20/21 League Position

coco

Final position ?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Final position ?

• 11-17
    • relegated

Just now, dansubrosa said:

Who do we want to win, Leicester or West Ham?

if we had to pick a winner i would say west ham, but a draw would be ideal.

40 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Who do we want to win, Leicester or West Ham?

I actually prefer West Ham winning over Leicester. A draw would be ideal but Leicester winning means that they pull away from us and then we are realistically chasing 4th spot. West Ham winning means that both 3rd and 4th spot is in our sight and we have both of them to play. Both teams also have extremely difficult fixtures and if it stays this way, I am confident we will finish above both of them.

5 minutes ago, STATS said:

I actually prefer West Ham winning over Leicester. A draw would be ideal but Leicester winning means that they pull away from us and then we are realistically chasing 4th spot. West Ham winning means that both 3rd and 4th spot is in our sight and we have both of them to play. Both teams also have extremely difficult fixtures and if it stays this way, I am confident we will finish above both of them.

I agree that this improves our chances of catching Leicester. But have you seen West Ham's remaining matches? Apart from the game against us it looks very favorable. Even if we beat them they could well finish above us.

3 hours ago, forbzy said:

I agree that this improves our chances of catching Leicester. But have you seen West Ham's remaining matches? Apart from the game against us it looks very favorable. Even if we beat them they could well finish above us.

But without Antonio and Rice. Cresswell went off injured also. I would say all there remaining games are tough. Newcastle despite there position will not be easy, especially as they have Wilson and ASM back now. They have to play us also. Everton is by no means easy as there also competing for Europe. Brighton away from home is not easy and they still have to go to Burnley which is never easy. I am convinced West Ham will drop off.

Edited by STATS

I think we will make it easy in the top 4.. our play and quality are so much better than both Westham and Leicester.. its a shame how utd get so many VAR handouts.. we are easily the second best team in the league.. hopefully next year we mount a serious challenge..

Well we really have a priority 6 pointer against the wet spam, and they are seriously playing well, that display against Palace, and suddenly we are playing better than them?, Linguard has give them some massive impetus 8 Goals in 9 Games, can’t see them folding up, Leicester are easily gettable, but our run in is vile.

10 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Aye me as well. Having City away alone is one near nailed on dropped points.

The landscape will be different by the time we meet.

The game is sandwiched between their CL semi-final 2nd leg, and the FA cup final, they will already be champions by then, plus we will know by then if we are playing them in the CL final.

With that in mind the league game will be a dead rubber for them with nothing to gain and plenty to lose.

19 hours ago, forbzy said:

12 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I'd take the Spammers run in over ours...

10 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Aye me as well. Having City away alone is one near nailed on dropped points.

All this talk about favorable fixtures but we had the 'hardest' run in last year and the year before.

If our top 4 rivals were sweeping up in the 'easy' games they wouldn't be our top 4 rivals!

Edited by Argo

As long as out fate is in our hands I would back ourselves to get top 4, currently if we win all our games we get top 4 and I would back ourselves to beat West Ham & Leicester during our run of fixtures.

Once we start relying on others to do us favors is the time I would start worrying.

1 hour ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Well we really have a priority 6 pointer against the wet spam, and they are seriously playing well, that display against Palace, and suddenly we are playing better than them?, Linguard has give them some massive impetus 8 Goals in 9 Games, can’t see them folding up, Leicester are easily gettable, but our run in is vile.

they have multiple injuries to contend with and probably their best two players in Rice and Antonio are out .. in a game of 90 minutes we should beat them and win our 6 pointer against them.. 

Their game play is pretty much counter attacking.. and the moment lingard gets attention.. he will not get the space to be as affective.. West Ham doesnt worry me.

West Ham play a lot of teams near the bottom what might be useful is if WBA and Fulham win a couple of matches to just concern those clubs above the bottom three then West Ham might struggle and they also have Everton to play. They might spring a surprise yet. 

34 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

That makes about as much sense to me as The Stats from Sir Michael make to anyone... :laugh2:

it's easy if you can convert fractions to percentages.

Capture.JPG

1/100 is 1% return, put on £100 get £101 back.

8/11 is 72.72% return, put on £100 and get £172.72 back.

2/1 is 200% return.

9/1 is 900% return

40 is 4000% return

66 is 6600% return, put on £100 get £6700 back.

1 hour ago, coco said:

it's easy if you can convert fractions to percentages.

Capture.JPG

1/100 is 1% return, put on £100 get £101 back.

8/11 is 72.72% return, put on £100 and get £172.72 back.

2/1 is 200% return.

9/1 is 900% return

40 is 4000% return

66 is 6600% return, put on £100 get £6700 back.

So I should put my money on Horses (excluding 1998-2001)?

On 12/04/2021 at 10:35, Argo said:

All this talk about favorable fixtures but we had the 'hardest' run in last year and the year before.

If our top 4 rivals were sweeping up in the 'easy' games they wouldn't be our top 4 rivals!

Quite so ... Liverpool for example have already dropped points this season to 5 of the 7 teams they have left to play ... they have been awful to date against teams in the bottom six ... which is 4 of their remaining 7 fixtures.

That’s us done in my opinion. That was one of the only 3 points I was confident about. Compare our fixtures to Liverpool. West Ham or Leicester will be there with Liverpool unless we beat them both. The ups and downs of this Tuchel campaign is simply baffling. The players just didn’t look up for it and didn’t seem to know what the plan was at all. Dropped points against wolves saints wba Brighton - deserve to be in the Europa. 

I love trophies I really do but going all in on them is such a risky strategy. Fingers crossed we get something to show for it.

I have generally like tuchel but really pissed off tonight, which attaching players has he improved? None in my opinion. 

also players needed to fight for the fans tonight, not sulk, which is what it seemed to me.

9 minutes ago, Adamrb said:

That’s us done in my opinion. That was one of the only 3 points I was confident about. Compare our fixtures to Liverpool. West Ham or Leicester will be there with Liverpool unless we beat them both. The ups and downs of this Tuchel campaign is simply baffling. The players just didn’t look up for it and didn’t seem to know what the plan was at all. Dropped points against wolves saints wba Brighton - deserve to be in the Europa. 

I love trophies I really do but going all in on them is such a risky strategy. Fingers crossed we get something to show for it.

I have generally like tuchel but really pissed off tonight, which attaching players has he improved? None in my opinion. 

also players needed to fight for the fans tonight, not sulk, which is what it seemed to me.

The only hope we have coming top 4 is that we don't lose. Draws like this are only good if you follow up with a win. We can't afford to lose another game.

• coco unpinned this topic