Any game recommendation?

3 minutes ago, drjonesy1994 said:

I think I'm about one level from the end, it's really good. If you have Modern Warfare 2019 I would defo recommend playing the campaign on that as well. That one is probably my favourite one. 

I deleted MW 2019, so might need to redownload. 

Having not played a campaign for so long i was confused seeing Soap, Ghost, Shepard etc. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't these all die in previous COD campaigns?

9 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I deleted MW 2019, so might need to redownload. 

Having not played a campaign for so long i was confused seeing Soap, Ghost, Shepard etc. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't these all die in previous COD campaigns?

They did, but the 2019 version was essentially a re-boot of the series. 

Been smashing the new COD all weekend. Pretty good game, glad they got rid of all the stupid movement and jumping about like on previous COD's, this one feel more like a move back towards the classic MW and MW2. 

Having said that the UI is unbelievably bad, so difficult to navigate around the menu and find what you actually need or want to do. 

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Been smashing the new COD all weekend. Pretty good game, glad they got rid of all the stupid movement and jumping about like on previous COD's, this one feel more like a move back towards the classic MW and MW2. 

Having said that the UI is unbelievably bad, so difficult to navigate around the menu and find what you actually need or want to do. 

I really like it as well. Agree with you about the menu though, it's so clunky and horrible to navigate. Also don't like the lack of stat checking like K/D and other stuff that was in previous COD's. Would assume that will all be patched in at some point though. 

4 minutes ago, drjonesy1994 said:

I really like it as well. Agree with you about the menu though, it's so clunky and horrible to navigate. Also don't like the lack of stat checking like K/D and other stuff that was in previous COD's. Would assume that will all be patched in at some point though. 

yeah getting rid of the barracks was bizarre, competing for a better KD than my mates was half the fun 

6 hours ago, Zeta said:

Been playing Deathloop. Decent. Confusing though.

Yeah I played abit of that but got confused about the whole game. Eventually I gave up. It’s a shame because it plays really well and the dialogue is so funny. 

54 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Football Manager Console delayed indefinitely - it was meant to be out next week!

Really annoying as I was looking forward to playing that 

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2022/11/02/football-manager-23-ps5-version-delayed-over-approvals-issue/

Not sure how well it would translate moving to console, feels like it is a game that should stay on PC. I know they have released it on Xbox a few times but it has been massively stripped back of all of the PC features.

Also - I tend to play FM whilst I am doing something else, watching football or netflix etc. It doesn't feel like something that should take up the main tele haha. 

1 hour ago, drjonesy1994 said:

Not sure how well it would translate moving to console, feels like it is a game that should stay on PC. I know they have released it on Xbox a few times but it has been massively stripped back of all of the PC features.

Also - I tend to play FM whilst I am doing something else, watching football or netflix etc. It doesn't feel like something that should take up the main tele haha. 

I’ve played the iPad version and it works well. I was looking forward to having a chilled game to play. 

What is with all these games being delayed?!

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, JM7 said:

What’s everyone playing at the minute? 

I’ve been doing side missions on Dying Light and finishing off the extra stuff. I tired playing Deliver us the moon but all the floating about annoyed me. 

Started Horizon Forbidden West the other day. Seems pretty much the same as the last one. 

I got the Callisto Protocol for my brother for Christmas because he lovely the dead space games. Anyone playing it can tell me if it’s any good?

7 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Started Horizon Forbidden West the other day. Seems pretty much the same as the last one. 

I got the Callisto Protocol for my brother for Christmas because he lovely the dead space games. Anyone playing it can tell me if it’s any good?

Yeah I’ve got Horizon 2 and thought it felt exactly the same. I couldn’t get into it because of that. Maybe I’ll go back to it after a while. 

Not played Callisto but it looks really good. 

Just started playing High on Life, its a fantastic game with belting humour (though I expect its very marmite for some). Amazingly it actually has 3 full movies in it you can watch ha ha...very odd.

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Blueblur said:

Got Sonic Frontiers for Christmas for my Switch. Can’t say I’m that impressed with it yet; the whole “Breath of the Wild” approach doesn’t really fit with Sonic in my eyes. 

Seen it advertised. Looks decent. My lad wants to get Goat simulator 3. Such a funny game series. 

• 2 weeks later...

Started Witcher again with the next gen update, it's a bloody brilliant game, just finished the Bloody Baron quest. Not sure the update has added much really, just looks a bit smoother, and obviously quicker load times which are a god send.

Edited by dkw