Vintage Blues pictures and film

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

He bought me a pint on Monday!

And me and at the end of the night a large scotch. Definitely will be money left over in my local no way a grand was spent the governor was a bit vague on what he was going to do with what was left. Fair play to him was a really good gesture especially in these times. For anyone who didn't hear about it.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/may/09/grand-gesture-musician-paul-heaton-puts-1000-behind-bar-at-60-pubs

Edited by bluehaze

bluehaze: The person on the far right of the bottom row might be Bill McMurdo. He was Maurice Johnson’s agent when he moved from Nantes to Rangers in the summer of 1989. I might, of course, be totally wrong

Posted (edited)

Boyne: Same result as we had in the 1970 replay would be brilliant.

Stating the obvious ! I know…😀

Cant imagine any challenges or tackles, that were allowed in the 1970 Final and replay being allowed today !😀

Edited by erskblue

On 14/05/2022 at 10:19, erskblue said:

Boyne: Same result as we had in the 1970 replay would be brilliant.

Stating the obvious ! I know…😀

Cant imagine any challenges or tackles, that were allowed in the 1970 Final and replay being allowed today !😀

I doubt we shall see the likes of Ronnie’s chop on Eddie Gray ever again; a pity as I can think of a few deserving cases, some of who were wearing red yesterday.

This picture has been posted before. On this date in 1985 we played Rangers in a match to raise money for victims of the Bradford City fire. Crowd was only 7,239. I went along and as you can imagine it was great to see my two favourite teams play each other. Later that year we played Liverpool at Anfield - it was a 1-1 draw - and I remember walking into the ground and seeing about a thousand Rangers fans. 

May be an image of 9 people, people standing, outdoors and text that says "TRAFALGAR TOURS TOURSTIT ገፒ"

On 12/05/2022 at 16:30, bluehaze said:

And me and at the end of the night a large scotch. Definitely will be money left over in my local no way a grand was spent the governor was a bit vague on what he was going to do with what was left. Fair play to him was a really good gesture especially in these times. For anyone who didn't hear about it.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/may/09/grand-gesture-musician-paul-heaton-puts-1000-behind-bar-at-60-pubs

I went to Palace v Sheff Utd midweek 78. PH moved down south for a few years, and through friends of friends we stood together; he's four years older than me. SUFC didn't bring many down and took a bit of a slap in The Whitehorse End. At the end of the game they sung some weird song along the lines of ' we'll get you at home'

I played football with his brother Mick years down the line, and also saw Paul with the Sheffield mob when we played them in the Cup early 90's. There were hundreds of them but looked a bit sheepish, probably because they took a mauling earlier in Camden.

Richard. Good point re above post. ‘Leisure time and leisure clothing took its time to arrive.’

Replica football strips I think were really marketed and available from about 1973 or 1974.

On 18/05/2022 at 22:01, Boyne said:

FB_IMG_1652905678428.jpg

Was gonna wear my Fred Perry polo and chino shorts Sunday, but as last game of season, might go retro with a bowler hat etc, my mates faces sunday down at the station as I appear in the distance in full 1930’s old skool look