FC Copenhagen v Chelsea (CL) 22/2/11 KO 19:45 GMT

lampsgod89

Hey guys...

Needs your opinion on this.

I must say, that i am pretty nervous ahead of our next champions league game in Copenhagen. They played Rosenborg (Norway) tonight at beat them 5-0... Playing extremely well... They are 99 % sure on winning the danish league (know it's non comparable to the premiership) though I find it very disturbing that our recent form has been terrible. Copenhagen has a very well playing defense, and if manager of Copenhagen Ståle Solbakken has just payed a little attention to how liverpool and Fulham played us, I think we could well be up for a very difficult game next week in Copenhagen.

Especially with our lack of creativity in the offense, we will be shut down just like we've been in the last few games...

What do you think?

Hopefully i'm wrong... :(

Hey guys...

Needs your opinion on this.

I must say, that i am pretty nervous ahead of our next champions league game in Copenhagen. They played Rosenborg (Norway) tonight at beat them 5-0... Playing extremely well... They are 99 % sure on winning the danish league (know it's non comparable to the premiership) though I find it very disturbing that our recent form has been terrible. Copenhagen has a very well playing defense, and if manager of Copenhagen Ståle Solbakken has just payed a little attention to how liverpool and Fulham played us, I think we could well be up for a very difficult game next week in Copenhagen.

Especially with our lack of creativity in the offense, we will be shut down just like we've been in the last few games...

What do you think?

Hopefully i'm wrong... :(

I certainly agree with the last part :lol:

The only positive I can take from the way they are playing is they might actually want to play us...if they are free scoring they will have the belief they can outscore us and thats when I feel we are at our best, I think we will have a lot more chance of opening teams up that are relying on outscoring their opposition.

When you look at the way Liverpool and Man City played against us it was although it worked for them thanks to a couple of mistakes a pretty unambitious gameplan and one that you might expect from teams trying to stay safe in the table rather than trying to qualify for the Champions League.

As they are running away with their League its possible most of the time they are attacking and possible if they decide to set up to contain us they won't be as well prepared for that style as the teams in the Premiership.

Thats my hope anyway.

These two games wont just be important to Chelsea, but Carlo will feel some pressure. If we fail to beat Copenhagen I doubt he'll be at Chelsea for much longer.

Mourinho left after the bad result against Rosenborg. Perhaps norwegians will prove Carlos downfall as well.

But hopefully that wont be the case. Perhaps it'll be the other way round - we beat Copenhagen easily and get back on track.

I certainly agree with the last part :lol:

The only positive I can take from the way they are playing is they might actually want to play us...if they are free scoring they will have the belief they can outscore us and thats when I feel we are at our best, I think we will have a lot more chance of opening teams up that are relying on outscoring their opposition.

I think you're very right in this opinion. My worry is though that if Copenhagen play us like liverpool and fulham, they might get away with a lucky goal at the end of the games, when our guys is tired and frustrated by the destructive football that I might see them play.

Hopefully they'll try to play us and that's when we're strong like you say... :)

I'm glad CL is totally different from Prem and our players have different mindset on it as we actually have a change of winning the trophy. PL is conceded and it shows on the pitch. It shouldn't but it does.

I'm not saying Copenhagen is easy, far from it but I'm not that nerous tbh. We were luckiest in the draw no doubt about it. Two legs and not a lot of goals is my expection from this. 3-1 on aggregate I say.

I am quietly confident we'll get past Copenhagen over the two legs. I expect players to be charged up seeing as this could be the year they get the hands on the prized trophy with no distractions of the league title race.

Heres a question, if you had to choose between the two what would you pick?

Top 2 finish this season in the BPL

OR

a CL trophy and a finish outside top 4

Maybe you thought the second option won't give CL football next season?

I'd take outside top ten finish if we get CL trophy.

Edited by rahul

hi. we are 4 chelseafans travelling from stockholm/sweden to denmark next week. How many fans are joining from england? is there any "chelsea bar" before the game, and during the game. i didn´t got any tickets. and where is everyone goning to live i copenhagen?

Nervous before the game, it won´t be a travel in the park that´s for sure

Hey Everybody

I hope you don't mind me joining the discussion, even though I am a Copenhagen-fan, but I thought you might appreciate a few insights on Copenhagen's team and current form.

First off, the fact that we won 5-0 against Rosenborg isn't much of an accomplishment. Rosenborg used to be strong team, but they have lost a lot of their best players, and yesterday they were very far from their best. Also they have more than a month until their season starts, so Copenhagen is much further in the pre-season training than they are. Copenhagen's attack was strong yesterday, but defense-wise Copenhagen had very little to do.

Looking at how Copenhagen will play against Chelsea, there are really only two options. It will either be:

Wiland

Pospech - Antonson - Zanka - Wendt

Bolanos - Kvist - Claudemir - Grønkjær

N'doye - Santin

or

Wiland

Pospech - Antonson - Zanka - Wendt

Bolanos - Kvist - Claudemir - Vingaard

N'doye - Grønkjær

Against Rosenborg Copenhagen played in the prior formation, which is also most likely to be the one they will use against Chelsea.

In either case, you can expect to see an attacking team.

Also, how many Chelsea fans will be going to Copenhagen? I know that we will be bringing 3000 spectators to Stamford Bridge in March.