Chelsea v. Tottenham Match Thread

ethicalstrategy

Now the match is back on Saturday it's not too early to start this thread:

It should be an interesting match. Spurs look good going forward but weak at the back. Do we have enough going forward to exploit that?

We have to win if we have any hope of challenging for the title so will Avram go with the 4-2-3-1 again or revert to 4-3-3.

Depending on the injury situation I'd start with:

Carlo/Cech

Belletti, Alex, Carvalho, Bridge

Ballack, Sidwell

Cole, SWP, Malouda

Pizarro

Obviously I'd swap in Anelka if signed or Sheva if fit for Pizarro and Makelele for Sidwell.

Belletti would be a better bet than Ferreira - every time he comes up against a small quick winger he has a 'mare. (Lennon last year in the league and cup and Young against Villa on boxing day)

I think it will be a tough one.

I was talking with some spuds in the Pub last night.... They were coming out with the normal rubbish about a good feeling this time etc etc....

This doesn't happen to me often particularly against this lot but.. I'm worried icon_sad.gif

Think Sheva will be back, he likes Spurs icon_wink.gif

Apparently we are trying to get Anelka before the game against Spuds but I don't see that happening even though some are reporting that a deal is done and that he'll sign tomorrow.

It'll be interesting to see Sidwell play. This is why we signed him. To cover in midfield when Essien, Mikel and the rest are gone. Time for him to step up. Not an easy test for him though. Spuds might not be a world class team but they're not bad either.

There was some talk that Essien would be allowed back to play in this match icon_eek.gif

Sounds a bit weird...he's already left for the ACN, hasn't he? 300.gif

Ballack for the defensive midfield role. That's the obvious choice, but do we really need to play two holding midfield players? I mean with this 4-2-3-1 formation... 300.gif

There was some talk that Essien would be allowed back to play in this match icon_eek.gif

Sounds a bit weird...he's already left for the ACN, hasn't he? 300.gif

Ballack for the defensive midfield role. That's the obvious choice, but do we really need to play two holding midfield players? I mean with this 4-2-3-1 formation... 300.gif

Maybe Roman have spent some pocket money on a private jet so that Essien can fly back to Chelsea, play a game and then immediately fly back to Africa?

That way we might be able to use Essien and Drogba and the rest while they play in Africa. They will of course have alot to do and get tired but they make enough money to keep them happy icon_wink.gif

Now the match is back on Saturday it's not too early to start this thread:

It should be an interesting match. Spurs look good going forward but weak at the back. Do we have enough going forward to exploit that?

We have to win if we have any hope of challenging for the title so will Avram go with the 4-2-3-1 again or revert to 4-3-3.

Depending on the injury situation I'd start with:

Carlo/Cech

Belletti, Alex, Carvalho, Bridge

Ballack, Sidwell

Cole, SWP, Malouda

Pizarro

Obviously I'd swap in Anelka if signed or Sheva if fit for Pizarro and Makelele for Sidwell.

Belletti would be a better bet than Ferreira - every time he comes up against a small quick winger he has a 'mare. (Lennon last year in the league and cup and Young against Villa on boxing day)

I think it will be a tough one.

Agree fully.

The team more or less picks itself at the moment.

Throw it all at the spuds and we wont need to defend too much.

Spurs looked ok against arsenal and that was at Highbury. King being back has improved their central defence quite a bit and berbatov will be a handful. Its a pleasure watching berbatov's technique. He has the same seemingly lazy style that ballack has.

This should be a good game and the extra day's rest will help.

Silly reason. Facilitating Spurs, whatever next icon_rolleyes.gif

Be here 3pm Saturday we will sort you a live feed out (english commentary promise).

Thanks Coco. But be gentle, I'm ICT-challenged, or extremely stupid with computers, whichever you prefer. Bluebeard once tried to help me sorting out a feed, but no joy. I blame BB of course, not myself.

Apparently we are trying to get Anelka before the game against Spuds but I don't see that happening even though some are reporting that a deal is done and that he'll sign tomorrow.

It'll be interesting to see Sidwell play. This is why we signed him. To cover in midfield when Essien, Mikel and the rest are gone. Time for him to step up. Not an easy test for him though. Spuds might not be a world class team but they're not bad either.

If you call frustration, anxiety and fear of losing interesting, I'm with you.. icon_wink.gif

Last time we signed a player just before a game against spuds he came of the bench, rose like a salmon and scored the winner........ World footballer of the year, George Weah.

Come on Nic get in there and do the business.

I'd be interested in being the next american presedent

unfortantly Im not american, and sidwell isnt chelski

Well , its just as well i didnt book flights to come over on Monday then isnt it . That was my intention before booking the Everton game. Im getting to the stage where im afraid to make any plans for Chelsea games.

To be fair, the possibility it might move back to the original date was mentioned when the initial move to Monday was announced.

Archived