football terminology you find annoying

lauren

Frank Lampard... goal. 50 yard strike, top corner. Good goal.

...STEVIE GEERRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!! WHAT AN UNBELIEEEEEVABLE STRIKE FROM STEVIE G! 3 yard out tap in to an open goal, what a stunner, the goal wasn't bad too gay.gif

The constant reference to Hansen saying that you win nothing with kids.

The fact that pundits who were once forwards are supposed to think that every penalty shout is legitimate, and vice versa for defenders.

Motson saying the word "there" after nearly everything he has ever said

Liverpool fans are the salt of the earth

Most things said about Liverpool in general, and the blame shifting that goes on from them constantly showing up without tickets. And then for us to be told that it was the police handling of the situation that caused the trouble. NO IT WASN'T!!! It was the bunch of thieving c**ts showing up trying to get shi* for free as they always fu**ing do!

One thing that bugs me is creeping Americanisms. One is the use of 'offensive' when the English word is 'attacking' (as in 'offensive play' - offensive means something quite different). Another is people referring to both injury time and extra time as 'overtime'. I'm sorry, but overtime is when you get paid for working beyond your shift, not when the ref adds on a few extra minutes for stoppages or plays an extra thirty minutes to separate two teams after a tie.... I mean draw.

I bet it won't be long before coaches and commentators start talking about deeefence instead of defence (stress on the second syllable is correct, of course, but that's not what US coaches and commentators say)

Archived