Film remakes that are a disgrace

dkw

further to yorkeyblues thread on remakes that are better than the originals, i though i would start one where the remakes were an abomination. firstly, get carter starring stallone. whoever thought that was a good idea should be shot. pink panther starring steve martin, another absolutley pathetic attempt. anyone care to add?

original italian job one of the most overrated films ever.

the omen was utterly pointless.

the wicker man was disgraceful, diabolic, goes past comedy and back into plain awful.

there is an amusing "highlights" vid on youtube somewhere.

original italian job one of the most overrated films ever.

the omen was utterly pointless.

the wicker man was disgraceful, diabolic, goes past comedy and back into plain awful.

there is an amusing "highlights" vid on youtube somewhere.

I've just wet myself...

• 2 months later...

The Day the Earth Stood Still - just saw the remake on dvd: Club Keno is probably about the best thing going for it - I kid you not! Jennifer Connolly just comes across as pissed off all film (probably realized too late what a woeful script/direction/other casting etc). Kathy Bates is hilarious without meaning to be. Whole film had us in stitches. Original, of course, a classic.

The Day the Earth Stood Still - just saw the remake on dvd: Club Keno is probably about the best thing going for it - I kid you not! Jennifer Connolly just comes across as pissed off all film (probably realized too late what a woeful script/direction/other casting etc). Kathy Bates is hilarious without meaning to be. Whole film had us in stitches. Original, of course, a classic.

is that the keanu reeves one? ive saw adverts for it and it looks utter garbage, unsurprisingly. i also watched the new time machine film last week, the one with guy pearce and samantha mumba. good god, it was horrendous. it had almost nothing to connect it to the original.

The Omen (2006)

The Omen was released on June 6, 2006 (6/6/06), at 06:06:06 in the morning. This symbolically represents the number 666, how original...

This film is for people who've never seen the original, and who are easily scared by mediocre films.

Archived