PS4 launch titles were poor and the games were slow to come out. I think I’m going to wait and get it at some point in 2021. Let the games build up. 

What’s the deal with backward compatibility then? I thought you could play PS4 games on PS5? Or is it digital only?

I forgot I had registered interest in pre-order at an online store. Got an email today to go and confirm pre-order, so looks like I might have one.

I will guess the PS5 will be the must-have xmas thing and see them on eBay for £1000+ after release if stocks go low.

• 3 weeks later...

Man what a game, such a brilliant sense of humour in it, spitting contests etc. I remember there was an Easter egg to find where they said "insert disk 25" or something 😆

I’m ALMOST at the end of the Last of Us 2. It’s a really well made game, very playable and high quality. However, the storyline is very confusing. I’ve no idea what’s happening or why it’s happening. The storyline is definitely isn’t that clear compared to the first one and I haven’t enjoyed it as much. 

Pre-ordering games for PS5 is so much harder than it should be. 

Game have most of them listed but after I saw they were sticking a hidden delivery charge on the PS5 and it's peripherals I'm loath to order from them. 

But try searching for PS5 games on Amazon and half of them don't even show up. Cyberpunk 2077 has a set release date now but no pre-orders on PS5.

Call of Duty Cold War... No PS5 pre-order available. Looks like you have to buy it for PS4 and then "upgrade" it on your PS5 console. 

I prefer physical copies to digital but it's looking like I'll have to buy digital for the first couple of games. 

2 minutes ago, Mod Stark said:

Have you got a PS5 confirmed @ForeverCarefree

Without wanting to jinx it, I've got one on pre-order with Amazon. Fluked getting one the morning after the announcement with some furious refreshing of the website as soon as they listed them. 

Not had any emails etc. (yet) to say I might not get mine so looking good so far,,, Think I might be ill on 19th and unable to come into work.  

Finished TLOU2 yesterday. Wasn’t too impressed with the storyline, found it abit dull and confusing. But obviously it is a well made and really playable game. 

Still working my way through Ghost of Tsushima as well. Cyber punk is out on Monday. Anyone getting it? I’ve never played Cyber punk game before so I’m interested to se what it’s like. 

49 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Finished TLOU2 yesterday. Wasn’t too impressed with the storyline, found it abit dull and confusing. But obviously it is a well made and really playable game. 

Still working my way through Ghost of Tsushima as well. Cyber punk is out on Monday. Anyone getting it? I’ve never played Cyber punk game before so I’m interested to se what it’s like. 

Sorry to disappoint you but its a month away from release, unfortunately. 

Been playing Hades non-stop for the last couple of weeks. Really fun, enjoyable rogue-lite. It's weird in that it's got an insane amount of conversations in the game (I must've finished it 25+ times and It's still new dialogue for every character every time I talk to them) but that the main game only has 4 short areas and a very small selection of bosses.

Also playing Outer Wilds which is oddly one of the most inexplicably scary games I've played.