Chelsea v Wolves (PL) 26/11/11 KO 15:00 GMT

Ben

Am f**ked off with listening to pundits talk about our demise. If AVB has the balls he needs to consider picking a side like this:

Cech

Luiz, Ivan, Alex, Bertrand

Ramires

Lampard, McEchran

Sturridge, Torres, Mata

I don't mind taking a risk on Luiz at right back, or even in the centre as we don't have any pace there. We badly need someone in the backroom staff to take him aside & tell him to grow up, he's got the potential, but what the hideous muppet Neville said was not that far off the mark.

Am f**ked off with listening to pundits talk about our demise. If AVB has the balls he needs to consider picking a side like this:

Cech

Luiz, Ivan, Alex, Bertrand

Ramires

Lampard, McEchran

Sturridge, Torres, Mata

I don't mind taking a risk on Luiz at right back, or even in the centre as we don't have any pace there. We badly need someone in the backroom staff to take him aside & tell him to grow up, he's got the potential, but what the hideous muppet Neville said was not that far off the mark.

Why is Luiz copping it because Mikel is hopeless and JT and Cole had a terrible game.

Seems to me he is trying to cut out all the impetuous tackles and getting panned for it. :ohmy:

Luiz isn't a defender, he tries to dribble past 3 or 4 players just outside his own box. He'll either continue to do that and give away goals, or he'll be moved further up the field where he isn't such a liability.

Hilario

Romeau (Luiz) Ivan Alex Bertrand

McEachran (Romeau)

Ramires Meireles

Mata

Sturridge Torres

not sure if Romeau could play at RWB be he is a steady player and he does have some pace to get back or go forward if not play him in front of the back 4 and play Luiz at RB if he does give away free kicks hopefully they will out on the touch line and not in the box. Mata tends to have a free role anyway so why not change the formation slightly up front, Sturridge can play outside and can also drift inside anyway leave Torres playing on the shoulder of the defenders. Cech needs a rest, his back must be killing him the number of times he's picked the ball out the net recently...

Edited by CFCCAN

This is the kind of matches we should throw some youngsters in, disregard form and everything else, with 3 games in a week we just can't rely on the older guys to keep going. Throw McEachran in, maybe even Betrand and left back, he seems to have better crossing skills than Cole from the limited footage I have seen.

beat them 2 0 last year and lost 1 0 at Molineux, with the team's current malaise now spread to all positions this is by no means a certain 3 points

Mccarthy is a sussed prem manager and will have recognized all the weaknesses we have analyzed to death on here and have a good plan to turn us over, and the little pikey C 'Hunt' returns to annoy us all once again, I hope AVB has a better strategy than the last few matches - do you drop Drogba for Torres up front ? etc. etc, I would suggest the time for rotation is over AVB should pick the best 11 and stick to it for a few games in cups and league - get some results & build up confidencde before the busy festive period.

if the worst happens again its likely that we would drop to 8th if scouse and gooners dont lose - then its the toon and city coming up in the prem ffs

its definitley do or die for the new manager, I think based upon previous seasons that the board would take action if we are caught floundering in mid table and out of 1 or 2 cups by January, unfortunate and not what I would want but likely inevitable unless the leopard has changed it's spots.

I'm going to the Bridge again for this one, the 2nd of 3 matches in a row on my holiday over here. Please, please a win - its been a long long time for me to witness such poor form in person, the last 10 years whenever I have been over I was virtually guaranteed to see the Mighty Blues not lose at home or away.

end of the day whatever happens its brilliant to be here and getting to go some games

KTBFFH

I would like to see:

Cech

Ivanovic Alex Luiz Bertrand

Romeu

Ramires Meireles

Mata

Sturridge Torres

Subs: Hilario Bosingwa Lamps McEachran Anelka Lukaku

Apart from Cole at LB I actually think this is our strongest squad with the players we have, once Kakuta comes back on loan I would also like him to be given a chance ( he cant be worse than Kalou!!)

It's an interesting fixture now. Does he cut loose and wield the axe or does he stick true and try and rebuild confidence. Given the latter has failed last season and to an extent the two seasons before that, you'd think it might be time for option A. But I'm not holding my breath.

-------------------------cech---------------------------

----ivan------------luiz-----jt--------------a.cole(If fit, if not Bosingwa)

-----------------Ramires-Meireles------------------

----------Josh-------------------------Mata----------

------------------Sturridge-Torres------------------

Josh and Mata in free roles, drifting into the middle and going out on the wing as much as they want.

If it doesnt work switch to 4-3-3 with Josh in a creative role in the middle.

------------------------Cech

--Ivan-----------Luiz--------JT---------Bertrand

----------------------Romeu

---------McEachran---------Lampard

Sturridge----------------------------------Mata

----------------------Torres

Or play Meireles instead of McEachran and give him 30 mins or so in second half, dont really mind as long as we change it up a bit..

Edited by Andreas

Luiz isn't a defender, he tries to dribble past 3 or 4 players just outside his own box. He'll either continue to do that and give away goals, or he'll be moved further up the field where he isn't such a liability.

Lots of people say this, but I don't agree with it. I think he's a great defender - he's clever, has great strength, pace, awareness and most important of all has incredible energy and determination.

I'd agree that he's a little impetuous at times, but if that can be worked on then he is capable of being one of the best defenders in the world.

What Neville said was actually pretty much spot on about him, he does at times play like one of the central defenders would in my FIFA team, but god damn if I could control any central defender in the world, it'd be Luiz. ;)

Lots of people say this, but I don't agree with it. I think he's a great defender - he's clever, has great strength, pace, awareness and most important of all has incredible energy and determination. I'd agree that he's a little impetuous at times, but if that can be worked on then he is capable of being one of the best defenders in the world. What Neville said was actually pretty much spot on about him, he does at times play like one of the central defenders would in my FIFA team, but god damn if I could control any central defender in the world, it'd be Luiz. ;)

I think he can get better as well, he needs someone to drill discipline into him. Jose would make him one of the best in the world, although not sure he would fancy him as a signing. I think a motivated Carlo could have helped him, I hope AVB can help him.

It wouldn't be such a bad thing to have a defensive assistant coach to help our side right now (along with someone who can teach them how to finish).

If Mikel is anywhere near this game I'm going to scream.

Cech can consider himself lucky we don't have a decent back-up. He gets way too much praise. I was staggered he was our player of the year last year when Terry was the stand-out for me.

Mikel shouldn't even make the bench. We can do plenty well without him.

Ramires plays, personally I would be happy if that were alongside Romeu and Josh.

Very happy.

Mata and Sturridge play, so no funny bollocks, like trying to sneak in Malouda.

It won't wash.

Oh, and did I mention Mikel should be nowhere near this game ..?

Lots of people say this, but I don't agree with it. I think he's a great defender - he's clever, has great strength, pace, awareness and most important of all has incredible energy and determination.

I'd agree that he's a little impetuous at times, but if that can be worked on then he is capable of being one of the best defenders in the world.

What Neville said was actually pretty much spot on about him, he does at times play like one of the central defenders would in my FIFA team, but god damn if I could control any central defender in the world, it'd be Luiz. ;)

Couldn't agree more. When you're looking for someone to turn to in dire need, look to Luiz. Just look at what he did against QPR. When we were down to 9 men, he went on a barnstorming run from the half way line, gave the ball to Ivan on the right while he sprinted int the area, into the perfect position for the most spectacular of bicycle kicks that was inches from nestling in the back of the night. He has a die hard attitude, he will never give up. He's something to be admired. I have every confidence in Luiz that he will be one of the best defenders in the world. Give him time. He'll get there.

Couldn't agree more. When you're looking for someone to turn to in dire need, look to Luiz. Just look at what he did against QPR. When we were down to 9 men, he went on a barnstorming run from the half way line, gave the ball to Ivan on the right while he sprinted int the area, into the perfect position for the most spectacular of bicycle kicks that was inches from nestling in the back of the night. He has a die hard attitude, he will never give up. He's something to be admired. I have every confidence in Luiz that he will be one of the best defenders in the world. Give him time. He'll get there.

I think hes great and will be even better in the future, great replacement for Terry, him and Ivanovic are gonna be a great central pairing!

we do need a good RB soon though

Hello, 15 year old wolves fan here. Just wanted to post my views about the game on saturday.

Not expecting much like as you can expect, if anything I'm hoping we can keep the scoreline down. Don't want to head into the Sunderland game with our confidence so low. (Which is going to be really important for us). Unfortunatly, I'm not going. Never been to Stamford Bridge before and would've love to gone.

As for teams, For us O'Hara and Hunt (Which you'll be glad to hear) are suspended. Two big misses for us. Been reading your team selections and some of you have put down you wanted Josh McEachran (sp?) playing. Shocked about this seeing as he's so young, but looks like he's going to become one hell of a player. Been really impressed with Sturridge and Mata also.

What do you reckon the chances of you winning the title again this season? Unfortunatly cannot see you winning it this year. City's spending this year looks like it's going to pay off this year But hey-ho, We're still only in November. Long way to go yet.

Anyway, think I've wrote too much. Good luck for the rest of the season. :D

P.S. I've seen the players who you want rid of in January, Can we have them all please?!

Edited by TheWolf

Hello, 15 year old wolves fan here. Just wanted to post my views about the game on saturday.

Not expecting much like as you can expect, if anything I'm hoping we can keep the scoreline down. Don't want to head into the Sunderland game with our confidence so low. (Which is going to be really important for us). Unfortunatly, I'm not going. Never been to Stamford Bridge before and would've love to gone.

As for teams, For us O'Hara and Hunt (Which you'll be glad to hear) are suspended. Two big misses for us. Been reading your team selections and some of you have put down you wanted Josh McEachran (sp?) playing. Shocked about this seeing as he's so young, but looks like he's going to become one hell of a player. Been really impressed with Sturridge and Mata also.

What do you reckon the chances of you winning the title again this season? Unfortunatly cannot see you winning it this year. City's spending this year looks like it's going to pay off this year But hey-ho, We're still only in November. Long way to go yet.

Anyway, think I've wrote too much. Good luck for the rest of the season. :D

P.S. I've seen the players who you want rid of in January, Can we have them all please?!

Hi Wolfie,

I can't see Wolves being an easy game for us at the moment though pleased to see Hunt out!

Think you're right about City, Aguero, Silva and all the other Chelsea transfer targets seem to be cooking on gas at the mo, as for our season, hopefully AVB will get the support he needs and uses this season to build a team for the future and Josh will be key to that team.

As for the players on their way out of the Bridge, you can have Mikel but only if we get a blindfold, a loaded weapon and Hunt!!

Good luck after this weekend.