coco

Chelsea v Liverpool (PL) Sun 22nd Sep 16:30 GMT

6 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

They’re obviously unaware that you’ll be at The Bridge on Saturday and thus have earned the right to criticise any fan who isn’t going :wink:

I probably haven't mentioned enough that I'll be going to the match Saturday. Treated myself to a stadium tour as well :smile:  Last tour I took  was when Gullit was manager...

17 hours ago, Davey Baby said:

This summer Jose found himself out of work. Inter Milan needed a manager, as did Juve, as did Real Madrid, as did Chelsea, as did AC Milan, as did Roma, as did Benfica, as did Sporting, as did Marseille, as did Sevilla, etc etc. Jose still finds himself out of work. Bitter? Not much.

Jose is a Dino manager who doesn't look any further than setting out a team to scratch out a result from one game to the next. Most Chelsea fans, football fans in general, and those in the media, like what Frank is trying to do and know it's going to take time to get us back to competing for the title and there will be ups and downs along the way.  We're not accepting mediocrity, just being honest about where we are at this moment in time, so grumpy arse can bore off!  

12 hours ago, Munkworth said:

They’re obviously unaware that you’ll be at The Bridge on Saturday and thus have earned the right to criticise any fan who isn’t going :wink:

What a pretentious post. 

4 hours ago, TheChelsRVA said:

Off you go cvnt 

What a little charmer!  No wonder the americans got trump - he epitomises that sort of offensive self-obsession and ignorance.

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

What a sourpuss.

You managed to flush out another "World's #1 Fan (because I pay for a Fox Sports subscription) in West sh*tsville, AZ)".  Bless, he'll probably be telling us all about the detailed intricacies of the marvellous game of "soccer" and exactly how Frank is going wrong.

4 hours ago, TheChelsRVA said:

Off you go cvnt 

15 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

What a little charmer!  No wonder the americans got trump - he epitomises that sort of offensive self-obsession and ignorance.

You managed to flush out another "World's #1 Fan (because I pay for a Fox Sports subscription) in West sh*tsville, AZ)".  Bless, he'll probably be telling us all about the detailed intricacies of the marvellous game of "soccer" and exactly how Frank is going wrong.

Dear oh dear, he must be so much fun to have around.

On 23/09/2019 at 02:04, Dean said:

I’m talking about the game today. But since we’re on the subject of the others, are you that surprised by those results and our current standing given the circumstances: new manager and key players with no experience in PL, transfer ban, improvements made by other teams etc? You see, I’m not and am on record somewhere on here saying I expected mid table for this season. I wasn’t a fan of the Lampard appointment or of Sarri leaving, and all the other stuff (transfer ban, uncertainty around the owner) is a major handicap. but I am hoping to be proven wrong.

In a way, I’ve accepted mediocrity as our current reality and that’s the difference between us. From that angle, you might say it’s rich of me to berate others for their negativity and you'd have a point. On the other hand, that acceptance does help me to take things in my stride. Lampard and the team are actually doing better than i thought they would. 4th place would be a major result  for me . 

Disagree. Given our set of circumstances, is midtable accepted? Yes, but that doesn't mean the team is free of criticism. We have dropped an absurd number of points given how good we've been in all of them. Our finishing is woeful and our defending is abysmal despite the fact that our midfield is one of the best in the league.

This team is capable and Frank as a manager is capable of better results. We manage expectations but we shouldn't drop our standards just because the circumstances don't favor us.