g3.7

apparent starting line up;

.............................................james

brown.................ferdinand ©.................terry..............a.cole

.........................hargreaves..................barry

beckham

.............................................gerrard...............j.cole

.............................................rooney

a shame to see johnno and particularly lamps not start.

Hope this is just a knock for Lamps, but not gutted him missing this match from a selfish angle.

Not one single shot of Rio leading the team out, the camera man focusing on the French team more icon_lol.gif either French, or a Chelsea fan icon_wink.gif I rememebr JT's first time in charge, they wouldn't budge from him. That said, the same happened for Gerrard, camera 100% on him... And now they've just focused on Beckham. icon_lol.gif Nice moment if there are any Ferdinands at home watching on the tele icon_lol.gif they saw bugger all.

55 - Not much happening: France are happily drawing on England and looking to break. Thomas Evans believes the four changes at half-time compares Capello to former boss Steve McClaren and he has labelled the Italian McCapello!

52 - Good riddance to Gerrard: Linda is glad to see the back of Gerrard and believes Capello should have selected a Barnsley midfielder instead. The romance of the FA Cup claims another victim.

Skysports

Hope Terry's alright, seemed to have a slight hamstring problem

strange game...we dominated possession in first half, but got undone by one bit of quality and anelka looked top draw...are we playing to his strengths cos he hasn't looked as threatening for us as he did for france tonight...I thought Becks still looked one of our best players despite a lack of fitness and couldn't believe mullery on sky sports saying he should quit now...even the french fans applauded him off and clapped some of his 60 yard passes...it was noticeable how our performance dipped after he went off...bentley is overrated in my opinion...downing is utter sh*te...joe had a disappointing first half but he is one of our few players with any creativity...

i thought barry and hargreaves looked very average...they were neither creative or offering our back four protection...if we play two defensive midfielders they should at least be able to offer us a solid wall, but they couldn't even do that...I told a united fan the other day that in paying £18m for hargreaves they'd spent £18m on getting another nicky butt.

noticeable how maka, thuram and gallas just had our forward play for breakfast, while france countered with ease even though they weren't that great either

Gerrard was world class again. See that 40 yard pass straight to Gallas' feet only he can do that

always enjoy seeing the inspirational gerrard play when lamps isn't there to get in his way and spoil his game...once again he proved that lamps is to blame for all his mediocre performances at international level icon_rolleyes.gif

I thought Ribery and Anelka made Hargreaves look more ordinary than usual, Ash wasted every chance he had to cross the ball which makes me wonder if Wayne spends his spare time walking under ladders.

Nic looked very sharp which is good to see, Beckham still looks a good player to me and worth his place.

Not a lot learned from the game though as far as I could see.

PS I think they said Frank was ill, never mentioned an injury.

yeah Frank was left at the hotel with a stomach illness, no injury. Don't know about JT. Anelka looked sharp, and Malouda looked decent in the highlights.

Also, Essien scored for Ghana in their 1-2 loss to mexico (mexico overcame the 1-0 advantage Ghana had over them to come back and win 1-2)

Scott

Have to say that last nights game was one of the worst I have ever seen from england. We were pedestrian and clueless. France barely had to try. I hate to think what it would have been like if they had taken it seriously.

The starting midfield was a joke but it got worse in the second half - Downing, Hargreaves, Barry, Beckham - not really going to put the fear of god into any opposition.

Capellos english is still clearly very poor. It's the only explanation for him saying that he thought we played well. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Personally, I can't see Beckham making many more appearances. He was completely ineffectual during the match and he still lacks any sense of positional discipline.

It was good to hear Wilkins and Hoddle giving Gerrard a bit of stick about not being able to play in midfield because of his lack of positional sense.

It was a good game for Lampard to miss I think.

Capellos english is still clearly very poor. It's the only explanation for him saying that he thought we played well. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

One of the most hilarious things I saw all night.....maybe Sky has been exposed icon_lol.gif

There was a pre-match interview and Capello was responding in Italian and there were sub-titles...

I understand Italian fairly well having lived there, and to the question about what Rio brought to the team as captain, he was talking about playing with more passion and flair while the subtitles were telling us how great Rio was ! ... Could have easily been an editing mistake because he clearly was not answering the question put to him, but it does make you wonder how heavily edited these interviews can be !

Match is not even worth commenting on in my opinion...

and is it coincidence that we play a lovely little French friendly while Sarkozy (sp) has his tongue firmly in there with the Royals ;-) ??

Got sent this earlier.Thought it was quite amusing.

Apologies to Pauly or any other Italains if easily offended.

CAPELLOS AFTERMATCH INTERVIEW

Interviewer - so what do you take from that performance ?

Capello - eeeeh-spaghetti-ferrari-milano-georgio-armani-taglatelli-paulo-natini-valentino-fiat-leonado-da-vinci

Greasy interpreter - not a lot !

Interviewer - so was that the last time we'll see Beckham in a England shirt ?

Capello - eeeeh-pavorotti-lambourgini-asti-spamanti-dino-zoff-ravioli-michael-corleone-mussolini-vatican-city

Greasy interpreter - Don't be silly ,we have a friendly v the USA think of the FA's TV money

Interviewer - So the result is not important ?

Capello - eeeeh-dominos-pizza-cincocento-rimini-stillettos-gucci-joe-dolce-shaddup-ya-face-mafia-ali-fusini !!

Greasy interpreter - No ,its a friendly and who gives a fck,i still take my 5 mil and were not talking lira here !!

I'm sure when he took the job he said he'd be speaking English by his first game

I'm sure when he took the job he said he'd be speaking English by his first game

I'm pretty sure his english isn't bad - he clearly understood all the questions that were asked. I can understand him being a bit more hesitant answering in english as any stumble or wrong word would be jumped on by the press.

I'd be much more concerned that he displayed all the tactical nous of Grant last night! icon_lol.gif

I'm pretty sure his english isn't bad - he clearly understood all the questions that were asked. I can understand him being a bit more hesitant answering in english as any stumble or wrong word would be jumped on by the press.

I'd be much more concerned that he displayed all the tactical nous of Grant last night! icon_lol.gif

Crap, I turned it off at 1-0 down...did we win it then?

Archived