First decade almost over

bluegraham

Well the first decade of the millenium is almost over. Where does the time go? Anyway as a club we had ups and downs over the last decade. Thankfully theres been more ups. Im just wondering whats your best moment and worst since the start of the new century.

Its hard to pick just one but here it goes. My favourite moment was being at old trafford in 2005 when we knocked Man Utd them out of the leauge cup semi final Duff scored the winner the reason why its my favourite is the atmosphere us chelsea fans created all game was electric.

Its even harder to pick a worst moment but im goin to go for getting knocked out of the semi final of the champions league againts the dippers at anfield on penos took me a long time to shake that defeat off.

Well i hope it s another decade of mainly ups but you need the downs to make the ups that bit sweeter.

Alright thanks for viewing. Over to you.

The best for me, I reckon is Wayne Bridge's goal in the dying minutes against Arsenal to knock them out of the Champions League. Just something about that moment, I went completely mental, I can't remember much of it, but it's the feeling I won't forget, but it's not something I'm talented enough to describe. It even tops winning the league, because well, the league is so drawn out, there isn't a moment in particular to feel, yeah, that was the best moment... unless you were there at the actual trophy lifting, obviously.

The worst again is the Champions league, but I'd say it's Iniesta's goal last year. I know, losing to Liverpool was bad, but the injustice felt after the Barcelona game sort of makes it stand out just that bit more. It built up all game, with the penalties, the missed chances, the feeling of injustice was just getting worse, and worse through the game, even though we had a lead. We were by far the better side, in the second leg, and even when you take both legs together, we were the better side. Feeling frustrated, and then that moment, the misplaced pass by the tired Essien, then the ball hitting the net, knowing that it put us out. There was a minute or two left, but the feeling of pure dejection had already hit. It's a competition we've had our bad moments in (and from my earlier choice, one or two good ones, too), but that one moment, that feeling tops them all for me. The fact that we'd never been that f**king close before, it just hurt more than any other, probably more so because of the moments previous to it.

Although if we beat Man Utd by double figures next week, that might just beat Bridge's last gasp winner. Let's hope that in the next decade we get even more great moments, and hopefully a few less god-awful ones... although saying that, the bad ones, just make the good ones, feel just that little bit better.

I agree with Bridgey's goal, it was so significant for many reasons not least we had finally turned the corner.

Also I would say the partnership between Duff and Robben was the best things I have ever seen on a football pitch, just a shame it was so short lived.

Well the first decade of the millenium is almost over. Where does the time go? Anyway as a club we had ups and downs over the last decade. Thankfully theres been more ups. Im just wondering whats your best moment and worst since the start of the new century.

Its hard to pick just one but here it goes. My favourite moment was being at old trafford in 2005 when we knocked Man Utd them out of the leauge cup semi final Duff scored the winner the reason why its my favourite is the atmosphere us chelsea fans created all game was electric.

Its even harder to pick a worst moment but im goin to go for getting knocked out of the semi final of the champions league againts the dippers at anfield on penos took me a long time to shake that defeat off.

Well i hope it s another decade of mainly ups but you need the downs to make the ups that bit sweeter.

Alright thanks for viewing. Over to you.

Wow, and you thought dkw doesn't use punctuation. :P

My best moment supporting Chelsea was Bridge's goal. To me, this was the goal that signalled our arrival as a big club to the world. In previous games, no matter in the cups or in the Prem, Arsenal would inevitably beat us, often 2-1, more often than not with high drama, and, at least as a fan, this felt like an impenetrable barrier that we couldn't get over. That night all of that changed.

MY worst was getting knocked out by the Scum in 2005 with the goal that never was. Just something about those two games, all the poison, anger and bile that surrounded the fixtures and that has since accumulated. I've never been so depressed, so blank, so disappointed by a football result, especially after the heroics that we went through to get there.

Wow, I hate to be unoriginal, but I am going to. Bridgey's goal, as andy put it, felt like a corner had been turned. Big bad Arsenal were unstoppable that season, and had the hoodoo over us. They had all the press that season over no losses in the league. In short, not many people gave Chelsea a chance. And yet 180 there was that wonderful buildup play, and Bridgey's goal ripped their hearts out.

There was something telling about that moment. For all the post Roman flack, it was when all the sudden changes at the club meant something tangible on the field. It was a sign we could mix it up with the best of them, and that there was only more to come. Of course, that game at Bolton in 2005 was when it was confirmed, and that was special, but the Arsenal game was a different kind of happiness.

Honorable mentions to the home leg against Barca in 2005, and the game against the dippers in 2003 to secure fourth place. Of course, nobody knew at the time the kind of rammifications that would have, but just getting into the CL, and doing it at their expense was a sweet feeling

As far as a worst moment, the loss in 2005 to the dippers hurt, 2007 was far worse, but losing in Moscow takes the cake for me. Especially losing like that. When I was sure we had it won, right up until the millisecond the ball flashed wide.

Worst moment is a combination of the games presided over by Ovrebo and Frisk: let's call it 'Friskbo'.

Best moment: to mix it up I'm going with the 1-0 against Blackburn

http://www.chelseafc.com/matchreport/black...2_2249014_27655

That was the moment I thought , 'these players are as motivated as it's possible to get,we're going to do this'

I'm with Rahul, though. The best moment of the decade could well come at its end :o

I'm so glad to have actually seen every single one of the moments that have been mentioned, and being one of the youngest, that's quite a feat :o

My favourite moment was an even more recent one, the 4-4 vs. the Dippers. The best 90 minutes I've ever seen, so much riding on that game, at the Bridge, 2-0 down at half time, and the best 45 minutes from Chelsea I've ever seen. Just wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.

Worst moment? Moscow. I just hate how we completely outplayed them for most of the match and the whole of Extra Time. We hit the bar and the post. I was absolutely gutted.

Anyone noticed that every single worst moment so far is one from the Champions League? Coincidence? I think not.

worst moment: cl semi final vs barcenlona last season. and it still hurts ... this game beats the other cl nightmares easily, the lost final against manu and also the match against liverpool with a goal that hasnt been one. the feeling i had after this barcelona match was just soo bad, before this i really didnt know that you can feel that bad just because of football. i hope we can play them again this year ... anyways i think we just have the worst of luck in the CL ... every year we get really far but then we dont win it because of bad referee decisions. I really cant believe that this is a coincidence, every year the same bullsh*t.

best moment winning the league against bolton.

Worst moment is easy - Moscow. CL semi last year was bad but it didnt surprise me so i wasnt as upset as some Chelsea fans were (and still us) Moscow was awful, it still hurts just to think about it.

Best moment i can narrow down to three -

3-Going three up against Barca in 2000. I remember the bewilderment around Stamford Bridge at half time. We were new to this sort of thing, it weas only 4 years previously we had Gareth Hall playing for us. Despite what evenutally happened i will never forgt that warm, strange feeling that night. We expect this sort of thing now, but it was new back then - we will never experience it again I also maintain we shouldve had a pen second half that would sent us over to Barca 4-1 up and that wouldve been so different.

2-Franks second goal at Bolton. A magic moment. I can watch it over and over again. This was the day we had all been waiting for.

1-Like most other people it has to be Bridge at Highbury. That was the moment we arrived i thought. The scences were magnificent. I got so hammered that night, i recall waking up the next morning right as rain and feeling a million dollars, i literally walked on a cloud all day long an i remember other football fans shaking my hand (Chelsea werent hated as much back then!) The footbage of Raneri is magnificent (though it makes me mad when i think about the semi final!)

Other bad moments would have to be waking up to find out Jose had gone, the CL semi at Anfield (ghost goal), when we lost 2-0 at home to Leicester with no manager and it seem we were falling apart (in 2000). Let us not forget losing to Spuds at Webmley last year too.

Other great moments worthy of a mention have to beating Liverpool (finally) in the CL semi), beating Liverpool 4-1 at Anfield and the players going into a victory huddle in the centre circle and finally beating Utd 3-0 to win the second title (which turned out to be a pivotal game for us AND for them)

Anyway, great thread and let us never forget just how lucky we are.

a highlight for me (apart from winning trophies) was the season when jimmy and eidur had a kind of telepathic feeling together...2001-2002 when we reached the fa cup final i think it was....beating spurs 4-0 twice in the space of 4 days after they thought they turned the corner against us when we got thumped in the league cup by them( a real low!!!!) was terrific

every trophy we win must still be seen as a high. and this decade we won a lot( could have been even more)...

just thinking back from 1-1-2000 onwards a hell of a lot has happened at our little chelsea!!!!!

The best for me, I reckon is Wayne Bridge's goal in the dying minutes against Arsenal to knock them out of the Champions League. Just something about that moment, I went completely mental, I can't remember much of it, but it's the feeling I won't forget, but it's not something I'm talented enough to describe. It even tops winning the league, because well, the league is so drawn out, there isn't a moment in particular to feel, yeah, that was the best moment... unless you were there at the actual trophy lifting, obviously.

The worst again is the Champions league, but I'd say it's Iniesta's goal last year. I know, losing to Liverpool was bad, but the injustice felt after the Barcelona game sort of makes it stand out just that bit more. It built up all game, with the penalties, the missed chances, the feeling of injustice was just getting worse, and worse through the game, even though we had a lead. We were by far the better side, in the second leg, and even when you take both legs together, we were the better side. Feeling frustrated, and then that moment, the misplaced pass by the tired Essien, then the ball hitting the net, knowing that it put us out. There was a minute or two left, but the feeling of pure dejection had already hit. It's a competition we've had our bad moments in (and from my earlier choice, one or two good ones, too), but that one moment, that feeling tops them all for me. The fact that we'd never been that f**king close before, it just hurt more than any other, probably more so because of the moments previous to it.

Although if we beat Man Utd by double figures next week, that might just beat Bridge's last gasp winner. Let's hope that in the next decade we get even more great moments, and hopefully a few less god-awful ones... although saying that, the bad ones, just make the good ones, feel just that little bit better.

that win at highbury was unreal great night except my window got broke by sum arsenal fan least i think it was dirty arsenal :) :rolleyes:

a highlight for me (apart from winning trophies) was the season when jimmy and eidur had a kind of telepathic feeling together...2001-2002 when we reached the fa cup final i think it was....beating spurs 4-0 twice in the space of 4 days after they thought they turned the corner against us when we got thumped in the league cup by them( a real low!!!!) was terrific

That was a brilliant partnership, and I remember quite distinctly how happy I was when we won 4-0 twice in a month. This Spuds fan at school was giving me grief about it, and just to spank them twice so easily was the perfect rebuttal we needed.

I really wanted to mention the 5-0 destruction of Man Utd (even Chris Sutton scored!), but it turns out that was in October 1999.

Best is the Bridgey goal, no doubt at all, although winning the League in our Centenary would be extremely close.

I'm going to be a bit different and rank losing to Spuds the worst, although we did spank them later!

Apart from that....the JT slip at Moscow would be the worst.

Archived