Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2016/2017

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Looking at these two teams, it really shows you how far behind English football is at the moment. The quality of football is top class.

I think this competition is dying for Chelsea to come back. I feel like we could put up a better fight than the likes of City, Arsenal and the spurs.

Juventus is playing perfectly right now. If we set up similar to them next year and sign someone like Sanchez for the right side, we can make some noise. I don't know if we can win it but the quarter finals can be a bit of a crap shoot anyways.

20 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Why does Juan Cuadrado looks like a different player for Juventus compared to us

didn't have much chance to settle into the side / country / league. which is fair enough I suppose- we had a league to win.

he's obviously a much better player than we saw. probably would have been good competition for moses. at least we got our money back I guess.

3 minutes ago, g3.7 said:

didn't have much chance to settle into the side / country / league. which is fair enough I suppose- we had a league to win.

he's obviously a much better player than we saw. probably would have been good competition for moses. at least we got our money back I guess.

He couldn't be worse!  He was truly abysmal for us - he seemed to trip over every time he got near the ball.

2 minutes ago, Kinkladze1871 said:

United fans dropping their obsession for Griezmann to Dybala as we speak.

I don't want to guess how much Juventus would charge United for him though. More than Pogba I would suspect.

33 minutes ago, SeanWB said:

Juventus is playing perfectly right now. If we set up similar to them next year and sign someone like Sanchez for the right side, we can make some noise. I don't know if we can win it but the quarter finals can be a bit of a crap shoot anyways.

I don't know about next year as it will be a completely different situation especially given confidence levels/personnel etc but this year which team in Europe dominates this Chelsea side? Monaco/Dortmund are basically us in a nut shell and you beat us twice, Real/Barca, Arguably the worst they've been in the past 5 years and if we can dispatch Barca at home, I think you would have done so also. Juve/Atletico, These are the two fixtures i'd have loved to seen, Especially Conte against his former side.

Just now, Kinkladze1871 said:

I don't know about next year as it will be a completely different situation especially given confidence levels/personnel etc but this year which team in Europe dominates this Chelsea side? Monaco/Dortmund are basically us in a nut shell and you beat us twice, Real/Barca, Arguably the worst they've been in the past 5 years and if we can dispatch Barca at home, I think you would have done so also. Juve/Atletico, These are the two fixtures i'd have loved to seen, Especially Conte against his former side.

Early in the season we didn't have much luck until we made the switch to the 3-4-3 so I don't know how we would have performed in the early stages. I also think we have benefited from a schedule devoid of European football that flatters us a bit. I think we do have the coach and the formation to do well in the competition and with maybe one or two more pieces we could really compete with the big boys. I know its fun to rip on City for how you perform every year but the Champion's league can sometimes be about luck more than skill. A good bounce here and there can sometimes mean more than a world class team. Look at our winning run; that was far from a world beater.