Jump to content

coco

Chelsea v Liverpool (PL) Sun 22nd Sep 16:30 GMT

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

Kepa 7 - solid

Alonso 6 - was good minus the marking

Tomori 9 - brilliant

Zouma 8 - very good

Azpilicueta 6 - solid but crosses -_-

Jorginho 7 - Good effort

Kovacic 5 - Very little input

Kante 9 - Slow start got better & that goal

Mount 5 - Ineffective & missed chance

Abraham 6 - Tried hard but fell short

Willian 6 - The usual, good until the last moment.

 

 

Overall outplayed them. Second half they were pretty much being dominated. Salah and Mane were nullified completely. In fact, other than two moments from set pieces they really struggled. 

Yet another good performance undone by moments of bad defending. 

 

 

Stunned that kovacic gets a 5. Thought he was one of our best 3 players and would give an 8. I really do often wonder whether I’m watching the same games as some. I’d honestly recommend watching it again. Tammy was terrible. Probably a 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dean said:

Stunned that kovacic gets a 5. Thought he was one of our best 3 players and would give an 8. I really do often wonder whether I’m watching the same games as some. I’d honestly recommend watching it again.

 

You were watching the same game as me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Im just listening to Mourinho's comments and they are honestly ignorant. We have a transfer embargo (After losing our best player), a whole host of injuries, and several youth players that are still in the development phase of their career. Of course we are going to have to accept defeats like this along that line. It doesn't mean we aren't a big club anymore, it just means we are a work in progress. 

What he fails to see is by his very own logic he isn't a big manager anymore because in his first season at United he was constantly glorifying/glossing over draws and defeats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought we deserved a draw at least. We pretty much held our own against a top side. We created two great chances at the end. Bats and Mount should at least have hit the target. 

Poor defending at set pieces is costing us dear this season. No matter how much progress we make integrating the younger players into the team, it counts for nothing if we can’t defend from free kicks and corners. 

The worrying thing is that it’s become a known issue and we seem incapable of sorting it out. It’s killing us at the moment. What do we do in training all week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we deserved a draw and I saw more positives for the season than negatives. No one is accepting the result but we will move up the table if we keep playing that well and keep developing. We have a great midfield and if rudigier is fit a solid back 4, alonso’s speed notwithstanding. Tammy will continue to improve. Mason mount is in the wrong position but has nowhere else to play. 

‘I reckon this performance shortens our odds of finishing top 4. We aren’t at Liverpool or man cited level but I bet we do a lot better against the other big 6 clubs. 

 

Boys stood up today, not beaten just ran out of time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A different angle for the build-up on Dave's goal - from this image it appears that Mount is onsides
 
To be honest, it isn't a great angle. Mount was offside IMO. The broader question is how many passes before are you looking at to judge? If it took 30 passes for a goal, is VAR looking at all of them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, TheBlueLamp said:
14 minutes ago, robdog said:
A different angle for the build-up on Dave's goal - from this image it appears that Mount is onsides
 

To be honest, it isn't a great angle. Mount was offside IMO. The broader question is how many passes before are you looking at to judge? If it took 30 passes for a goal, is VAR looking at all of them?

where I watched the match (A Legit Chelsea Bar in Sacramento with like minded Chelsea fans) we all felt it was 14 vs 11 in lpuke's favor - many plays where lpuke players would straight smash into Chelsea players like it was an NHL game, but where was the ice? At least they couldn't discount Kante's goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, robdog said:

where I watched the match (A Legit Chelsea Bar in Sacramento with like minded Chelsea fans) we all felt it was 14 vs 11 in lpuke's favor - many plays where lpuke players would straight smash into Chelsea players like it was an NHL game, but where was the ice? At least they couldn't discount Kante's goal.

You raise a point there I notice about physical challenges I also thought a few of their challenges were too strong yet nothing given, I've also noticed similar things with City last season. I thought with Arnold at one point whether he was playing rugby with his hand-off while running with the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pretty sure Liverpool benefited from the lack of a VAR review for at least one of the goals they scored at Anfield this season. VAR provides better technology but the way the rules are applied still leads to way too much inconsistency. 

The disallowed goal today was particularly gutting as nobody on the Liverpool side seemed to be complaining at the time. It felt like a review in the hope of finding something wrong in the build up.

After that decision I found myself waiting for the VAR review after Kante's great goal. In my opinion VAR will ruin the energy of game. There has to be better options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I am pretty sure Liverpool benefited from the lack of a VAR review for at least one of the goals they scored at Anfield this season. VAR provides better technology but the way the rules are applied still leads to way too much inconsistency. 

The disallowed goal today was particularly gutting as nobody on the Liverpool side seemed to be complaining at the time. It felt like a review in the hope of finding something wrong in the build up.

After that decision I found myself waiting for the VAR review after Kante's great goal. In my opinion VAR will ruin the energy of game. There has to be better options.

Exactly. How can we celebrate when the system is still open to corruption.

What is next they go back 5 minutes to see something missed so they can chalk a goal off, but cannot see Adrian clearly off his line when he saves Tammy's pen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
where I watched the match (A Legit Chelsea Bar in Sacramento with like minded Chelsea fans) we all felt it was 14 vs 11 in lpuke's favor - many plays where lpuke players would straight smash into Chelsea players like it was an NHL game, but where was the ice? At least they couldn't discount Kante's goal.
Good point on that. It looked like Pool were the homeside with the amount of calls they were getting. Looks like the refs have a clear mandate to get them to win the league this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

You raise a point there I notice about physical challenges I also thought a few of their challenges were too strong yet nothing given, I've also noticed similar things with City last season. I thought with Arnold at one point whether he was playing rugby with his hand-off while running with the ball.

there was one in the first half by van Dijk on Willian - in slow motion you could totally see the of van Dijk knee go totally into Willian's backside - of course Oliver waived get up:rant:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very disappointing to lose to them. VAR played it's part and I honestly thought our goal was okay. I didn't think it was a foul that led to their second.

Although our marking was terrible at that set piece to be honest !

Great display by Kante.

We'd the chances to take at least a point though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alonso and back 4 combination is useless. Alonso is giving to the attack and his strenghts are there but Tomori is picking all his garbage defending. Alonso is also taking space from Mount. Mount is never on the ball because of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mount wasn't often on the ball but Alonso never stopped Hazard getting on the ball. Mason Mount is out of position but that spot is the only one for him to get on the pitch in this formation. 

Look I do think the transfer ban has been a blessing. I didn't think so at first and there is a heck of a long way to go in the season but Tomori, Mason Mount and Abraham are clearly showing themselves as being of premier league standard and possibly top four team standard.

Tomori will have his bad days but really his pace and on the ball control is as good as anyone since Carvalho or maybe Gallas in Chelsea colours back four, and he has ten years in front of him.

I've got nothing to add on Mason Mount or Tammy beyond what's been said already. I've never been fully convinced on Zouma or Christenson but I think Rudigier and Tomori are possibly good enough to be in a premiership winning team. Bit early to say that though and of course they have to stay fit. Christenson is often getting found out positionally particularly in the air at set pieces where watching on the TV you can see he is a metre or 1.5 metres away from the guy he is supposed to mark.

Really we are just short a couple of top wingers. Willian's end product is frustrating and Mason Mount is not a winger or even a wide player.

Jorginho/Kante/Kovacic would only be shaded by Manciteh and then only because any team with De Bruyne has a top midfield. The criticism is they won't score the goals of other midfields but goodness me they'll keep possession and create chances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In great teams every player contribute in goals. We used to have Lampard Ballack Essien which seems pretty incredible trio in hindsight. All could score at any point. Kovacic and Jorginho wont. Kante can when needed. Not their main job but if you want to be in the top you need everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at Batshuayi, Zouma, Alonso for example on the pitch you can see we are very short in terms quality. Nothing against these guys but they are not top notch.

We need all our guys back from their injuries. Hard to even assess this team without Rudiger, CHO, RLC for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shame Tammy didn't get that chance that Bats had at the end.
Tammy had a much better chance in the game, but he failed to convert it. If anyone would certainly have scored with that chance Mitchy had, its Giroud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...