Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2016/2017

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Just now, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Was a really straight forward win for them. Gotta give them credit though they won it, long tournament. End of the day I'd rather do what they did than finish 2nd to 4th.

That's a fair point

1 minute ago, The Brit said:

Bt Sport are so ott...mutv in disguise

They have been this way all season. Even when there were other English sides in the competition, the only team they got excited for was United. You would think United were in the Champions League playing against the very best players in the world. The only competition they have faced in this tournament is teams that would struggle for a top half finish in the Premier League and teams that would struggle to avoid relegation in the Premier League.

They're making out utd were brilliant..they scored from a deflected shot, which meant they could just sit back, which as we know is Jose's favourite gameplan, and then they scored from a set piece straight after half time

Genuinely baffled that people celebrate Europa League like their champions of anything. It's equivalent to winning the Championship and saying you're the English Champions, and this false narrative of United having won a treble of significance is pathetic for a club of their lineage. It sounds entitled and plastic, but the 2013 Final is the only game I've ever deliberately missed, couldn't be asked to pretend to care about it.

Plenty of United fans going on about winning 'the treble', 'in Jose we trust', blah blah. Shows how far they've fallen. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather win 3 finals and get in the CL that way than finish 3rd, but have some self-respect; they were the 3 most irrelevant finals. Still more silverware than Spurs this season though, unless we count the Jermaine Jenas trophy of course. 

I am gonna have a mini rant here about something, when we won the league and now watching Man U win the Europa League why so the pundits insist in talking about next season? Whenever you saw teams win trophies years ago they never used to talk about what was to come. It's a reall sad state of the times IMO, everything's always about tomorrow. Isn't the whole point to end the season with some silverware, therefore completing your aims for the season. Why do the pundits need to obsess over what's to come?

Mini rant over!

2 minutes ago, Remy10 said:

Plenty of United fans going on about winning 'the treble', 'in Jose we trust', blah blah. Shows how far they've fallen. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather win 3 finals and get in the CL that way than finish 3rd, but have some self-respect; they were the 3 most irrelevant finals. Still more silverware than Spurs this season though, unless we count the Jermaine Jenas trophy of course. 

If the Jermaine Jenas trophy is Jenas' head on a plate, Alan Shearer was the rightful winner of that this year.

1 minute ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I am gonna have a mini rant here about something, when we won the league and now watching Man U win the Europa League why so the pundits insist in talking about next season? Whenever you saw teams win trophies years ago they never used to talk about what was to come. It's a reall sad state of the times IMO, everything's always about tomorrow. Isn't the whole point to end the season with some silverware, therefore completing your aims for the season. Why do the pundits need to obsess over what's to come?

Mini rant over!

Ferguson was always rather muted after winning something, it's all about driving forward to the next thing. Only way to create a culture of sustained success, imo.

1 minute ago, charierre said:

Since when did the Community Shield become an important trophy?

It's one of those isn't it, it's nice if you win but it's ever memorable. I'd rather win it than not but its not what I'd deem important in the grand scheme.

3 minutes ago, Charles Ryder said:

Ferguson was always rather muted after winning something, it's all about driving forward to the next thing. Only way to create a culture of sustained success, imo.

I get that but he'd do that in private, for the fans and the club as a whole it's a time to celebrate. Enjoy the moment and as I said pundits didn't use to talk about next season obsessively like they do now.

7 minutes ago, charierre said:

Since when did the Community Shield become an important trophy?

Since Jose won it..it wasn't important when he lost it as chelsea boss...similar with Europa league...it was a nothing competition according to him until he needed it to paper over the cracks over a terrible League season and get into cl via the back door

3 minutes ago, havelschayes said:

"light starts shining in machester again, the people can smile again" goodness me im sure those who are affected by the tragedy couldnt give a damn about a football team winning a football match? 

I've found all the talk how the tragedy was somehow all about Utd, how it affected them Was in bad taste...I get the city is affected, but I can't see how the victims and people who were there on Monday night gave a sh*t about Utd in this final

6 minutes ago, havelschayes said:

"light starts shining in machester again, the people can smile again" goodness me im sure those who are affected by the tragedy couldnt give a damn about a football team winning a football match? 

If anything it will make them feel worse ... that c**t suicide bomber scumbag was a Man United fan ...

Them united players couldn't give a toss about events that happened there. None of them have any connections up there and they were all thankful they were in their mansions etc the other night. 

It's a blow to the rest of us because now they have the CL carrot to dangle plus having far more money than any of the other clubs here have. They can basically go all out now and bring in whoever Jose wants without the concern of trying to sell it like seasons gone by.

greizmann is a stick on and with him they get a world class forward. It's an area we are in need of bettering but they will pretty much tie up the best available in Europe with him. 

I just hope Jose really is a busted flush and has lost the ability to manage a group of egos and stars. When he has a blank cheque book here he done serious damage to the league. 

Hopefully we have our business tied up early