Mikel

abramovich

I can't believe he did it again. Can't f'ing believe it.

Then he walks off the pitch with this stupid smile and claps to the support as if he's being congratulated for the job well done. I'm sure the coaching staff lecture him constantly on being extra cautious now that he's got a reputation but it doesn't seem to work.

I know he's very talented and still quite young but i start wondering if he'll ever learn.

Very disappointing.

I thought he had looked more calm lately and I was hoping that he had matured and stopped doing stupid stuff. So now he goes and do this and completely whipe that thought from my mind. If only he could have looked sorry. I would have had some sympathy for him (only a little though). But he smiles and looks like he's done something good. F*ck him. Right now I don't ever want to see him in a blue shirt again actions1.gif

So will he serve his ban while he's in Africa? Anyone know?

yep- it will be served while he's away.

for me there's no question that we should keep him, and the vieira comparison is good barak.

despite that, it is very frustrating.

I certainly don't want rid of him - before the sending off there were clear signs tonight that alongside Ballack they could really dominate games.

He just needs to learn that sometimes you just don't need to even go in for the tackle. Tonight is a prime example - he could have just let butt have the ball as he was miles from goal and even if Mikel had won it the chances were the ball would have gone to an Everton player.

I certainly don't want rid of him - before the sending off there were clear signs tonight that alongside Ballack they could really dominate games.

He just needs to learn that sometimes you just don't need to even go in for the tackle. Tonight is a prime example - he could have just let butt have the ball as he was miles from goal and even if Mikel had won it the chances were the ball would have gone to an Everton player.

There in lies are disagreenement loz, you where watching the wrong game!!

icon_eek.gif Oops - bloody ex Mancs, all look the same to me, like rats

We were dominant before that sending off. Anyway i'm not joining in this slagging off of him. I used to hate him when he first started playing for us but tonight... was not a red card! I'm sorry it was just not a sending off, it was a yellow. Not Mikels fault tonight.

There in lies are disagreenement loz, you where watching the wrong game!!

icon_eek.gif Oops - bloody ex Mancs, all look the same to me, like rats

To be fair, his face does look like a butt.

Would he be more use up front recieving & holding the ball up, rather than tackling & chasing for it at the back of the midfield ?

Maybe when Mikel & Essien return we should try it, only real trouble would mean playing 4-5-1 to fit him in up front. If he returns before Drogba maybe try it with Sheva pushed up on the forward line.

----------------Essien----------------

-----Ballack----Lampard-----J.Cole----

------------Mikel---------------------

---------------------Sheva-----------

loz, i completely defer to you. i found my stats from soccernet.com's player game log page, which shows yellows vs ManUtd in the Community Shield, and @ Reading, vs West Ham, and @ Arsenal in the league matches. what game are they missing? i've caught mistakes by them before, and actually got thanked by their webmaster for pointing one of them out one time!

Yes the decision was harsh. I've climbed down a little from earlier tonight, my opinion then being clouded by my complete and utter pissed-offed-ness at the thought that the sending off might cost us:

A first-leg victory

Our unbeaten home run

*Another Wembley Cup Final

*Speaking of which, do you know what I'd really like? To beat Tottenham at Wembley. We've had our revenge in Cup Finals against the Mancs and the Arse but 41 years later we're still waiting to get our own back against those clowns

Oh and of course Phil Neville should have been sent off. Scouse Manc-reject bar steward, how scummy can you get icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I can't believe he did it again. Can't f'ing believe it.

Then he walks off the pitch with this stupid smile and claps to the support as if he's being congratulated for the job well done. I'm sure the coaching staff lecture him constantly on being extra cautious now that he's got a reputation but it doesn't seem to work.

I know he's very talented and still quite young but i start wondering if he'll ever learn.

Very disappointing.

I saw the sending off but Mikel smiling did not make me angry at all. It was a sarcastic smile as he could not believe he had been sent off for that bullsh*t tackle, and now he is leaving the club for a month. His choices, break down in tears, hit the referee, or smile sarcastically at the ref and then applaud the supporters before he leaves for the ANC, I know which choice i prefer.

I have criticized Mikel many times in the past, and have argued many times that his tackling would one day cost us (thank god it didnt today), but I cannot be upset over that sending off. Blame the referee, not Mikel. Carvalho made 10 of those tackles this game

A not so neutral view of Mikel's latest sending off:

Mikel's just been given a straight red. A harsh decision as it wasn't two footed.

The ref's have gone bananas sending people off since the derby for supposed lunges. The one in the Burnley v Arsenal game on Sunday was a joke as well.

That sending off was ludicrous. It was really funny obviously, because Mikel is a prick, but there's no way a challenge like that should be deemed a red card offence.
It was harsh, how the f**k Neville is still on the pitch is beyond me.

Yet another inconsistent performance from a ref who quite simply lost it.

And where did I get hold of this little lot? Here, that's where:

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-foo...-v-everton.html

It says a lot for Graham Poll's *cough* integrity If even they can come up with those sort of comments.

It was not sending off offence, the ball was there to be won, the pitch was wet for f**ks sake why doesn't the referee apply coommon sense and either have a word or book him. Instead of having a pop at Mikel have a pop at 'precious' Joey for makiing 4 yes 4 reckless unecessary challenges which gave away free kicks in highly dangerous areas.

If Mikels was a sedning off then why didn't Carsley get sent off for raking his studs down someones leg after only 9 minutes? And why wasn't Neville sent off for a second bookable offence on Malouda?

Mikel's a marked man that's why while, as the crowd so eloquently sung Neville will always be a c*nt!

Very pissed off and it's all down to the ref which is extremely rare for me these days but extremely proud of the way the boys stuck to the task and got the win we deserved.

A not so neutral view of Mikel's latest sending off:
Mikel's just been given a straight red. A harsh decision as it wasn't two footed.

The ref's have gone bananas sending people off since the derby for supposed lunges. The one in the Burnley v Arsenal game on Sunday was a joke as well.

That sending off was ludicrous. It was really funny obviously, because Mikel is a prick, but there's no way a challenge like that should be deemed a red card offence.
It was harsh, how the F*** Neville is still on the pitch is beyond me.

Yet another inconsistent performance from a ref who quite simply lost it.

And where did I get hold of this little lot? Here, that's where:

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-foo...-v-everton.html

It says a lot for Graham Poll's *cough* integrity If even they can come up with those sort of comments.

it is a sad day for ref's when even Scoucers can see what all of us can and they can not icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Mikel's had 4 red cards in 16 months:

Reading away - 2 stupid yellows. Deserved.

CC Final v Arse. Wrong.

at Manure. Wrong.

Tonight v Everton. Harsh.

The fact is that he has taken 4 red cards. Were they unjustified? Maybe, but he's the only guy in our team who has had 4 reds. Avram really needs to point out to Mikel that these clumsy tackles need to stop. Period.

I don't think Mikel is stupid. He is really passionate player and sometimes he just goes totally blind. When Everton got a hold of the game little bit Mikel decided that it is our turn to attack and threw out that tackle. Result: Red card!

He really needs to start thinking what he is doing!

Great player, great potential but he needs some guidelines!

I can't believe he did again either, nearly every single match he plays, he either gets sent off or he comes very close to.

I think hes a useless player any way. With all the young talent we have got we have to play him.

I cannot believe Grant didn't choose Sidwell over Mikel.

I personally think we should sell Mikel because honestly I never thought he was that good anyway.

Archived