Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

There's a pretty cool Superman story I read recently called Red Son. 

It's an alternate timeline where it explores the idea of if Superman had crash landed in Russia rather than America. He basically becomes the King of the World. 

Hmmm... That does sound pretty interesting. Thanks for the tip.

True, they are, but you don't need to be Daniel Day-Lewis to act in a superhero movie!

Then again, Robert Downey Jr has shown that it doesn't hurt a superhero movie if you have a proper actor in the main role.

Bit fed up of all the superhero movie domination in cinema these days. I was never a comic book fan unlike a couple in this thread I just feel that the Man of Steel movie had a good foundation to create a really good set of Superman movies. I was a big fan of the Nolan Batmans and Man of Steel gave me a bit of hope as the Marvel movies just dont do it for me. This for me though just looks meh as DC look to make their own universe. 

Cinema will be dominated by Disney classics made into live action adaptions and the Marvel/DC universe for the next 10 years or so.

Seeing the Star Wars trailer the other day was so refreshing to see, JJ Abrams knows how to make a movie.

Bit fed up of all the superhero movie domination in cinema these days. I was never a comic book fan unlike a couple in this thread I just feel that the Man of Steel movie had a good foundation to create a really good set of Superman movies. I was a big fan of the Nolan Batmans and Man of Steel gave me a bit of hope as the Marvel movies just dont do it for me. This for me though just looks meh as DC look to make their own universe. 

Superman Returns was one of the most boring movies I've seen and I've never been a huge fan of Zack Snyder's movies, so I haven't been in any hurry to watch Man of Steel. Nolan's Batman trilogy definitely had its moments, although as a whole it's quite uneven. The first one was ok, the second one was good, but the third one was terrible.

Superman Returns was one of the most boring movies I've seen and I've never been a huge fan of Zack Snyder's movies, so I haven't been in any hurry to watch Man of Steel. Nolan's Batman trilogy definitely had its moments, although as a whole it's quite uneven. The first one was ok, the second one was good, but the third one was terrible.

Steel in my opinion apart from blowing up the entire city and the way Costner died had a good foundation for a Superman franchise. I just feel with this latest trailer it seems DC have buckled under the pressure to create their own universe with a more gritty atmosphere. It was always going to go down that way but it looks like it's going down the way of Watchmen. A gritty style which is heavily influenced by comic books. Don't get me wrong I can see why the comic book world would love that but it ain't for me.

What made me prefer Nolans Batmans was the story and production value, I felt engrossed in those movies. Dark Knight Rises was far from terrible. They were dark movies but they had a strong sense of realism which was aided by Nolans desire to not be heavy on VFX. His franchise critically remains king of the superhero genre and I don't think Marvel will get close to it in acclaim.

It's just my take on it, I'd prefer that we will get more standalone blockbuster movies but we are in the world of remakes, prequels, sequels and franchise driven movies.

• 2 months later...

I like how they've shown that Bruce Wayne was actually at the battle of Metropolis at the end of Man of Steel. It's nice to know that the mindless destruction caused by Supes and Zod won't just go unpunished. 

I'm not sure about Jesse Eisenberg as Lex yet, but time will tell. Looks promising overall. 

not getting my hopes up, man of steel was a disappointment

I didn't think it was. People moaned after Superman Returns, because there was not enough action. MoS delivered on this front 10 fold, loved everything about it.

I didn't think it was. People moaned after Superman Returns, because there was not enough action. MoS delivered on this front 10 fold, loved everything about it.

exactly zack snyder is a style over substance director, all of his films characters are just too shallow 

and not being a comic book reader/superhero fan myself, i can't enjoy a superhero movie anymore after the dark knight, it sets the bar too high

Synder's adaptations of 300 and Watchman were arguably the most faithful to the source material comic adaptations to date. 

Batman V Superman looks to draw heavily from Frank Millers The Dark Knight Returns which is often considered one of the best Batman stories of all time. 

If he uses a lot of that and successfully weaves in the other Justice League characters that are making appearances in the film then this could be setting up a franchise to carry the torch from Marvel. 

exactly zack snyder is a style over substance director, all of his films characters are just too shallow 

and not being a comic book reader/superhero fan myself, i can't enjoy a superhero movie anymore after the dark knight, it sets the bar too high

It's a shame the Nolan Batman films were let down by the Dark Knight Rises. Slow, plodding snore-fest. And Bain was a ridiculous villain.

Didn't think the trailer was anything to write home about in all honesty, but that could just be that im not a massive super hero fan anyway. Batman is the only one i like

Then prepare, yourself, we have an onslaught of super hero films on the way from DC:

Wonder Woman, Justice League 1, Justice League 2, The Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, Green Lantern Corps.

It's a shame the Nolan Batman films were let down by the Dark Knight Rises. Slow, plodding snore-fest. And Bain was a ridiculous villain.

Then prepare, yourself, we have an onslaught of super hero films on the way from DC:

Wonder Woman, Justice League 1, Justice League 2, The Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, Green Lantern Corps.

I watched justice league the cartoon when i was younger so ill give just league a go

i guess ive fallen out of love with superhero movies after the first spiderman movie has been  redone 3 times...

give me a crime thriller any day

I thought man of steel was absolutely amazing. I loved Henry Cavill as superman I think he really suits the role. I was never big on any superhero stuff and used to scoff when my best mate would suggest I watched them, until one day I had nothing to do so I did, and now I'm hooked. Marvel films as well, not sure about Ben afleck as batman that's my only concern.

This film should still be epic though!

yes, it's the worst nolan movie imo, massively overrated, i think he messed up putting scarecrow as a minor villain in batman begins, i think he could've been more menacing as the main villain rather than bane

don't forget suicide squad, did you see the new trailer? my goodness

• 4 months later...