Essien to Madrid?

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

For me the word Legend is used a bit to frequently.

However, we all have our favourites, and I have no doubt that "the Bison" features in the legend list, already for many.

Keep your mitts of !!

Although unthinkable, I could bear the departure of A.Cole (Zhirkov is improving) but Nooooooooooooo Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy for Essien :D

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti rates Essien highly but coped well enough without him last season.

Says who !!

I'm prett sure there will be many of our players linked with Jose's new club, just like there was when he joined Inter and was meant to be taking Drogba, Lampard, and Percy.

If he were to take any of our players, I could potentially see him take Carvalho

Who wouldn't want Essien? I'm sure this rumour will go on for a while, Jose may even put a bid in. However , we aren't a selling club, and Essien is happy ( prove me wrong otherwise) at the club, end of the story. I love to see Carvalho going to Real, wouldn't be shocked if Cole is tempted.

If Jose really wants to buy out Bison he would try to make a best offer to us .

But in the end it is in our hands whether to sell him or not.....Essien is just like Lampard a backbone of our team, driving engine.

Irony is till yesterday we all were discussing some DM to ease the pressure on Essien and give him liberty moving ahead.

I would hate to discuss here now about who should replace Esssien :D.

They're selling Raul-their legend, so their want to buy another legend-Lampard.

Lamps is legend at Bridge....and he is already 32 years old....I think rather than going to totally new unknown arena he would prefer to stay with us and end his career with great respect at bridge itself....

I remember this quote by Franko

"I nearly joined Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan, but mum always told me not to forget my debt to Chelsea., my mum and dad used to tell me

"don't forget when you walk away from the ground everyone is singing your name, don't forget what these people have given to a West Ham boy moving across London".

I see him staying here .

Lamps is legend at Bridge....and he is already 32 years old....I think rather than going to totally new unknown arena he would prefer to stay with us and end his career with great respect at bridge itself....

I remember this quote by Franko

"I nearly joined Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan, but mum always told me not to forget my debt to Chelsea., my mum and dad used to tell me

"don't forget when you walk away from the ground everyone is singing your name, don't forget what these people have given to a West Ham boy moving across London".

I see him staying here .

Lampard is staying! I'm sure!

I don't think Jose would even think about taking players from us, he didn't really do it at Inter but he only was interested if the player was unhappy. I've heared he's after Danielle De Rossi or Steven Gerrard according to that sky sports reporter Balague and he brown noses madrid.

I don't think Jose would even think about taking players from us, he didn't really do it at Inter but he only was interested if the player was unhappy. I've heared he's after Danielle De Rossi or Steven Gerrard according to that sky sports reporter Balague and he brown noses madrid.

I dont buy that at all im afraid. He's a winner and he wants winners in his team, particularly ones he knows he can trust. I doubt he'd think twice about any emotional connection to Chelsea but just of himself and his new teams chances of success.

He was hardly shy in trying to get Lampard 2 years ago was he ?

I also really wouldn't listen to anything Balgue says, he often says what he hopes is true.

Edited by bjd

However Lamps was in a difficult situation personally and he offered him a way out, Carvalho and Deco both had poor seasons and Jose offered them a way out.

But thats my whole point, he knew Lampard was in a difficult place and offered him an escape as you say.

Somewhat goes against the theory of 'he has too much respect to touch our players'

I think he would've gone for Lampard anyway, but thats another point!

Essien and Ashley are the only two I could really see Madrid being in for. I'm surprised Ess's name hasnt come up before now with all the Jose rumors.

Essien is diciplined enough, talented enough, and repsonsible enough to play anywhere. If they got him and made him their go-to DM (a waste of his talents, imo) and paired him with Alonso in the middle, he would allow all of their glamour signings to do their thing in the offensive end, win the ball when they didnt have it, and join the attack when they did.

If Essien or Ashley go to Madrid, Chelsea will be a looked upon as a second tier club, as far as the top players go.

Or we would turn into the same thing Man Utd have become: not getting the top, expensive players, but the ones on the cusp of stardom, getting their best early years, and then selling them on to Spain

But thats my whole point, he knew Lampard was in a difficult place and offered him an escape as you say.

Somewhat goes against the theory of 'he has too much respect to touch our players'

I think he would've gone for Lampard anyway, but thats another point!

Totally agree, Jose may show a great love for chelsea and its fans, but if he thinks any of our players are the ones he wants he wont hesitate in putting in a bid, and also wouldnt think twice of trying to use the media to influence them.

Has he really done that in the past with Inter though? Lampard was rumoured too wanting a fresh start because of the loss of his Mother and Jose offered him that. Carvalho and Deco had difficult seasons and injuries at the time when Inter were in for them.

I can't think of a player that he's actually gone for who is happy too play for Chelsea and doesn't want out, but i'd be happy if anyone can suggest someone.

Jose joins Madrid, media think ok. He needs a centre mid and a left back, he used too manage Chelsea. So Essien/Cole it is, i bet it's the same in Italy. He's going too get linked with all his Inter players just the same way he's going to get linked with Chelsea.

If Cole wants out, i have no doubt Jose will bid for him but if Cole wants too stay i have no doubt Jose will respect the club and not force the issue.

The only case that you could even think about arguing for in favour of Essien going would be his niggling Injurires which seem to put him out for a long time.

However i don't care how much money they offered us, i think Essien is one of the best energetic midfielders in the world and he has no peers in what he does on the pitch and there is nobody else like him. We would be absolutley foolish to sell him, Ron Gourlay got interviewed on the victory parade bus saying Michael Essien will be like a "marquee" signing when he plays again and i hope he has a brilliant world cup which will do wonders for his fitness.

Edited by Sheva

The best left back in the world, and the second best box to box central midfielder in the world, for £50m. F**k off Jose!

If we sell either (for anything less than an absolutely crazy price) we'd mad.

Fixed it for you ::ChELSeAFaN::

I'd be gutted if we lose either of them, they're fabulous players, 2 of the best in the world.