Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

• 3 months later...

saw it yesterday, it was very disappointing, pacing all over the place that it made the movie felt.. weird (150 minutes long but really doesn't feel like it) , predictable plot (especially if you watched the second trailer)

positives are affleck as batman was awesome, i like eisenberg as lex eventho lots of people don't like his unique version, great action sequence

again style over substance from snyder, just give the justice league director seat to affleck

6.5/10

Zach Snyder? So it's probably another speed ramp and super slo-mo effects show reel which may contain traces of plot and characters.

To be fair, though... Watchmen had some pretty good sequences like the one with "Times They are a Changing" as the music. The awkward "romantic" sequence with "Hallelujah"... Not so much. As a whole, it's the best he's done, but it just made me want to read the book again.

Keaton is still the best Batman.

Yeah, at least he didn't growl like Bale. The Dark Knight was alright, but both Tim Burton's Batman movies are much better than those other two movies in Nolan's trilogy. Heck, the Batman movie with Adam West as Batman was more entertaining than The Dark Knight Rises.

Just seen it. No spoilers:

I think it has been unfairly treated by the critics; it's a fantastic action-romp. Affleck is a fantastic Batman, Eisenberg plays Lex with pschotic glee and Cavill is good as Supes.

There isn't much of a plot but there are so many epic moments in this and the action is very well done. It is very serious though, with only a few moments of levity. It's mostly set-up for the upcoming Justice League film, which is why it is very disjointed.

But all in all, I had a blast watching this! It's so great to be able to see Batman and Superman in the same film.

7/10

It's mostly set-up for the upcoming Justice League film, which is why it is very disjointed.

This is what annoys me about some of these movies. They're too busy setting up a franchise to worry about making a solid movie.

I'm going into it with an open mind but yes... the reviews haven't been kind and again I have to ask... Ben Affleck?! The trailer didn't exactly increase my expections either.

Anyway, the last film I saw at the cinema was London has Fallen, therefore this could be over 2 hours of pure sh*t and still be better than that monstrosity.