Random Rumours

Money
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Why is our deal so much less than Utd's? 18 Mil a year compared to 50?

Something is not quite right, below is the list of the top deals at July 2012 and it's not the first time I have seen this sort of list. Why the new sponsor would more than double the money:

Top Ten: Shirt Sponsorship Deals:

1. Barcelona - £25m-a-year (Qatar Foundation)

2. Bayern Munich - £23.6m-a-year (Deutche Telekom)

3. Manchester United - £20m-a-year (Aon)

3. Liverpool - £20m-a-year (Standard Chartered)

3. Manchester City - £20m-a-year (Etihad Airways)

3. Sunderland - £20m-a-year (Invest in Africa)

7. Real Madrid - £16.8m-a-year (Bwin)

8. Chelsea - £13.8m-a-year (Samsung)

9. Tottenham Hotspur - £10m-a-year (Autonomy & Investec)

9. AC Milan - £10m-a-year (Emirates)

9. Newcastle United - £10m-a-year (Virgin Money)

http://www.givemefoo...onsorship-deals

Edited by Killbill

Something is not quite right, below is the list of the top deals at July 2012 and it's not the first time I have seen this sort of list. Why the new sponsor would more than double the money:

Top Ten: Shirt Sponsorship Deals:

1. Barcelona - £25m-a-year (Qatar Foundation)

2. Bayern Munich - £23.6m-a-year (Deutche Telekom)

3. Manchester United - £20m-a-year (Aon)

3. Liverpool - £20m-a-year (Standard Chartered)

3. Manchester City - £20m-a-year (Etihad Airways)

3. Sunderland - £20m-a-year (Invest in Africa)

7. Real Madrid - £16.8m-a-year (Bwin)

8. Chelsea - £13.8m-a-year (Samsung)

9. Tottenham Hotspur - £10m-a-year (Autonomy & Investec)

9. AC Milan - £10m-a-year (Emirates)

9. Newcastle United - £10m-a-year (Virgin Money)

http://www.givemefoo...onsorship-deals

It will be interesting to see a.) if that reported fee is even close to true and b.) if UEFA does anything about it. Chevy has bailed out by the US government very recently so I am not seeing how they would have the resources to sponsor Man Utd for 30m than their previous sponsor. Also, UEFA has basically said that if Etihad were to pay City 50m a year or Gazprom sponsored us for the same amount while every other major club was only getting 20 that they wouldn't count the extra 30m for FFP purposes. Obviously United aren't owned by General Motors so it's a different situation, but at the very least it could give rise to teams like City, PSG, and us finding more ways around FFP.

If sunderland are getting more money in sponsership than us then who ever is in charge of that at Chelsea needs to be sacked. I understand that the original deal was signed some time ago but we just signed with them again. WTF!

Anyone think Llorente would be worth a shout in January if Torres hasn't come good and/or Sturridge is on the outer? He's in his final year, he is not going to sign a new contract. We could approach him in January and get him on a free next summer, or sign him on the cheap in January.

Not saying he'd be the perfect solution, but if we can't afford to spend a big sum on someone like Falcao and we're still struggling for firepower, we could do a lot worse. Offers something different.

Depends on the prices really, January usualy is crazy for overflated prices eg Torres 50 million.

If we are struggling teams will know and hold us to ransom like Porto tried with Hulk.

Hard to hold a club to ransom when they could be losing him on a free in a few months (and he could be approached for free to be received at the end of the season). They will be under enormous pressure to sell in January unless he signs a new contract. Maybe 10 million or so? Or as I said, get him on a pre-contract to get him for zero next summer.

Hard to hold a club to ransom when they could be losing him on a free in a few months (and he could be approached for free to be received at the end of the season). They will be under enormous pressure to sell in January unless he signs a new contract. Maybe 10 million or so? Or as I said, get him on a pre-contract to get him for zero next summer.

Could do but the guy is said to be incredibly loyal to that club as most Basque players are who play for them. I doubt he would see them lose out on money if he had to go, I can see him signing a new contract with an agreement he can go for a set fee.

You could well be right...most of what I've read linking him with moves away indicates he's unlikely to sign a new contract. If he does, obviously the situation changes.

Let's hope I am wrong, though it would become a tug of war between many teams as he is a quality forward.

Maybe having Mata, Torres and Cesar could persuade him though? Have a feeling Arsenal would be interested too.

I would be very happy if Lukaku was given a chance...he's very exciting. Great pace and strength, still needs the technical ability.

But IF the club chooses to buy someone...I would be happy with Llorente.

Lukaku just needed games, hopefully he starts more than he sits out.

He was a great talent at Anderlecht but he was playing every week and that is what he needs at his age.

I'm not sure we will wait till the summer without bringing in another forward if Torres is not doing the job.