coco

Chelsea v Liverpool (PL) Sun 22nd Sep 16:30 GMT

I find it funny how yesterday Son was found offside by VAR and the unanimous notion was VAR shouldn't get involved on minuscule calls and how it's ruining football and after today it's that justice was done and the right call was made etc. Such hypocrisy from the media. 

12 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

I find it funny how yesterday Son was found offside by VAR and the unanimous notion was VAR shouldn't get involved on minuscule calls and how it's ruining football and after today it's that justice was done and the right call was made etc. Such hypocrisy from the media. 

Corrupt. No unbiased media, all with their own agenda. Liverpool are their darlings.

The only time Jorginho and Kovacic have impressed this season is when Kante has been on the pitch with them. Kovacic was immense today.

Tomori was outstanding. What a player.  We are in dreamland. Unfortunately Christensen is not good enough. He has had ample chances. Physically weak. Look at their second goal. All he is worried about is being hit. 

Willian was good in a Willian sort of way. Played well but lacks a cutting edge. We need Callum badly.

Alonso and Kurt played well. Frank couldn't make the changes second-half that he would have liked to but we benefited from that. We battered them in that last 20 minutes. Maybe he's learned a lesson. 

Tammy was poor. Didn't win a header all game. Poor movement. Fluffed his chance. Should have got his head up and seen Mount. He'll have better days.

The ref was an absolute c**t. Their goalie time-wasting, what does he do? Delays the game even further by chatting to Henderson for about a minute. Gave them everything first-half. Not the first time we've been screwed over by him.

Thought we were great. Very positive showing. Tomori was the big plus. We need to keep Kante fit.

2 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Mourinho gives me the impression that he seems threatened by Lampard

He's correct though. We sound like gallant losers, more akin to Norwich than a team used to being at the top. No If's, buts or maybe's anything less than 13points from the next five games and the pressure will be on.

8 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Mourinho gives me the impression that he seems threatened by Lampard

Yes it must be difficult for JM still being in the shop window with his football legacy though there is a school of thought that if Zidane does not produce soon JM will be heading to Real Madrid. I for one won't miss him as a pundit.

Edited by Strider6003

12 minutes ago, enigma said:

Was great at a time but now sounds bitter and twisted. Despite his success here he never had the popularity of SFL.

Thankfully we as supporters realise the hand that frank has been dealt and the further looks bright.

Just now, goose said:

Was great at a time but now sounds bitter and twisted. Despite his success here he never had the popularity of SFL.

Thankfully we as supporters realise the hand that frank has been dealt and the further looks bright.

O well on way home now many beers later, it's like the 80's, I love the Frank effect!! UTC

3 minutes ago, charierre said:

He's correct though. We sound like gallant losers, more akin to Norwich than a team used to being at the top. No If's, buts or maybe's anything less than 13points from the next five games and the pressure will be on.

Not much we can do though is there? Seeing as the board put us in this position with the transfer ban. Not supporting Hazard when he was here with buying top players was another issue. To think we are a club obsessed with winning any longer is naive because it's clear our ambition has been lowered. 

1 minute ago, charierre said:

Not necessarily, if you take Into account that we've lost our best player and Manager in addition to the transfer ban. 

We've got in an incredibly green manager who has taken over a team inundated with injuries, we have at least 4 players out injured who would walk Into our first 11 not to mention we had 2 players go off injured purely in this game. 

We were playing against the best team in Europe and played them off the park in the 2nd half, I just think Mourinho is being bitter as he can't stand the thought of his prodigy showing him up in management. 

19 minutes ago, enigma said:

Just because the club say something publicly it doesn’t mean that’s what’s happening behind the scenes. As long as the players and the management don’t accept it we’ll be fine. 

Mourinho doesn’t know how to lose with a bit of dignity and integrity. 

4 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Not necessarily, if you take Into account that we've lost our best player and Manager in addition to the transfer ban. 

We've got in an incredibly green manager who has taken over a team inundated with injuries, we have at least 4 players out injured who would walk Into our first 11 not to mention we had 2 players go off injured purely in this game. 

We were playing against the best team in Europe and played them off the park in the 2nd half, I just think Mourinho is being bitter as he can't stand the thought of his prodigy showing him up in management. 

Everything you say is correct, we are though now considered a 'big' club, defeats should hurt. This is the point that Jose was making, we still have a talented squad, the young players are within the squad on merit and we do them a disservice if we fail now to judge them alongside their peers. We are now in need of a few points on the board, jammy wins, it doesn't matter or we could find ourselves at the wrong end of the table come Christmas and that would truly test the mettle of the younger players and manager who could quickly lose confidence. Show me a 'good loser' in professional sport and I'll show you a loser.

@enigma you don't grow a business into being a multi million company to accept mediocrity. The club have readily spent and will again.

4 minutes ago, charierre said:

Everything you say is correct, we are though now considered a 'big' club, defeats should hurt. This is the point that Jose was making, we still have a talented squad, the young players are within the squad on merit and we do them a disservice if we fail now to judge them alongside their peers. We are now in need of a few points on the board, jammy wins, it doesn't matter or we could find ourselves at the wrong end of the table come Christmas and that would truly test the mettle of the younger players and manager who could quickly lose confidence. Show me a 'good loser' in professional sport and I'll show you a loser.

@enigma you don't grow a business into being a multi million company to accept mediocrity. The club have readily spent and will again.

I think it comes down to circumstances under which such a statement is made, if next season we are on 8 points after 6 with all our players fit and firing and fans and management are happy with such a result I would agree with the notion specified by JM. 

However we have arguably been the most successful club in the country over the last 15 years & you don't achieve that without a demanding management team. Every man and his dog has been crying out for Chelsea to lower there expectations and have a transition period to Integrate some academy youngsters into the team, Lampard has done that alongside coping with multiple injuries to key players. In addition to that we've more than held our own against the strongest team in Europe so therefore such a statement seems very bitter indeed. If you take Into account the history between Lampard and JM he should be backing someone he helped develop into the Manager he is today yet he seems to be taking digs, he did the same after the United game and now he is taking digs again. 

2 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

I think it comes down to circumstances under which such a statement is made, if next season we are on 8 points after 6 with all our players fit and firing and fans and management are happy with such a result I would agree with the notion specified by JM. 

However we have arguably been the most successful club in the country over the last 15 years & you don't achieve that without a demanding management team. Every man and his dog has been crying out for Chelsea to lower there expectations and have a transition period to Integrate some academy youngsters into the team, Lampard has done that alongside coping with multiple injuries to key players. In addition to that we've more than held our own against the strongest team in Europe so therefore such a statement seems very bitter indeed. If you take Into account the history between Lampard and JM he should be backing someone he helped develop into the Manager he is today yet he seems to be taking digs, he did the same after the United game and now he is taking digs again. 

I think you take from Mourinho's comments what you want. I would though as previously stated agree that smaller clubs are happy to have played well against the 'best' and lost. Our performance today was on the whole good, we can't though rest on our laurels and be happy with that though with no points.

47 minutes ago, enigma said:

He's entitled to his view and thats the way he is. Not sure what context he said it in but is he saying Chelsea are just accepting defeats? If so I think I can safely say that's not the case.

If you asked him today on the other hand are Liverpool, without a league in 30 years, a big club, then he would probably say yes.

Doesn't really make any sense.

I feel today's game is indicative of how this season will go: Almost, but not quite.  We have to take our chances against the mid table teams, and maybe get something out of games against the likes of Arsenal at home.  It's why the match against Sheff Utd was particularly painful, as those are the types of games we need to be winning.

We aren't a top 4 team this season unless we take all our chances and hope that Spurs or Arsenal slip up

1 hour ago, Davey Baby said:

The ref was an absolute c**t. Their goalie time-wasting, what does he do? Delays the game even further by chatting to Henderson for about a minute. Gave them everything first-half. Not the first time we've been screwed over by him.

Adrian has form, he was right in my line of sight all second half when West Ham got a 0-0 at The Bridge a few years back and he was doing exactly what he did today.

Im just listening to Mourinho's comments and they are honestly ignorant. We have a transfer embargo (After losing our best player), a whole host of injuries, and several youth players that are still in the development phase of their career. Of course we are going to have to accept defeats like this along that line. It doesn't mean we aren't a big club anymore, it just means we are a work in progress. 

Kepa 7 - solid

Alonso 6 - was good minus the marking

Tomori 9 - brilliant

Zouma 8 - very good

Azpilicueta 6 - solid but crosses -_-

Jorginho 7 - Good effort

Kovacic 5 - Very little input

Kante 9 - Slow start got better & that goal

Mount 5 - Ineffective & missed chance

Abraham 6 - Tried hard but fell short

Willian 6 - The usual, good until the last moment.

Overall outplayed them. Second half they were pretty much being dominated. Salah and Mane were nullified completely. In fact, other than two moments from set pieces they really struggled. 

Yet another good performance undone by moments of bad defending. 

4 hours ago, Droy the boy said:

Why alonso - he should be playing in the rugby World Cup coz every pass he does is backwards 

The last two chances from Bats and Mount came from his crossings. 

Those are the obvious ones. Tammy would have buried those.