesc----Matic----

Willian----Oscar-------Hazard

----------Costa---------

Is this on sky? I doubt it because it's a 3pm k.o. I can't stand these stream jobs. Sky receive enough money from subscribers, yet they only ever show us when they feel like it.

Nah not on Tv.

Yeah I think Sky/BT should show every match live on a weekend in the BPL. I mean they have the red button and cameras at every game...they already charge us stupid amounts so why not?

People predicting 5-0 already. Reminds me of West Ham at the bridge earlier this year.

This is a game that a title winning side would win but I think Aston Villa are going to make it mighty hard for us. Is Ron Vlaar still out? That would be a big blow for them as he's a solid defender.

There's chat about Luis potentially starting but I don't think so some how.

Cort

Brana,John,Gary,Azpilicuetta

Matic, Fabregas

Ramires,Oscar,Hazard

Costa

Even though Ramires is not a pure winger he is playing well enough to justify a starting place in my opinion. Was solid v City and came off the bench and changed the dynamic against Swansea. Schurrle a good option for us if we are chasing a goal late in the game.

Edited by gussy122

I'd be gutted if I was Luis and wasn't started in this game, he can't do much more than what he's done when given his chance.

Edited by RFC_CFC

Nah not on Tv.

Yeah I think Sky/BT should show every match live on a weekend in the BPL. I mean they have the red button and cameras at every game...they already charge us stupid amounts so why not?

They don't show 3 oclocks because they think it'll stop people going to the games.

They don't show 3 oclocks because they think it'll stop people going to the games.

It doesnt stop people going to the late kick offs though?

It doesnt stop people going to the late kick offs though?

The thinking process is that while every team does get some tv coverage it's not every single week/game and if it was every game it would lower the capacity in the grounds, so the premier league banned 3pm coverage.

I'm not sure it would work like that, I'd love every game televised.

Every game is streameable. Whilst that may only apply to say 30% fans who are capable / confident enough, that number will only grow and streaming will continue to improve. In the end they will have to scrap that massively outdated rule.

I think if we started with Luis that would cause mayhem down their left hand side with him and Hazard feeding Costa all sorts of oppertunities.

Last night Luis must have put in 4-5 top quality crosses into the box but no one was there to take advantage...Costa would thrive on that.