Ex Chelsea players that you'd gladly welcome back

blizeH

Firefox crashed and I lost a huge post, sigh.

So anyway, which ex Chelsea players would you take back? Personally I'd gladly welcome back:

Arjen Robben - no brainer

Scott Parker - has been immense for the past few seasons, and would be a big improvement on Mikel

Lassanna Diarra - as an alternative to the above, he'd help bolster our midfield

Tiago Mendes - seems to have really come a long way since leaving Chelsea, huge shame we let him go

Glen Johnson - ahead of Bosingwa, still unsure if I'd actually start him to allow Ivanovic to play CB though

Ricardo Carvalho - our defense hasn't been the same since he left, although I appreciate his age is a concern

William Gallas - as an alternative to the above, and yes I'm fully aware he'd never be welcome back anyway, but I'm going purely on what he'd offer as a player

Who would you take back? As well as the above there are plenty other contenders I guess, Sinclair who was immense for Swansea last season, Huth who's solid for Stoke, Cole who's playing quite well for Lille, Ballack who we arguably let go at the right time, maybe even Shevchenko who has been scoring at a good rate again? SWP to play on the other wing to Mata? Cudicini as a backup to Cech?

Is this welcome them back as they are now? or as they were then?

Assuming it's as they are now:

Carvalho, Cudicini, Robben, Diarra are the only ones who spring to mind at the moment.

Edited by BlueSkies

Parker was a no brainer for me over the summer, he would be comfortably in our team every week if he had joined us instead of Spuds where he has been magnificent. His movement and drive and leadership are things we are sorely lacking right now.

Diarra would also be an improvement and a starter in my view.

The others are questionable. For me it would depend on how much Robben wanted because you know he would be a god for the games he was actually on the pitch for. He'd actually work out with our current set up I think.

Just curious, why aren't more people saying Parker? For the exact reasons Spiller mentioned, he'd be right up there with Robben for me, as players who would very comfortably drop straight into our first team, and add so much in areas that we are quite lacking in right now.

Parker, better than Mikel (who isnt?). Robben, better than Malouda, even Sinclair is.

Don't know how he is doing in Italy, but I reckon Borini would offer more than our sulky forward line at the moment, the problems is where do you find a manager with the balls to play these players (or is there pressure from above to play the big earners)?

Diarra. The worst transfer in recent history, we gave him to Arsenal for almost nothing, thankfully Wenger was as idiotic as we were 6 months later :biggrin: I don't think he's getting too many games right now, he's at his prime, let's get him back.

Look the Romeu supporters will not agree with you. But I think you are absolutely spot on about getting him back. Mikel has to go, Essien is still a question mark and we need a strong presence in that spot, which can't be provided by a 20 year old. I don't think anyone was not impressed with Diarra, he left because he wanted to play. We should take advantage of that again and get him on the cheap.

I'm more than happy to go with Romeu to be honest, from what I've seen - incredibly mobile for a DM, has great vision, keeps his head up, can pick out a nice pass and has decent pace considering his size.

Although big question marks have to be asked about him if the manager is still showing more faith in Mikel.

Anyone who saw the Spurs game last night will see that yet again, Parker is absolutely f**king fantastic right now. Just as he's been for the past few seasons to be honest.