coco

Chelsea v Liverpool (PL) Sun 22nd Sep 16:30 GMT

We have a couple of advantages in that we are at home and midweek play at home whereas Liverpool go to Napoli.

We do have injures to contend with such as Rudiger, Kante and Emerson and they have been playing well with 5 wins out of 5!

Let's hope Tammy and Mount can deliver again.

Edited by Strider6003

Tough call for Frank.

Stick with 3-5-2 ?

Or back to 4-2-3-1 ?

Or match up Liverpool like in the super cup and go 4-3-3 ?

Klopp won't know how we will line up, not confidently. And yet Frank will know exactly how they will line up.

From our perspective i think 3-5-2 will be a good call, as it shores up the right flank against Mane and Robertson, which is undoubtedly their stronger side for me.

I'm confident that Mount and Abraham will be a big problem for the Liverpool defence.

One thing i hope Frank has a word with the ground staff and stop flooding the pitch, i dont reckon it helps us at all, especially our defence, i know its something that weve done for a long long time, but i still dont think it helps us.

Can't wait for this one, haven't had a big game at the bridge for months, most of them were before the end of January last season, Frank in charge, youth on fire, against the European champions ( FFS) and apart from Spurs against arguably our most hated team, late kick off (more drinking time) the bridge should be rocking come KO

Going to this one, typical Mount would be injured.

Mount is actually making such a positive impact on the team to the point where I think he’ll be sorely missed.

My head says Liverpool will win but heart says Chelsea.

4 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Mount is actually making such a positive impact on the team to the point where I think he’ll be sorely missed.

Reckon your head is on the money.

Thought we were the better team in the Super cup but if we continue to give away cheap goals we’re in trouble.

Just depends who’s fit for this one. Hope kante, rudiger and Emerson are back, the others are lacking match fitness even if they have recovered. Mount will be out for a couple of weeks at best.

Don’t know what’s happening with Pulisic. I thought he would take time to adjust but Frank didn’t give him any minutes yesterday which was a surprise.

Maybe 532 or 352 for this one.

Azpilacuetta, Rudiger, Christensen, Tomori, Emerson

Kante, Jorginho, kovacic

Batswayai, Abraham

If Pulisic starts then 343 with him replacing Batswayai and Willian for Kovacic.

After last nights s**t show, I'm far less confident than I was 24 hours ago.

This team is still as weak as water when it comes to doing any defending and a quicker CF would have had joy last night against us, even with 3 at the back their forwards and wide men got joy down the sides of our CBs, if it wasnt for Tomoris pace, we'd have got done on the turn more than once, we wont have that luxury against Mane, Salah, Firmino and their 2 FBs.

3-4-3 can get in the bin as far as Im concerned, go back to 4-3-3, match them up and pray we can outscore them because no matter who we play in the back line, we're not keeping clean sheet.

Kepa

Dave Rudiger Tomori Emerson

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Willian Abraham Pulisic

Sunday's match now seems much tougher and with Liverpool losing in Europe they will want to get back to winning ways.

Assuming Kante, Rudiger and Mount are injured this would be my selection.

Kepa

Zouma Christensen Tomori

Azpi                            Emerson

Jorginho Kovacic

Willian Abraham Pulisic

Edited by Strider6003

I can't see us losing at home consecutively especially because it's against Liverpool after losing to Valencia. It's either a morale boosting win or a draw.

Thought we were the better team in the Super cup but if we continue to give away cheap goals we’re in trouble.
Just depends who’s fit for this one. Hope kante, rudiger and Emerson are back, the others are lacking match fitness even if they have recovered. Mount will be out for a couple of weeks at best.
Don’t know what’s happening with Pulisic. I thought he would take time to adjust but Frank didn’t give him any minutes yesterday which was a surprise.
Maybe 532 or 352 for this one.
Azpilacuetta, Rudiger, Christensen, Tomori, Emerson
Kante, Jorginho, kovacic
Batswayai, Abraham
If Pulisic starts then 343 with him replacing Batswayai and Willian for Kovacic.
With 3-4-3, we will certainly score them but they will easily outscore us because of our weak defense. 3-5-2 will be much better, our midfielder can help defensively and we will also have some chances to counter attack them, if Tammy is still at his best, we can score them once or twice out of the few chances we will have.

Sunday's match now seems much tougher and with Liverpool losing in Europe they will want to get back to winning ways.

Kepa

Zouma Christensen Tomori

Jorginho Kovacic

Willian Abraham Pulisic

I get extra-nervous any time I see Zouma in our starting line up.

29 minutes ago, wallosh said:
2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Kepa

Zouma Christensen Tomori

Jorginho Kovacic

Willian Abraham Pulisic

I get extra-nervous any time I see Zouma in our starting line up.

I would much rather have someone else there yet if we move Azpi to CB who do we play at right back?

Far better for me to have players in their natural position rather than weaken other players trying to compensate.

On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 09:28, Delnino said:

Confident, someone needs to stop the scouse hype train, especially after City lost at the weekend.

Can we have the same again, Chelsea, please...:biggrin:

58 minutes ago, wallosh said:
13 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I can't see us losing at home consecutively especially because it's against Liverpool after losing to Valencia. It's either a morale boosting win or a draw.

I'd happily take either, if offered them at the moment,

I would much rather have someone else there yet if we move Azpi to CB who do we play at right back?
Far better for me to have players in their natural position rather than weaken other players trying to compensate.
If Zapacosta was still around, I will play him as a wing back while Azpilicueta moves to center back. I believe having either Azpilicueta or Rudiger in any pairing of our center back will improve us defensively, but any pairing that involves Zouma means no clean sheet.

2 minutes ago, wallosh said:
34 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

If Zapacosta was still around, I will play him as a wing back while Azpilicueta moves to center back. I believe having either Azpilicueta or Rudiger in any pairing of our center back will improve us defensively, but any pairing that involves Zouma means no clean sheet.

Yes Zouma looks our weakest link defensively currently.

It would be nice to get our first home win of the season against Liverpook but we will have to be at our very best. We should maybe consider going with a similar team to the one that gave Liverpool so many problems in the Super Cup. Pulisic did well against them so give him a start. Also Giroud has a knack of scoring against them and should at least get some decent minutes from the bench. Hope luck is on our side this time after our misfortune in the Super Cup.