Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2016/2017

4 hours ago, Lambeth Walker said:

So just putting it out there how do we all feel about the super cup? 

Super Cup is a legitimate trophy. It's played with competition rules so it's a competitive game. 3 subs, extra time if scores level.

Community shield is played with friendly/exhibition rules so it not a competitive game. 5 subs , no ET.

If they changed the CS to only 3 subs allowed and you played ET it would legitimise it.

30 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

::clap2::Exactly! In any case it got boring hours ago I'm done with it. I can't be arsed debating with someone intent on arguing with me by twisting what I'm saying. Thanks for the back up dkw :JC_doubleup:

Maybe learn to not twist what other fans are saying as well? :Laie_39:

Just now, Barrettinator said:

If you were unable to make that inference from his posts then that's on you. I'm just pointing out why that logic is problematic.

No, your making stuff up. Stop it.

Competitive rules thing is rubbish really. I look at the super cup, charity shield, Club world championship the same regardless of the rules. Lets you give abit of stick and banter to other fans and that's all it really is.

Does the fa cup not count now because it doesn't go by the standard 3 subs and et, you now get an extra sub in et.

If Chelsea played Utd in the charity shield I would expect plenty of stick from friends who are Utd fans and there are plenty in the south. I would do the same to them. Doesn't make you an idiot but its apart of football.

5 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

Competitive rules thing is rubbish really. I look at the super cup, charity shield, Club world championship the same regardless of the rules. Lets you give abit of stick and banter to other fans and that's all it really is.

Does the fa cup not count now because it doesn't go by the standard 3 subs and et, you now get an extra sub in et.

If Chelsea played Utd in the charity shield I would expect plenty of stick from friends who are Utd fans and there are plenty in the south. I would do the same to them. Doesn't make you an idiot but its apart of football.

In essence, it's a nothing exhibition match that only has some meaning if you're playing a rival. The shield and medals are useless.

Just now, Barrettinator said:

In essence, it's a nothing exhibition match that only has some meaning if you're playing a rival. The shield and medals are useless.

Same as the super cup and club world championship. Just because they have the set 3 subs and ET doesn't make them any more important, I also think the medals and cups are useless. Actually both competitions are nothing more than hinderance specially the world championships.

I don't count the CS as a trophy... I don't rate the LC and the EL that high. This season was ok with those wins though and it got us back in the CL. I was at the game last night and when the ref blew the whistle I felt some sort of a relief... Mostly that we're back in the CL which will help us strengthen the squad which imo isn't good enough. Even without European games and all those cup games we wouldn't have been able to challenge you... 

When reflecting over my feelings I felt somewhat annoyed at myself for feeling a relief over "easier" transfer dealings and CL next season rather than celebrating winning the EL. We haven't really won that much post SAF, but I still feel like I did during his reign.

Wonder how them gooners feel now? :laugh2:

I'd rank the comps like this (but I am happy when we win anything):

1) Premier League - this is the bread & butter

2) Champions League - I don't think it's what it was (maybe because we have actually won it now) but it's still a massive competition that I'd love to see us win again. It's second to the PL though.

3) The FA Cup - one of my favourite competitions and I honestly hate seeing other teams win it. It's the best of the others.

4) Europa League - Higher rated than the League Cup for sure. But again now we've won it I don't think I'd care to see us in it again, unless we were having a bad few years and it brought us back. It's a good competition to win though and is another route to the CL.

5) League Cup - another competirion I love but only when we're in it. While I'll still closely follow the FA Cup all the way to the final. If we exit this one early I'll only get interested when the semis hit. It's usually the one final of all the competitions that delivers though.

6) Club World Cup - I want to see ha win it because we never have. But in the grand scheme I can't imagine it would be very strong in the memory in years to come even if we did win it.

7) Super Cup - nice to win but not a major biggie if we lose.

8) Community Shield - Same as above but even less memorable.

30 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I'd rank the comps like this (but I am happy when we win anything):

1) Premier League - this is the bread & butter

2) Champions League - I don't think it's what it was (maybe because we have actually won it now) but it's still a massive competition that I'd love to see us win again. It's second to the PL though.

3) The FA Cup - one of my favourite competitions and I honestly hate seeing other teams win it. It's the best of the others.

4) Europa League - Higher rated than the League Cup for sure. But again now we've won it I don't think I'd care to see us in it again, unless we were having a bad few years and it brought us back. It's a good competition to win though and is another route to the CL.

5) League Cup - another competirion I love but only when we're in it. While I'll still closely follow the FA Cup all the way to the final. If we exit this one early I'll only get interested when the semis hit. It's usually the one final of all the competitions that delivers though.

6) Club World Cup - I want to see ha win it because we never have. But in the grand scheme I can't imagine it would be very strong in the memory in years to come even if we did win it.

7) Super Cup - nice to win but not a major biggie if we lose.

8) Community Shield - Same as above but even less memorable.

That order is the same for me. I really enjoy the league cup, I like the 2 leg format for the semis, it's much better than having them at Wembley like the FA Cup.

The FA cup still needs to make more changes like no Wembley semis and get rid of replays. 

Premier league is defiantly top, the best always come out on top over a season. The champions league is a cup competition where luck in the draws, refs, red cards, injuries can all play a part. Or two jammy goals in the 90+ min ;).

13 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Honestly the way some of you are obsessing over it is ridiculous. Teams we don't like are gonna win trophies and we can say it's embarrassing the way they celebrate but people would probably say the same about us. Honestly some people need to get a grip. 

Spot on. But thank God it wasn't Liverpool 

2 hours ago, Ernie_blue said:

Same as the super cup and club world championship. Just because they have the set 3 subs and ET doesn't make them any more important, I also think the medals and cups are useless. Actually both competitions are nothing more than hinderance specially the world championships.

The club world championship is a farce in all honesty.  It disrupts a season no end having to travel to the other side of the world missing domestic games for a glorified friendly tournament. 

4 hours ago, Sindre said:

Zabaleta too recently.

They will probably have a crazy summer Ahead of them.

4 hours ago, Chelsbear said:

So City have let go of Navas, Clichy, Sagna, Nolito and Caballero.

Must have some players lined up sharpish.

Much more interesting than this CS debate. I think there are more on the way out as well like Hart and Nasri. They are going to have a huge turnover. I don't think they'll get good fees for them either. Still I'd expect Pep to have them sign 2 or 3 top class players and a few bench players. Could be 200m+

4 hours ago, Ernie_blue said:

The FA Cup is a complete tournament where thousands of teams compete, of course it counts. Think the extra sub in ET is a great idea, if anything i'd up it to 2/3 extra and do the same with all games in ET in all comps.

You are misunderstanding me totally on the last point. I'm all for giving stick even when it comes to the CS. What i'm saying is idiotic is to give the stick to your mate if Chelsea win but tell him to do one cos it's a friendly if Chelsea lose.

Robbie from Arsenal Fan TV:

"But Wembley is when Arsenal really come to the party. We have won the FA Cup 12 time and if we win it this weekend we will have won it more times than anyone else in history.

"You hear that, Chelsea fans? History. Something you don't know a lot about."

And if Chelsea win, it'll be 8 FA Cup victories which will be the joint second highest number. As for the history, Chelsea's first FA Cup Final appearance was in 1914/15. Arsenal's? 1929/30. Typical ignorance.

10 minutes ago, George Mills said:

Robbie from Arsenal Fan TV:

"But Wembley is when Arsenal really come to the party. We have won the FA Cup 12 time and if we win it this weekend we will have won it more times than anyone else in history.

"You hear that, Chelsea fans? History. Something you don't know a lot about."

And if Chelsea win, it'll be 8 FA Cup victories which will be the joint second highest number. As for the history, Chelsea's first FA Cup Final appearance was in 1914/15. Arsenal's? 1929/30. Typical ignorance.

So are Arsenal now officially becoming the new Liverpool? So useless that all they can do to stroke their egos is harp on about good times gone by.

5 minutes ago, Zeta said:

So are Arsenal now officially becoming the new Liverpool? So useless that all they can do to stroke their egos is harp on about good times gone by.

It's also the laziest jab of all time. It's hard to even care. The war cry of losers.

The History thing is so laughable it wasn't even bandied about until we started serially winning things. What makes me laugh is all teams have history, they do it's just some teams don't have the history of winning a lot of trophies like others. It's one of those pathetic things like when people call us plastic etc. f**k them there hasn't been a team more successful than us in the last decade let them swallow that bitter pill.