20/21 League Position

coco

Final position ?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Final position ?

• 11-17
    • relegated

The decisions this weekend that have impacted us have been nothing short of a disgrace. But because the masses dislike Chelsea it is perfectly fine. Refs know there is no backlash if you screw Chelsea. And as for Liverpool today, just cheating in my eyes. Their first goal comes from a free kick - should be a drop ball. West Brom’s second chalked off in unbelievable fashion. Liverpool’s second about 30 seconds after injury time should have finished.

I don’t want to sound all Liverpool and spurs fan like, as it’s not corruption, but the media bias and influence it has on games if as clear as day to me at least.

If we get top 4 now this will taste so sweet after this weekend. Let’s hope the squad and coach have it in them! It’s not over until it’s over 

Well, top 4 is secured, but I feel that it's come about in the worse way possible. Once again, it's been handed to us. How can this team ever grow and become winners if they are constantly waiting on others to make mistakes instead of getting the job done themselves? Things need to change, because in recent months, I have been getting this horrible feelling that this generation of Chelsea players are missing something special.

The Champions League final could make or break a lot of players in this group. Losing 4 finals in row means they are going to be viewed by everybody as a nearly man, something that most players never shake off.

On 25/04/2021 at 22:36, Zero said:

I think it'll be enough if we win 3 out of our 5 remaining games as I think both Liverpool and West Ham will lose another game each. Should be doable!

I was right about 3 out of 5 wins, but the fact that it would play out like this I could have never imagined. Also, that Liverpool would go on that winning streak I did not see coming.

Posted (edited)
On 09/05/2021 at 00:11, Jezq8 said:

Yes we are nearly there I think.

I reckon if we beat arsenal then we will have one foot in the door.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Leicester fall short and Liverpool overtake them.

I called it with Liverpool finishing in top 4 and Leicester will fall short.

Though, I didn’t see us losing to arsenal, which basically made it really nervy.

Edited by Jezq8

7 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Well, top 4 is secured, but I feel that it's come about in the worse way possible. Once again, it's been handed to us. How can this team ever grow and become winners if they are constantly waiting on others to make mistakes instead of getting the job done themselves? Things need to change, because in recent months, I have been getting this horrible feelling that this generation of Chelsea players are missing something special.

The Champions League final could make or break a lot of players in this group. Losing 4 finals in row means they are going to be viewed by everybody as a nearly man, something that most players never shake off.

I think that's a good point. We don't want to Spurs it up anymore. 

I'm eminently hopeful we'll win but the one outcome I don't want to see is a 50/50 game with us missing good chances. I don't think you can draw many positives from that at this point. 

If Jose could break out his phone the night before that would be great. 

• coco unpinned this topic