Valencia Watch

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I think that was the final result, but I did not see the end of the game. Valencia looked a bit sluggish, due to their previous midweek Champions League match, no doubt. They are a skillful side, but I saw weaknesses in their defence.

I think that was the final result, but I did not see the end of the game. Valencia looked a bit sluggish, due to their previous midweek Champions League match, no doubt. They are a skillful side, but I saw weaknesses in their defence.

It was 1-1. Late Morientes header.

It was 1-1. Late Morientes header.

He is going to be one of the players that we are going to have to look out for when we come up against Valencia. He has proven in the past that he can destroy us when in top form.

I see Jose was at the match. Knowing him he probably took some notes as he watched. These notes will then form the basis of his analysis of Valencia which he will present to his players in advance of the tie.

Brilliant preparation.

I'd say he got home quite late. Kids most probably asleep. Jose probably checked on them, maybe a light peck on the cheek, before retiring himself.

Typical of the man.

I see Jose was at the match. Knowing him he probably took some notes as he watched. These notes will then form the basis of his analysis of Valencia which he will present to his players in advance of the tie.

Brilliant preparation.

I'd say he got home quite late. Kids most probably asleep. Jose probably checked on them, maybe a light peck on the cheek, before retiring himself.

Typical of the man.

Disagree entirely, Liam.

Chelsea's only interest is to secure the top football talents across the globe before other clubs. Therefore, it is only concievable that Jose was in fact tying up deals for Miguel, Joaquin, David Villa and Fernando Morientes. This is only made more plausible by the fact that quality media sources named the above as transfer targets.

Chelsea's only interest is to secure the top football talents across the globe before other clubs. Therefore, it is only concievable that Jose was in fact tying up deals for Miguel, Joaquin, David Villa and Fernando Morientes. This is only made more plausible by the fact that quality media sources named the above as transfer targets.

Ofcourse... smack_head.gificon_lol.gif

Ofcourse... smack_head.gificon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Brilliant preparation.

Typical of the man.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2033378,00.html

Valencia fail to rile Mourinho but media succeed

Simon Burnton

Wednesday March 14, 2007

The Guardian

Jose Mourinho has refused to become embroiled in a war of words with the sporting director of his team's Champions League quarter-final opponents, Valencia, who provocatively suggested that Chelsea were the worst of the three English sides left in the competition.

Amedeo Carboni made the claim after last Friday's draw, saying that both Manchester United and Liverpool would have been more fearsome opponents. "Chelsea are a powerful team, with a lot of good individuals, yet I have the sensation they are not as strong as the other two English sides," he said.

"That's his opinion," Mourinho said yesterday. "Maybe he's told his players that we're the worst team and against such a weak side they have to go out and hammer us. That's his analysis. I don't want to reply to Carboni. He has every right to express his opinion."

Mourinho spoke highly of the Spanish side: "Valencia are a good team that plays and thinks as a unit and that's not easy. You need a coach and players who know what it is to be a team. I like Valencia."

What Mourinho definitely does not like is the British press. "I cannot accept the fact that the press have created untrue headlines," he said. "Until further notice I will not be available to the press except for TV and radio commitments around our matches. I repeat, I want to be at Chelsea until 2010. That is my desire."

I think that the governing bodies of F.I.F.A / U.E.F.A.HAVE GONE SOFT. icon_twisted.gif

BOTH sets of teams should have been BANNED from the competition.

I`m not asking for an easy CHELSEA passage through to the next round of the C.L.

Imagine if it was Chelsea/L`fool/Mancs or the @rse.?? What kind of punishment would have been dished out.??

I can see the headlines now. icon_sad.gif

?106,000 fine. More than teams are usually fined but still way to little.

When are UEFA, FIFA and the rest going to clamp down hard on teams, managers and players?

?1.000.000 would be a better fine.

Btw. Didn't Inter get a fine? They were involved too and should get fined.

Navarro out against Chelsea. He wouldn't probably have played anyway. Marcheno our for four games. Is that four games in CL or in all competitions? Will he miss the games against us?

I don't think UEFA can ban them from domestic competitions. They have asked for an international ban on Navarro, though. I think it's fair that Valencia doesn't get a stadium ban, since the fans didn't do anything.

I don't think UEFA can ban them from domestic competitions. They have asked for an international ban on Navarro, though. I think it's fair that Valencia doesn't get a stadium ban, since the fans didn't do anything.

Except cheering them on icon_rolleyes.gif

That probably didn't contribute to the fight too much. Maybe if they had joined the fight on the pitch or started throwing stuff at the players... icon_confused.gif

That probably didn't contribute to the fight too much. Maybe if they had joined the fight on the pitch or started throwing stuff at the players... icon_confused.gif

Yeah. It was more like when there's a fight in hockey.

Though I think that some of the fans wanted to jump on the pitch and go after Navarro icon_wink.gif

What will the Valencia side look like?

I see they've lost Baraja to injury for up to three months, (url=http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=453061&CPID=23&clid=191&lid=&title=Baraja+injury+woe]link[/url]. He'll be a loss for their midfield.

Marchena will be suspended. He would probably have played if available, though maybe in Baraja's place in midfield rather than in defence.

Navarro will be suspended as well, though he is probably not a great loss. He probably wouldn't have started if they had a full squad to choose from, though he may have been a candidate to replace Marchena.

marchena and baraja particularly are bad losses for them.

not sure what the situation is with ayala- if he is still there, and still playing, marchena won't be a loss, as raul albiol is usually picked infront of him. baraja is very good though.

According to Eurosport.com Navarro played tonight against Racing Santander. Wasn't he banned from all competitions? Or didn't it apply for the league games?

Just realized Del Horno is with them. Perhaps he can do a Messi on Robben and get sent off? icon_lol.gif

We need to keep track of Morientes and Villa up front. They honestly scare me a bit. If they're in a mood they can do some real damage.