Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2016/2017

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

59 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Winning trophies.. It's what Jose does. 

As bad of a season United have had they've finished with two bits of silverware and qualified for the Champions League, by all accounts that's a success. 

Given the money they've spent as a club over the last 4 years I was surprised to see they only had 30% possession against what was essentially a youth team. I don't think United can continue playing that deep going into next season if they have any aspirations of competing for the league or having a decent run in Europe. 

I think Ajax were incredibly naive tactically and Jose's experience shone through. Sat back and comfortably watched them try to penetrate the defence through the middle repeatedly to no avail. They had no plan B and that was tailor made for Jose. No surprise.

2 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

So in your opinion it isn't in fact embarrassing then? Could have just said that.

Not actually what I said. I'm talking about hypocrisy, people are been hypocrites. Players when they win stuff deserve to enjoy it. Our players do the same and I bet much of that is cringey to other fans. What's embarrassing is to see people moaning about it tbh.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

Just now, Bobbywoodhogan said:

It's hypocrisy mate, people are been hypocrites. Players when they win stuff deserve to enjoy it. Our players do the same and I bet much of that is cringey to other fans.

What exactly are you on about? No one's complaining about United winning this trophy. But that "3" celebration Jose made the players do indicates that he's counting the Community Shield as a trophy and when you combine that with United fans on social media going on about a "treble", it's all embarrassing. Especially for a club that's actually won the real treble. Why on earth would we slag them of for winning the EL? Didn't we win it ourselves 4 years ago? Nothing wrong with the trophy, even more so now that it comes with an automatic CL slot. It's still a B grade trophy so I wouldn't expect tears and what not like it's the CL but nothing wrong with celebrating silverware. We're referring to the context of that particular gesture.

1 minute ago, Barrettinator said:

What exactly are you on about? No one's complaining about United winning this trophy. But that "3" celebration Jose made the players do indicates that he's counting the Community Shield as a trophy and when you combine that with United fans on social media going on about a "treble", it's all embarrassing. Especially for a club that's actually won the real treble. Why on earth would we slag them of for winning the EL? Didn't we win it ourselves 4 years ago? Nothing wrong with the trophy, even more so now that it comes with an automatic CL slot. It's still a B grade trophy so I wouldn't expect tears and what not like it's the CL but nothing wrong with celebrating silverware. We're referring to the context of that particular gesture.

He counted the community shield when he was here too. It's nothing new, but as usual people jump on it because he's now at Man U. It's hypocritical. He held up numbers with his fingers when he was here and he was counting the Shield the too. Didn't see anyone complaint about it then.

Same as those moaning at the way there players celebrate. I'm sure many of ours have done embarrassing stuff but then it's a laugh isn't it? This is the kind of thing I'm talking about I'm just so fed of the bitterness. We are Champions of England let's enjoy that and teams that win trophies should be allowed to do the same without people been hypocrites.

3 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

He counted the community shield when he was here too. It's nothing new, but as usual people jump on it because he's now at Man U. It's hypocritical. He held up numbers with his fingers when he was here and he was counting the Shield the too. Didn't see anyone complaint about it then.

Same as those moaning at the way there players celebrate. I'm sure many of ours have done embarrassing stuff but then it's a laugh isn't it? This is the kind of thing I'm talking about I'm just so fed of the bitterness. We are Champions of England let's enjoy that and teams that win trophies should be allowed to do the same without people been hypocrites.

When did he count the community shield as a major trophy while he was with us? You may be right but I can hardly remember any such comments. Even this season he has himself called the Community shield a half trophy. 

You're being ridiculous about us "moaning". Do you need a reminder that United are a rival? A title rival too. Would you still count it as "bitterness" if the same comments were made about Arsenal, Spurs or Liverpool winning the EL? You're being ridiculous mate.

13 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

When did he count the community shield as a major trophy while he was with us? You may be right but I can hardly remember any such comments. Even this season he has himself called the Community shield a half trophy. 

You're being ridiculous about us "moaning". Do you need a reminder that United are a rival? A title rival too. Would you still count it as "bitterness" if the same comments were made about Arsenal, Spurs or Liverpool winning the EL? You're being ridiculous mate.

He always did he was even giving in the fingers in the FA Cup Final 2007 for amount of trophies he'd won. I even remember on the Sunday Supplement when talking about Mourinho's trophies they said they had to mention the Communitu Shield cause Jose counted it.

This rant isn't about Man U it's about people moaning about the wrong things. Just makes people sound bitter.

Im not been ridiculous at all "mate". I'm been objective cause I don't let bitterness make me come out with crap.

Do Utd fans still think Mourinho is playing the 'Utd way'? Credit where its due as it got them the trophy, but my god what a sh*t display that was from Utd. 31% possession against a team of kids that cost 1/10 of your own team. Its games like that, which make you realise how lucky we are to have Conte and play lovely attractive football and still win games without having to revert to that sh*t show. 

12 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

He always did he was even giving in the fingers in the FA Cup Final 2007 for amount of trophies he'd won. I even remember on the Sunday Supplement when talking about Mourinho's trophies they said they had to mention the Communitu Shield cause Jose counted it.

This rant isn't about Man U it's about people moaning about the wrong things. Just makes people sound bitter.

Im not been ridiculous at all "mate". I'm been objective cause I don't let bitterness make me come out with crap.

Right so if it wasn't for this supposed bitterness, we'd all be showering United and Jose with love and adulation then? Yes, you're most definitely being ridiculous.

Of course there are a few who are bitter towards Jose. Which isn't unusual. You don't expect every single Chelsea fan to have glowing reviews of him. But don't try to paint every not-so-good response from Chelsea fans towards United and/or Jose as "bitterness". That's just silly.

Jose and his biased ever changing criteria has ignored two things.

1. The Community Shield is not and never has been a trophy. It is a pre-season exhibition match (5 subs allowed and no extra time define it is factually being such, it is not open to any debate/personal opinion)

2. If it was a trophy, it is not by his own definition his trophy this season but Louis van Gaal's. After Rafa took over at Inter Jose said

“Should he lift the Intercontinental Cup, he will have only won two games compared to my 13. Therefore it will be my trophy and not his."

The man should be embarrassed for not only trying to glorify a pre-season friendly victory but also by his own definition of trading of someone elses success and claiming it as his own.

Edited by startedwithglenn

10 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

Right so if it wasn't for this supposed bitterness, we'd all be showering United and Jose with love and adulation then? Yes, you're most definitely being ridiculous.

Of course there are a few who are bitter towards Jose. Which isn't unusual. You don't expect every single Chelsea fan to have glowing reviews of him. But don't try to paint every not-so-good response from Chelsea fans towards United and/or Jose as "bitterness". That's just silly.

That's not what I'm saying have you even bothered to read a f**king word? You're been ridiculous case you aren't even reading what I'm saying properly!

I'm talking about moaning at them for things we did last week like silly celebrations or the fact Jose counts the Community shield even though he did here. I don't like Jose myself but I'm not gonna jump on him for stuff I didn't when he was here. 

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

55 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Not actually what I said. I'm talking about hypocrisy, people are been hypocrites. Players when they win stuff deserve to enjoy it. Our players do the same and I bet much of that is cringey to other fans. What's embarrassing is to see people moaning about it tbh.

My picture response was to this http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/jose-mourinho-europa-league-chelsea-10404131 of course

and here's some more hypocrisy http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-players-take-shine-10495773

but you can call me a hypocrite, I got no problem with that.

3 minutes ago, mojo said:

My picture response was to this http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/jose-mourinho-europa-league-chelsea-10404131 of course

and here's some more hypocrisy http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-players-take-shine-10495773

but you can call me a hypocrite, I got no problem with that.

I haven't called you anything and I didn't see any picture you posted.

5 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

That's not what I'm saying have you even bothered to read a f**king word? You're been ridiculous case you aren't even reading what I'm saying properly!

I'm talking about moaning at them for things we did last week like silly celebrations or the fact Jose counts the Community shield even though he did here. I don't like Jose myself but I'm not gonna jump on him for stuff I didn't when he was here. 

So celebrating a PL trophy is the same as celebrating a Community Shield then? Is that what you're trying to say? Or do you not realize that that's what most of us have an issue with from that video? How is that hypocritical? I don't remember Jose counting the CS as a major trophy while he was here first or second stint but if he ever did, it's as silly as it is now. Or where have you seen Chelsea fans ever going on about winning the CS?

48 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I haven't called you anything and I didn't see any picture you posted.

Ok then, I guess I've just found myself in that post. So there must be something to it :smile:

44 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

So celebrating a PL trophy is the same as celebrating a Community Shield then? Is that what you're trying to say? Or do you not realize that that's what most of us have an issue with from that video? How is that hypocritical? I don't remember Jose counting the CS as a major trophy while he was here first or second stint but if he ever did, it's as silly as it is now. Or where have you seen Chelsea fans ever going on about winning the CS?

What are you jabbering on about? Where did I say that? Jesus you're just creating an argument by twisting what I'm staying  :face_palm: .

Let me break it down for you:

- people who complain that jose counts the CS weren't doing the same when he counted it as a manger for usz

- people saying them celebrating winning the Europa League the way they did was embarrassing need to get a grip. I'm sure many of our boys have been "embarrassing in the pitch" celebrating trophies.

That is what is hypocritical!

7 minutes ago, mojo said:

Ok then, I guess I've just found myself in that post. So there must be something to it :smile:

I didn't even see these picso I wasn't including you in my post as I hadn't seen the pic to do so in the first place.

Im not saying counting the Community shield shouldn't be embarrassing either (although i couldn't give a sh*t if Jose wants to or not) but I'm saying he counted it as a trophy when he was here in his first stint and people didn't say anything then. That is all I am saying, that's where the hypocrisy comes in.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

Interesting that a "successful" and "treble-winning" season boils down to the ability of a squad signed for £628M, being paid £221M a year, and being managed by a bloke paid £13.8M a year, to come out on top in a friendly against Leicester, and in 2nd level cup ties against the likes of Northampton Town, Manchester City reserves, West Ham, Hull City, Southampton (with help from the officials), St Etienne (8th in France), Rostov (6th in Russia), Anderlecht (1st in Belgium), Celta Vigo (13th in La Liga), and Ajax Amsterdam average age 22

This is the Charlie Sheen school of "Winning" for sure !

Mine's a pint of Tiger blood please bartender :-)

1 minute ago, Ernie_blue said:

Easy way to look at the league cup is if you win it's a trophy, if you don't it's just a friendly. Always has been that way.

No, the League Cup is a legitimate trophy full stop.

Not a personal attack but any fan deriding one team when they win it and then celebrating if their own team win it are idiots.

Just now, startedwithglenn said:

No, the League Cup is a legitimate trophy full stop.

Not a personal attack but any fan deriding one team when they win it and then celebrating if their own team win it are idiots.

I mean the charity shield, that's why I changed it.