Bridge to Newcastle now!

ethicalstrategy
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

In my opinion Bridge really is the better player, but the management past and current don't see it that way so he may as well move on. It's funny there are an awfull lot of fans that prefer Bridgey (not just Cheslea) yet most managers seem to disagree!!!

But Cole better defender overall, Bridge is better going forward.

I guess I agree with this, it's good seeing Bridge going forward, but Cole's defensive positioning is ace (how many times does he clear the ball off the line!?) and has managed to keep even the best players (Ronaldo, for one) quiet on numerous occasions.

Cole in defence, Bridge in midfield is something I'd like to see more of.

there is nearly no point to ashley cole- here we have a defender who often gets mugged by lower league wingers, and has an amazingly poor crossing ability for someone who is supposedly good going forward. we really did get the wrong left back from that lot.

bridge is not a world class defender. he's not a great defender even. what he is, is an extremely consistent one, who is solid in defence and a very strong crosser. he's more of an attacking player, and few fullbacks can do more going forward in england. he's an excellent asset- not a totally irreplaceable one, but one that doesn't deserve replacing. also, I'd never make up mean verses about him. for which he deserves much praise.

When we come up against Man Utd and Cristiano Ronaldo in particular, I feel far more comfortable with Ashley Cole back there than Wayne Bridge. Bridge may be more consistant and better going forward, but as long as Ashley Cole continues to be our strongest option against the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, then I think he has a role at Chelsea.

When we come up against Man Utd and Cristiano Ronaldo in particular, I feel far more comfortable with Ashley Cole back there than Wayne Bridge. Bridge may be more consistant and better going forward, but as long as Ashley Cole continues to be our strongest option against the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, then I think he has a role at Chelsea.

one thing you need to battle C.Ronaldo is speed, one thing ashley has that you cannot deny him, is pace

I agree. I think Avram and Jose chooses the one who they feel can defend better. Bridge usually gets his chance to play when we play carling cup or against lower teams. Otherwise they have chosen Cole.

We really should try to keep Bridge since he knows really well the left flank and how to use it in attacks. If we are trailing in a game Bridge could be an attacking option to the left. Bare in mind that Belletti is our number one right back and he is sometimes(really often actually) in the attacking box. The other side needs to be protected in case of counter attacks.

But I agree with most of you that Bridge has played really, really well and still Cole gets picked for the next game. For competition it is bad and unfair. I totally understand if Wayne want's to go.

Not to be a hindsighter, but I never wanted Ashley here. I honestly thought he would be better than bridge, but I knew he was the kind of personality that was cancerous and didnt want him in that locker room. Right sentiment, but wrong reasons.

Like many of you, I think Bridge is better at only certain aspects of the game. But with those aspects the purchase of Cole seems totally ill advised and wasteful considering 1. Del Horno was another Jose related fullback disaster 2. we gave up a mercurial but talented player of our own in Willy. Looking back, id rather have the talented c*nt we knew than having the one we bummed off Wenger

All that said, with the swirling rumors that Keegan now wants Riise (in what is no doubt an ominous portend of his tactical intent) I have my fingers crossed that our Bridge is safe from Geordie mitts......hopefully

ah, the debate of Cole and Bridgey. All I can say is, it's a wonderful position to be in! Cole showed how great he can be against Ronaldo, and Bridge showed how great he can be against Le arse. We are playing both of them enough that I feel we can keep them both happy! no way should we let Bridge go!