Sign in to follow this  
Mod Stark

Little forum update today.....

Has it been updated again? I no longer gives me the next unread topic title and it seems to be taking an age to submit replies, often ending up with double posts.  

Quite recently, I thought it was just my sh*t WiFi but I notice other double posting more often. 

Also you and your fellow mods seem to have lost your lovely colourful usernames.

This is all on my iPhone btw. 

It seems ok atm, but i noticed it was slow at saving posts, i also noticed it was slow at updating the front page when someone has posted.

I've noticed on the few posts this morning that it was better though still slower than it used to be. Thinking this evening when the match KO's might be a better time to assess.

Posted (edited)

I would say it's been going on for a few weeks now. I didn't really think much of it before reading this thread, but I am noticing that posts are taking a long time complete. I'm finding myself reloading the page because it's quicker than waiting for my post to show after clicking submit reply.

I notice it's happening more in the more popular threads, like match day threads and Nearest and Dearest Rivals.

Edited by Scott Harris

Posted (edited)

@coco posted again tonight and no better back to being very slow again.

However, one thing I noticed. Though posting here was slightly slow it was very slow on the Neareast and Dearest thread with about 7 other members on it. Again I've noticed it on the match day threads. 

In conclusion the slowness appears to be related to the number of viewers on that particular thread, IMO.

Edited by Strider6003

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Seems to get worse at busier times on the forum as a casual observation. 

Match day threads in particular will lag. 

The obvious solution to that is not to allow people into the Match day thread.until they've been members for at least five years! That will vastly reduce the number of whinging wallies whose wails take up precious space! 

:happy001: