Terrible atmosphere

Where were our vocal fans today? I watched on the TV and have to say you hardly heard chelsea all game. Where is the passion in our crowd. I know its a malaise that affects alot of clubs, but today the support had as big a "shocker" as the bloody team. Got to say it really pains me.

what can i say us scousers are a singing breed - we sure love belting out those gay old gilbert and hammstein songs :D

you can tell were a big club in the way that this was our cup final

I wonder if scousers realise they having to make up a cup final games when they play the big teams in the premiership because they are out of every competition, yet they're still a big club.

Also you know what a big clubs fans sound like in the premiership?

All I heard was the scousers for the whole game. Of course that will play into the whole "best supporters in the world" crap once again. Even though they and the media fail to realise that simply being loud doesn't make you a good supporter.

Where were our vocal fans today? I watched on the TV and have to say you hardly heard chelsea all game. Where is the passion in our crowd. I know its a malaise that affects alot of clubs, but today the support had as big a "shocker" as the bloody team. Got to say it really pains me.

I dont think you can tell anything from the TV coverage.

Pre match the atmosphere was pretty good. More akin to a CL semi than a PL match. I agree that it got quieter as the game went on, but that was down to the seeming inevitability that we weren't going to score in a month of sundays.

The Liverpool fans were pretty much quiet as mice up until we gifted them the goal.

I was stuck up in the west upper and there was plenty of noise coming from the Harding, particlularly early on. A fair bit being exchanged between both sets of fans in the Shed as well. It did go quiet from our point of view once they scored and then all you could hear was them.

Also to be fair, I don't think any of us who don't regularly attend should be making too much noise about the amount of noise from those who do. And that's speaking as someone who is not a regular attender.

And what about those that can SING LOUD but are priced out from attending home games by 'well to do' middleclass glory hunting JCL Clarksons, and so end up going to away matches where a good day out for a fairish price can be had by all. :JC_doubleup:

And what about those that can SING LOUD but are priced out from attending home games by 'well to do' middleclass glory hunting JCL Clarksons, and so end up going to away matches where a good day out for a fairish price can be had by all. :JC_doubleup:

Spot on mate. Those tickets I won for the game yesterday were priced at £68 a piece. I could never have afforded to pay that.

Due to the amount of JCL's, I'm pretty sure Ad and I were the only ones singing up there :D

Spot on mate. Those tickets I won for the game yesterday were priced at £68 a piece. I could never have afforded to pay that.

Due to the amount of JCL's, I'm pretty sure Ad and I were the only ones singing up there :D

And it's been like it for over 5 years now, you cant beat a good away day, now or even 25 years ago, it's the boys on tour, outnumbered but NEVER outsung.

And it's been like it for over 5 years now, you cant beat a good away day, now or even 25 years ago, it's the boys on tour, outnumbered but NEVER outsung.

spot on mate love a good away day always singing out load!! in the west upper the atmosphere was awful me and scoob were the only f**kers singing oh apart from the occasional shout from a pissed up scotttish lad "YA THEIVING BASTARRRRRDS" lol

i was in the west lower at the matthew harding end and it was loud in the beginning but i reckon after about 15-20 mins, it was pretty quiet. I think most of us were trying to work out when chelsea were really going to get ahead of the ball and get into the game.

I need to do an away game and get together with the singing lads :JC_doubleup:

I was there on Sunday, and before the match it was a great atmosphere, probably one of the best crowds so far this season at least. Just when the match started to turn and the moans and groans started creeping in it all went quiet.

Props to Liverpool fans for signing one song.... over and over again..... consisting of one word. Not very original are they.

Exactly their repertoire of songs wasn’t that good.

I go every other week and we DO need to step up an atmosphere gear.

They had the same prawn sandwich atmosphere problem at Old Trafford and library Highbury but turned it around… It’s a job for all of us to do, those on here, officials at the club, etc, etc need to emphasise because it DOES make a difference to the players...

I dont think you can tell anything from the TV coverage.

I think this is the crux of it. It's very easy to think that the atmosphere has changed, especially when using different streams or TV channels, simply because they use different levels in terms of the volume balance between commentators and match. You really have to be at the game to judge.

Speaking to a Spurs fan and apparently it was the Arsenal game that won them the match of their own.

Everything was completely flat, Spurs were doing nothing, then the Arsenal 4-4 score came up on the board, the entire stadium went mad cheering them on and the game completely turned, and Spurs promptly scored a winner... shows how it can make a huge difference!

I think this is the crux of it. It's very easy to think that the atmosphere has changed, especially when using different streams or TV channels, simply because they use different levels in terms of the volume balance between commentators and match. You really have to be at the game to judge.

Unfortunately the atmosphere has changed and it was poor Sunday tho...

However, the Anfield video cheered me up and people need to stop being so meek and mild or perhaps I need to get to some away games instead...