This is for the normal chelsea lot on here a question > Chelseas hooligans ?

donnyblue

5 minutes ago, donnyblue said:

You will never quite fully grasp on what a bag of mixed ul  experiences , good,bad,funny,pain ,confidence knocked out of you and fear all in one match day at times . Throw humour into that bag aswell fella.

I am aware of how much I missed out on because my stupid parents were to young to have me when I would of liked to of been born 🤣

I've been in more then my fair share of scraps mind you only one of them chelsea related though.

Sometimes I miss my younger days especially the weekends, getting up to no good and the rush of having a good punch up but I had to semi grow up eventually

1 minute ago, Malta Blue said:

I am aware of how much I missed out on because my stupid parents were to young to have me when I would of liked to of been born 🤣

I've been in more then my fair share of scraps mind you only one of them chelsea related though.

Sometimes I miss my younger days especially the weekends, getting up to no good and the rush of having a good punch up but I had to semi grow up eventually

Yes the growing up part is correct . It really makes my toes curl when i see lads i knocked about with at the football all like minded getting our hands dirty etc etc . We was all well into the culture of spending no end amounts of money to be wearing the correct clobber . 

Today when i see said mates with their kids ( sons) and they dress them up in likes of Stone Island ,new balance or correct Adidas trainers , Nice jeans i think WTF . It makes me cringe ,i keep my two lads well away from owt Stone Island etc etc . I will Get them decent trainers and boot cutt jeans but it stops there . 

I dont Even encourage them to go to the football and iam happy with that .

1 minute ago, donnyblue said:

Yes the growing up part is correct . It really makes my toes curl when i see lads i knocked about with at the football all like minded getting our hands dirty etc etc . We was all well into the culture of spending no end amounts of money to be wearing the correct clobber . 

Today when i see said mates with their kids ( sons) and they dress them up in likes of Stone Island ,new balance or correct Adidas trainers , Nice jeans i think WTF . It makes me cringe ,i keep my two lads well away from owt Stone Island etc etc . I will Get them decent trainers and boot cutt jeans but it stops there . 

I dont Even encourage them to go to the football and iam happy with that .

My two are too young for all that. Where I grew up and lived there is way too much problems with kids getting stabbed. Knife crime has always been a big issue there but when i was growing it was very rare any of us got stabbed, I got slashed in the guy once but wasn't very deep so it walked it off. Nowadays it barely gets a mention in the news because it's an everyday occurrence. This was the biggest reason for moving to Malta, I don't want my kids growing up in that environment.

Out here a bloke cutting his finger off with a grinder makes national news.

One journalists got blown up by some kind of money laundering guy and it was covered up by the government, a couple of domestic abuse cases and there was one incident of a drive by shooting (turned out to be two soldiers gunning down a couple off imigrants) but. That is the only cases of violence that we've seen out here

2 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

My two are too young for all that. Where I grew up and lived there is way too much problems with kids getting stabbed. Knife crime has always been a big issue there but when i was growing it was very rare any of us got stabbed, I got slashed in the guy once but wasn't very deep so it walked it off. Nowadays it barely gets a mention in the news because it's an everyday occurrence. This was the biggest reason for moving to Malta, I don't want my kids growing up in that environment.

Out here a bloke cutting his finger off with a grinder makes national news.

One journalists got blown up by some kind of money laundering guy and it was covered up by the government, a couple of domestic abuse cases and there was one incident of a drive by shooting (turned out to be two soldiers gunning down a couple off imigrants) but. That is the only cases of violence that we've seen out here

Good point about your kids and bringing them up in the most safe enviroment possible . I be going up me walls screaming blue murder when my kids Get a few years older and went down same Road as me . Iam just happy to know that the FV scene has well gone by and finished how i knew it .

my weak point with my two kids is drugs as i have never taken any drug or Even smoked in my life and dont really have a clue what the tell tale signs are ? 
I know the oldest 14 has been in the bigger School now some 6 months and he told me that drugs can be bought there . 

school today is far different from when i was at School as you was lucky to Get fags in and smoke without getting found out and a whack fron the cane   stick for your troubles . 

3 minutes ago, donnyblue said:

Good point about your kids and bringing them up in the most safe enviroment possible . I be going up me walls screaming blue murder when my kids Get a few years older and went down same Road as me . Iam just happy to know that the FV scene has well gone by and finished how i knew it .

my weak point with my two kids is drugs as i have never taken any drug or Even smoked in my life and dont really have a clue what the tell tale signs are ? 
I know the oldest 14 has been in the bigger School now some 6 months and he told me that drugs can be bought there . 

school today is far different from when i was at School as you was lucky to Get fags in and smoke without getting found out and a whack fron the cane   stick for your troubles . 

The problems with drugs is once they show any tell tale signs it's too late. Weed is about to be legalized out here. I think I can trust my son to never touch it. He is a real quiet sensible lad. My daughter though I will have to worry about her. I see alot of my younger self in her. Hopefully she will start learning from her brother rather then my example.

Anyway time to switchover to the match day thread

Excellent series of posts ,level headed and honest....like many i was the classic maybe cliched case of working in a warehouse all week and spent the week looking foward to Saturday ...it was true ,as the song goes meet your mates have a drink etc .I never went with the sole frame of mind of having a scrap ,well maybe the odd obvious game but on the whole,especially for away game it was the day out that i loved ,plus i loved CFC...

As for today ,ive not been in for so long ive no idea how bad the atmosphere is,bad i fear for many reasons ...i hope a standing area may actually happen one day and a bjt of noise can be made .....live in hope

as for knives and drugs ,for me a bigger problem than covid ,all parties just stick their  heads in the stand....bast-@s the lot of them...just look after and love your kids 

This drugs issue and for plums like me who have no idea on how to spot/ clock /see any early tell tale signs > there should be a night class or classes run by the government funds to teach pillocks like me on this subject .

iam not saying it will prevent abuse of drugs as Maltablue pointed out that once they start taking drugs is too late ? 

i like to think my two lads will keep level heads on them like they do today ,but its when they Get into the teens and they might  have chips on both shoulders that worry me .

i have set in place an idea that i have been kicking about that as soon as my eldest steps over the line in my eyes i will Get a mate to call his phone pretending to be in local Police and knows me quite well and knows my son ,and for the pretend Police officer to give my lad one hell of a scarboro warning ,like i said should he ever cross that line ..

Well  in part it was exciting, and scary..

But it's been glamourised into something noble and manly.

Truth is I've seen too many violent attacks on fans minding there own business on youngsters etc and that is something to be ashamed of definitely. There's nothing to be proud of in kicking and stamping on someone's head

It was mostly good boisterous fun though, I won't let the actions of violent bullies destroy the memories I have of that time

4 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

Truth is I've seen too many violent attacks on fans minding there own business on youngsters etc and that is something to be ashamed of definitely. There's nothing to be proud of in kicking and stamping on someone's head

It was mostly good boisterous fun though, I won't let the actions of violent bullies destroy the memories I have of that time

With chelsea and England i have been throu a few lairy moments and come out unscathed mainly down to the safety in Numbers or just been in correct place at correct times aka lucky .

with donny its a different page as safety in Numbers was never any help since we never had serious Numbers . On a normal day 30 tops and on special days 60 +. When your going to whatever division 4 or 3 League one or two fixtures with 15 lads at times and you never knew who was just around the next corner policy ,is where we came unstuck many times . 

been knocked kicked punched from pillar to post no end of times ,as i/ we have escaped scott Free from iffy situations no end of times aswell . Funny thing is every time i took a good beating it type of knocked my self confidence out of me ,and for next few days i would be second guessing myself all the time .

I honestly think that the NHS should give out Free good kickings to all and sundry as you will learn more about yourself at your lowest points .After any particular beating that i got ,it would churn my insides up in the days after with no end of self questions / answers . Normally by the next weekend and matchday i was out and about at the football after my wake up call ,untill the next kicking that i got then just rinse and repeat .

There  was only a couple of times where i was that close to seroius injury at the football that i said to myself `` if i Get out of this unharmed i will stop going  to football `` i even said a small pray to him upstairs when hiding from a mob of Liverpool carrying blades within earshot of them as they said `` we will cut the Yorkshire Bast ard open ``  

It was a very silent pray for sure ,and i got away scott or stabbed Free , today i laugh about it .

basically most of us are no big hitters at all ,but you like or its normall to think that you are at least a tad more up for it,rougher ,quicker ,harder untill you Get a good smacking ,kicking or beating . Thats when your confidence in yourself takes a bigger beating unless your a real nutter ,hardcase and its nowt new .

Fantastic days following Chelsea through the 70’s and 80’s, I was 11 years old at Wembley in 72,  I was on the train from Luton that caught fire, Eddie Macs promotion season I wouldn’t have missed for the world, running the length of the pitch at Bolton after Chelsea took their end, places like Forest, Cardiff and Millwall away weren’t for the faint hearted. Spurs away in 78, for those who were at Seven Sisters Station after the game, was a day to remember. My stag weekend in Brighton in 83, around 10,000 at Man City on a Friday night, the wall collapsing at Orient, countless trips to West Ham, taking over Loftus Rd on many occasions, the time we had around 20,000 at Highbury, many other trips to Highbury, including the one when Johnny B scored the winner, 3 of us in the shelf at Spurs for a league cup replay, trying to keep still when we won 3-0, losing 6-0 at Rotherham, the memories are endless, and if I had my time again, I would do it all again! I only go a handful of games now, it’s not the same anymore. 

8 hours ago, Del1970 said:

Fantastic days following Chelsea through the 70’s and 80’s, I was 11 years old at Wembley in 72,  I was on the train from Luton that caught fire, Eddie Macs promotion season I wouldn’t have missed for the world, running the length of the pitch at Bolton after Chelsea took their end, places like Forest, Cardiff and Millwall away weren’t for the faint hearted. Spurs away in 78, for those who were at Seven Sisters Station after the game, was a day to remember. My stag weekend in Brighton in 83, around 10,000 at Man City on a Friday night, the wall collapsing at Orient, countless trips to West Ham, taking over Loftus Rd on many occasions, the time we had around 20,000 at Highbury, many other trips to Highbury, including the one when Johnny B scored the winner, 3 of us in the shelf at Spurs for a league cup replay, trying to keep still when we won 3-0, losing 6-0 at Rotherham, the memories are endless, and if I had my time again, I would do it all again! I only go a handful of games now, it’s not the same anymore. 

I Wonder how many of us would swap the lack of fear and trepidation of going to whatever away games and the anticipation of a main or big rival mob landing in SW6 that happens at all football today  to go back to the days games where fear  trepidation,lust around owt FV .Take in mind the downfalls of FV on todays match days as  the atmosphere inside the grounds tenfold albeit the crowd attending would be slashed . ( see what i did there ) .

Not so much when watching chelsea ,but whenever i went away with donny 15 or 20handed via British Rail  we would allways have a copy of the sun newspaper scanning the fixture list from all divisions or leagues back then to try and figure out what mobs we would or might cross when at change of train stations or Even on same trains . Every possible option downfall or result when on the rail net Work was studied for a risk assesment . End of the day no matter how big or small the risk was deemed we allways just carried onto to our destination or back Home .

when we had the Numbers we would go out of our way enroute back Home after a game to stop off to say hello to mobs within our expectations pboro,rotherham,York were results for us ,where likes of wolves ,Barnsley,man city were bad mistakes by us to various extents . 

when we complain that todays atmosphere is flat at grounds its due to two facts  new nicer breed of normall fans and the lack of working class men / boys at todays games . For sure the stadiums in prem ,Championship and all League clubs are alot more better ,but its got far to comfortable for my comfort .

If you cant stand up in your Seat and let a volley of fcuks ,cants,twats ,barstewads off at your own teams lack of performance strangles the atmosphere .

7 hours ago, donnyblue said:

when we complain that todays atmosphere is flat at grounds its due to two facts  new nicer breed of normall fans and the lack of working class men / boys at todays games . For sure the stadiums in prem ,Championship and all League clubs are alot more better ,but its got far to comfortable for my comfort .

If you cant stand up in your Seat and let a volley of fcuks ,cants,twats ,barstewads off at your own teams lack of performance strangles the atmosphere .

Agree 100%. Part of the fun was turning up at away ground and meeting up with your old mates or just tagging along with another group you were on nodding terms with. Same at home games as pre-all seating you’d hang around where you usually stood (or in the benches later on / ended up in Gate 13 for a while - great fun but a bit mental at times) and meet up with mates.

At Wembley for the Everton FA cup final (2009) four of us, all aged around 50 and been there / done that with Chels when we were younger, being asked to stop jumping up and shouting by a group of Chinese tourists all in Chelsea shirts who clearly had no idea what was going on. Think they got the message after a while🤪.

What happened in the late 70s / early 80s will never be repeated, as we’re past it now and it’s all too sterile

Edited by Shug

22 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

Yes I saw some nasty examples of groups of Chelsea fans assaulting single opposition fans, despicable.

I had four or five close shaves where like Donny Blue you wonder if someone upstairs is looking out for you.

One nasty fight in the Shed where I remember the screams as the crowd parted and could see the police sprinting from the West Stand, it was short and brutal partly because of the five year inside rule recently imposed by Thatcher and the fact he had a neck like a tree trunk. The other chap probably had concussion and me and my friend then quickly moved through the crowd to a different location. 

we went over to QPR v Spurs in the late 60s and the level.of violence that day was sickening

One of our very well known faces flew past me on the down escalator and launched a two footed kick to the back of a young boys head simply because he was wearing a spurs scarf. Single  fans were picked off in the cross passages between platforms by Chelsea and beaten. . If I think about why I was there it's because of what others have said, the sense of belonging and togetherness and well, being Chelsea I suppose. I anticipated a bit of fighting but only of the usual kicks up the arse stuff, and running around.

I know that other clubs were equally as bad, but to this day I can't get my head around why anyone would want to dish out that level of violence to innocent fans.. How did they justify it to themselves ?

3 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

we went over to QPR v Spurs in the late 60s and the level.of violence that day was sickening

One of our very well known faces flew past me on the down escalator and launched a two footed kick to the back of a young boys head simply because he was wearing a spurs scarf. Single  fans were picked off in the cross passages between platforms by Chelsea and beaten. . If I think about why I was there it's because of what others have said, the sense of belonging and togetherness and well, being Chelsea I suppose. I anticipated a bit of fighting but only of the usual kicks up the arse stuff, and running around.

I know that other clubs were equally as bad, but to this day I can't get my head around why anyone would want to dish out that level of violence to innocent fans.. How did they justify it to themselves ?

The 1960s and 1970s was before my days of getting me hands dirty etc etc . I came along from the start of the Casuals,trendys or flickheads as we was known back then . Basically if you was from the other team and wore club colours we never got involved ,but if you was ever clocked wearing the branded clothing then that alone was enough to warrant a smack in your gob or a beating of various accounts . 

For life of me i can never recall attacking what we deemed shirters or scarfers ,but should a said shirter or scafer did ever join in thats their issue .

i have been in punch ups and once somebody went down it was good enough for me to leave him on the floor ,but i do know and havd seen lads mates then go in with the boot once a chap is down . I never lost no sleep over that but i could never kick anyone who is allready down ,maybe if i had knocked him down and i did not want him to Get back up and muller me i will give him a couple of volleys .

For sure i havd been knocked down a few times and my first reaction was to allways curl up in a tight ball shape protecting my head and face . I found that the more lads that was ever trying to kick the hell out of me when i was curled up the better ( derby ,York ,Barnsley, ) . Its like a frenzy of trainers all kicking you left right and centre with no real aim and they are basically fighting each other to inflict pain on you . 

Now if there was only say two lads kicking the hell out of me i would have come out alot Worse for sure ,since they can havd far more controlled kicking towrads my head and face .Thank god i never went throu that and my still good looks back me up on that .

i allways found the most quite ones within our smallish mob was the worrying ones as they were the ones that would carry a blade at times ,Something that never quite sat with me .

On 16/04/2021 at 13:46, donnyblue said:

The 1960s and 1970s was before my days of getting me hands dirty etc etc . I came along from the start of the Casuals,trendys or flickheads as we was known back then . Basically if you was from the other team and wore club colours we never got involved ,but if you was ever clocked wearing the branded clothing then that alone was enough to warrant a smack in your gob or a beating of various accounts . 

For life of me i can never recall attacking what we deemed shirters or scarfers ,but should a said shirter or scafer did ever join in thats their issue .

i have been in punch ups and once somebody went down it was good enough for me to leave him on the floor ,but i do know and havd seen lads mates then go in with the boot once a chap is down . I never lost no sleep over that but i could never kick anyone who is allready down ,maybe if i had knocked him down and i did not want him to Get back up and muller me i will give him a couple of volleys .

For sure i havd been knocked down a few times and my first reaction was to allways curl up in a tight ball shape protecting my head and face . I found that the more lads that was ever trying to kick the hell out of me when i was curled up the better ( derby ,York ,Barnsley, ) . Its like a frenzy of trainers all kicking you left right and centre with no real aim and they are basically fighting each other to inflict pain on you . 

Now if there was only say two lads kicking the hell out of me i would have come out alot Worse for sure ,since they can havd far more controlled kicking towrads my head and face .Thank god i never went throu that and my still good looks back me up on that .

i allways found the most quite ones within our smallish mob was the worrying ones as they were the ones that would carry a blade at times ,Something that never quite sat with me .

There was mostly good times though , you were grateful for the protection of the mob when a reception committee was waiting for you at away train stations !

The only thing is, Spurs are still acting like it's the old days , just look at that dick picking on that old couple with the flag at the train station....Pathetic

Anyway, enough of that, beer, garden, sun, West ham just lost  , we're at Wembley ! Have a good weekend Donny

• 1 month later...

You cannot judge us then by the standards of today. There were rules, Scarfers, families, kids, old guys, anyone not up for it were left alone. Nothing brave about beating some poor innocent up just for having the audacity to support their home team.

As a veteran It makes me laugh because the cry was always "Conscript them, that'll sort them out." Lol. I'm too old for that malarky now so just as well it's changed times.

On 13/04/2021 at 21:48, donnyblue said:

From the few answers to the question todate it only seems that its chaps that went to games during the hooligan times and it was all part of the game back then  hence nobody is ashammed of our fans past history . 

reason why i asked this question is that many in our society seem to spend their time going back in our nations history to pull it apart and pull down whatever statue if needs be . Some people seem to want to rewrite our history for the Worse ,or blank out very importatnt parts of British history that had massive effects of life today . Take FACT that it was Britain that went against 98% of the World to stand up against the african slave trade and via the British Navy end the africa slave trade .

For sure the hooligan times was keeping crowds away from all grounds at all leagues across the UK ,but today every prem game is a lockout just about since the hooligan issue was stamped out when the Tory government threw no end of money at it to Get full control of the issue .

Not everyone was getting their hands dirty at chelsea games,but for sure if cheslsea lads had got onto what ever Home end in away games even the normal Nice chelsea fans back then would join in with the chant > chelsea here chelsea there chelsea every facking where <  if this act happened today they get huge Boooooos and not pats on the back .

gjve it 50 years from now and those fans might be brushing the reputation of 1970s,80 s, 90s chelsea fans under the rug 

On 31/05/2021 at 17:51, 1manwent2moan said:

You cannot judge us then by the standards of today. There were rules, Scarfers, families, kids, old guys, anyone not up for it were left alone. Nothing brave about beating some poor innocent up just for having the audacity to support their home team.

As a veteran It makes me laugh because the cry was always "Conscript them, that'll sort them out." Lol. I'm too old for that malarky now so just as well it's changed times.

I can only speak for the late 80s and 90s yet saw several occasions of CFC fans attacking 'scarfers' from behind, and a groups picking on single scarfies and also getting ready to attack pensioners in opposition shirts too.

I actually stopped one from happening in Sheffield where CFC teenagers bouncing on their toes were looking to steam into three 60 year old Sheffield fans.

Fortunately most were not like that.

9 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I can only speak for the late 80s and 90s yet saw several occasions of CFC fans attacking 'scarfers' from behind, and a groups picking on single scarfies and also getting ready to attack pensioners in opposition shirts too.

I actually stopped one from happening in Sheffield where CFC teenagers bouncing on their toes were looking to steam into three 60 year old Sheffield fans.

Im surprised no one has disputed your story, the same way some dispute that the levels of racist behaviour were bad! We've all had different experiences supporting this club which is what some of us forget sometimes. I know a few fellas who're considered 'faces' (and I fell out with one because I declined to go to Bruges with them) and while i see them as proper supporters I think that theres a degree of selfishness when they get up to stuff as they've no regard to the consequences of their actions.

On 01/06/2021 at 10:13, kennypaul said:
On 13/04/2021 at 21:48, donnyblue said:

From the few answers to the question todate it only seems that its chaps that went to games during the hooligan times and it was all part of the game back then  hence nobody is ashammed of our fans past history . 

reason why i asked this question is that many in our society seem to spend their time going back in our nations history to pull it apart and pull down whatever statue if needs be . Some people seem to want to rewrite our history for the Worse ,or blank out very importatnt parts of British history that had massive effects of life today . Take FACT that it was Britain that went against 98% of the World to stand up against the african slave trade and via the British Navy end the africa slave trade .

For sure the hooligan times was keeping crowds away from all grounds at all leagues across the UK ,but today every prem game is a lockout just about since the hooligan issue was stamped out when the Tory government threw no end of money at it to Get full control of the issue .

Not everyone was getting their hands dirty at chelsea games,but for sure if cheslsea lads had got onto what ever Home end in away games even the normal Nice chelsea fans back then would join in with the chant > chelsea here chelsea there chelsea every facking where <  if this act happened today they get huge Boooooos and not pats on the back .

gjve it 50 years from now and those fans might be brushing the reputation of 1970s,80 s, 90s chelsea fans under the rug 

Are you saying people shouldn't question things they were taught in school for instance? You know what they say never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Ok...as far as im concerned i became a shed boy at the age of 12 v man city 67/68 season.....i liked the skinheads that followed and this shy quiet boy became true shed on his first foray away from the bridge...spurs....chelsea as i remember smashed their way down tott high rd and fought in the park lane......fantastic my brain told me.....ipswich was first outa london....everyone went in their end...they held half of it and i remember seeing scared police faces.....as i got older i got into my local gang of chels from walthamstow...wed meet up with the tougher lot at stations and end up away from home, meeting the leader harkins and co....following....and having great fun all over the country....at the bridge id feel anyone could take the shed if it wasnt a so called Big Match.....west ham would come in often....spurs tried once haha....arsenal from memory tried three times....once they were given half the shed because of maintanance in the northstand, only to claim they TOOK IT.....many games at home over these yrs.....loved terrace days when we sorted spuds most of the time...awaywas fantastic and not always our way....chelsea were sorted at many a ground....very scary but totally exciting.....too many stories to write down...loved all the crews run by harkins, babs and co, then the REAL GENERAL hickey.....feel sad spuds have the upper hand generally, but i do remind them that it wasnt often they put on a great show when it counted....terrace days at the Bridge.....

My memories of going away with the blue army will stay till i die....i retire from attending matches every 5 mins....this old 65 yr old body still needs to go once in a while....love seeing old faces and remember how rough some of these tattered oldies were.....always say hello to big bob on his stall.....some of u will know him.....nowadays my daughter chelsea attends....knows who she knows.....i tell her you think you had a good time today???? If only you knew....THE SHED IS DEAD....LONG LIVE THE SHED

On 01/06/2021 at 19:22, Strider6003 said:

I can't really comment, fans attacking easy targets, it happened across the country. In my post you replied to, I was talking more about organised crews having rules. Herberts fighting old men, kids, scarfers and each other was not in my matchday experience. I never belted anyone not up for it , or unfortunately vice-versa.