Salomon Kalou eyed by Galatasaray

amART

Salomon Kalou eyed by Galatasaray as Chelsea plan summer clear-out

Galatasaray are believed to be lining up a £9million bid for Chelsea forward Salomon Kalou following reports the Premier League champions are planning on off-loading a number of players in the summer.

article-1297243913083-0D1116F3000005DC-860069_466x310.jpg

Turkish sources claim Galatasaray are considering offering Chelsea €11million for the 25-year-old at the end of the season.

The arrival of Fernando Torres for £50million from Liverpool has led to speculation Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is planning on re-building his strike-force around the Spaniard and is set to spend big once again in the summer.

At least five players, including Kalou, Didier Drogba and John Obi Mikel, have been linked with moves away from Stamford Bridge as Chelsea attempt to fund further spending in the summer transfer window having spent over £70million in January.

Kalou’s Chelsea contract is set to expire next year and the Ivory Coast international could be tempted to leave, especially if Abramovich brings in yet more strikers later in the year.

LINK

It's obvious Carlo sees something in Kalou that the average fan misses.

The grossly underrated Kalou is seldom given the credit he deserves. But he consistently comes up with the goals and assists to justify Carlo's faith in him.

I can't see Carlo parting with him!

All pure speculation, that Roman is planning a clear out, that we will be getting more strikers, that Kalou is one of the players we are planning on clearing out!

Anyway, I belive Galatasaray have stated an interest in Kalou before, so I think this is speculation + old rumour = Breaking news

Bale is a winger.

so is kalou, and doesn't start games in row to bild up momentum. Kalou comes in for a lot stick because he does miss chances and can play with head down, but his contribution to the team from the bench has been good. Not saying he's better than bale but I like having him in the squad.

Only because he's been forced to play there most of his Chelsea career. He was a striker before he came here.

but the stats that were compared with bales , he's been playing out wide all season except the Sunderland game. At feyenoord he played wide and through the centre.

The point is that that particular statistic is misleading.

Bale plays wide position in a 4-4-2 formation. Hence he gets a lot of crosses from wide but not too much action in front of the goal. Kalou plays one of the forwards in 4-3-3. He gets lots of opportunities at goal which he duly converts. Oh wait....

Yes I know he is a half decent impact sub and yes I know he is a handy squad player to have but at that price and if the money is going to be invested in someone better , well you've simply got to sell in my opinion.

Yes I know he is a half decent impact sub and yes I know he is a handy squad player to have but at that price and if the money is going to be invested in someone better , well you've simply got to sell in my opinion.

I suppose it would depend on who the club think can take his place, or whether the £10mill could be spent on a replacement who is better than him. Though if we could get £10mill for him I would expect us to take it.

I suppose it would depend on who the club think can take his place, or whether the £10mill could be spent on a replacement who is better than him. Though if we could get £10mill for him I would expect us to take it.

This would make even more sense if Danny Sturridge continues to make progress to the extent that he gets a LOT more playing time when he comes back to the Bridge next season.

This would make even more sense if Danny Sturridge continues to make progress to the extent that he gets a LOT more playing time when he comes back to the Bridge next season.

Good point, bring in £10mill and allow Studge to move up the first team ladder. I would be happy with that, though I would be sorry to see Kalou go as he really has been a great professional since arriving at the club and has never done anything other than gives his all. Whether that was good enough at times is open to debate, but I cant think of many players who have accepted their place in a squad so well and yet always done his best when called upon.

Good point, bring in £10mill and allow Studge to move up the first team ladder. I would be happy with that, though I would be sorry to see Kalou go as he really has been a great professional since arriving at the club and has never done anything other than gives his all. Whether that was good enough at times is open to debate, but I cant think of many players who have accepted their place in a squad so well and yet always done his best when called upon.

Not forgetting the home grown rule of course. This is not to say that there won't be room for Danny and Kalou. This will, I think depend on any other departures and arrivals.