Players you forgot had ever played for us

Barn

I was watching Chelsea tv the other day and it was showing a game from the early- mid 90's, strange team; we had the likes of David Lee (Rodders to his mates). Paul Furlong and Terry Phelan lining up in the same team at Rudd and Hughes!!!

But while I was watching I was really suprised when I saw Phelan because I genuinely forgot that we'd ever signed him, now I recall that I was quite excited at the time, he really signalled our intent (to consolidate in the top-flight!). So who else has played for us but that you forgot all about, another that someone else mentioned was Paul Parker.

I remember when we signed Phelan too, but he didnt really play that much did he? As for Parker, he obviously still holds a massive grudge against us for realising how sh*t he was and not bothering to even play him more than a couple of times.

I read an article a few months ago about Christian Panucci, and only remembered about five minutes later that he actually played for us.

I would argue that point....he was on the pitch for us, thats it.

Going back a bit, Steve Livingstone, just how crap was he? Mal Donaghy. Tommy Boyd.

I often forget we had George Weah. Started in the Cup Final too!

And more recently, Quaresma.

I was watching Chelsea tv the other day and it was showing a game from the early- mid 90's, strange team; we had the likes of David Lee (Rodders to his mates). Paul Furlong and Terry Phelan lining up in the same team at Rudd and Hughes!!!

But while I was watching I was really suprised when I saw Phelan because I genuinely forgot that we'd ever signed him, now I recall that I was quite excited at the time, he really signalled our intent (to consolidate in the top-flight!). So who else has played for us but that you forgot all about, another that someone else mentioned was Paul Parker.

Always thought Phelan was alright for us. Played the wing back role under Hoddle like Super Dan.

Abiding memory of him though was at Villa Park in the semi in 96 when Hoddle kept him on too long after he clearly had pulled a hamstring and Utd took advantage and scored when he could hardly run, which cost us the game.

Slight twist on this one, Derek Richardson reserve Goalkeeper never managed a first team game appearance but used to appear regularly to support us with his group of mates in the Shed end tea bar area.

Also used to see him at away games. ::ChELSeAFaN::

Evidently he only had one eye and made first team appearances with (Qu pee Ha).

Maybe he contributes to this forum, would like to know where he is now.?

Joe Allon springs to mind. Think he arrived from Hartlepool? Looked ok early on, but soon faded and went back to the north east.

As for Phelan, I really rated him at the time. Made some great runs forward as an attacking fullback and I remember being quite sad when he left.

Yes, Phelan had a good spell with us - a really quick, attacking fullback. Not in Dorigo's class, but a decent, short-lived signing. Unlike Paul Parker.

How about Perry Digweed? Only lasted about a week, didn't he? (just checked - he had 3 games for us).

we've had a few who have come in, not done much and gone very quickly................I can offer

most recent.............

boulerooz (wrong spelling)

then................

bjornie goldbeck

lambourde (he played in CL QF in the NouCamp!)

go back a bit...........

phil driver (he was bonkers)

alan mayes

then way back

joe fascione

we've had a few who have come in, not done much and gone very quickly................I can offer

most recent.............

boulerooz (wrong spelling)

then................

bjornie goldbeck

lambourde (he played in CL QF in the NouCamp!)

go back a bit...........

phil driver (he was bonkers)

alan mayes

then way back

joe fascione

Jarosik was another who didn't last long and hardly played.

Just watched the 6-0 game v Newcastle in which Driver looked like a world-beater. What happened to him after that?

Joe Fascione was a decent player, but never really had a chance due to the strength of the first team.

Some others: -

Jim McCalliog

Barry Lloyd

Alex Stepney

Stewart Houston

Colin Waldron

Derek Smethurst

Colin Viljoen

Kevin Hales

Derek Johnstone

Gordon Davies

Roy Wegerle

Joe Allon springs to mind. Think he arrived from Hartlepool? Looked ok early on, but soon faded and went back to the north east.

As for Phelan, I really rated him at the time. Made some great runs forward as an attacking fullback and I remember being quite sad when he left.

Never forget Joe Allon scoring against Notts County and the whole shed singing " We all agree Allon is better that Durie", christ if only....

Minerio

Good call! Totally forgot about him, one Carling Cup start wasn't it?

Here's another - Pierre Issa, South African International - I'm not sure he even got on the pitch for us...

Never forget Joe Allon scoring against Notts County and the whole shed singing " We all agree Allon is better that Durie", christ if only....

Actually remember that game reasonably well now you've mentioned it. Think we were 2-0 down and a bit of a shock was on the cards. Allon popped up with a late equalizer if my memory serves me right. Think he got both come to think of it.

What was the young portugese player we signed on loan called, he never played 1st team but was one of these kids who were the next big thing.

Joe Fascione was a decent player, but never really had a chance due to the strength of the first team.

Some others: -

Jim McCalliog

Barry Lloyd

Alex Stepney

Stewart Houston

Colin Waldron

Derek Smethurst

Colin Viljoen

Kevin Hales

Derek Johnstone

Gordon Davies

Roy Wegerle

Bluebeard - insert the name of the player:

......... ...............joined Chelsea as a junior and became the Stamford Bridge club's youngest ever player and goalscorer at 16 years, 138 days when he scored against Tottenham Hotspur on his debut, on 18 March 1967