MOTM vs Bayer Leverkusen

loz

Who was yout MOTM against Leverkusen?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who was yout MOTM against Leverkusen?

• Cech
    • Bosingwa
    • Terry
    • Luiz
    • Ivanovic
    • Meireles
    • Ramires
    • Lampard
    • Drogba
    • Mata
    • Sturridge
    • Malouda
    • Mikel
    • Alex

Sturridge for me - just ahead of Miereles. Not saying he was brilliant all night, but he was our best attacking player by far. Some will say he was part responsible for their equaliser but I would say that was more down to Alex and Ivan.

MOTM can really only be between two candidates.

Where are all the new members (and some not so new - the usual suspects) who were so knowledgeable and voluble in the match thread? They could all see how crap we were and how all the team and the manager need sacking.

Surely they can all see who the MOTM was!

Thinking about it, MOTM should really go to Ballack.

Wasn't his biggest fan whilst he was with us but thought he was quality last night and oozed class. Was very decent in the interview after the match as well.

I cannot understand how people vote for Sturridge after their first goal...

He continues to neglect his defensive duties.. I know he does not want to play on the wing but while he is he cannot neglect those duties..

He had a serious brain fart and one that IMHO changed the perspective of the game against us.

Mireles worked his socks off and was stand out for me.

I cannot understand how people vote for Sturridge after their first goal...

He continues to neglect his defensive duties.. I know he does not want to play on the wing but while he is he cannot neglect those duties..

He had a serious brain fart and one that IMHO changed the perspective of the game against us.

Mireles worked his socks off and was stand out for me.

Okay, Sturridge could have tracked back, but that player was surely Ivan's man? I know we all want our attackers to close down and track back but they can't be doing it for 90 minutes if it is going to effect their primary job (Mata hardly does it at all). The run Sturridge made when he flew past two of their players and showed some great skill will mean that he then can't be running back the whole length of the pitch all of the time.

No, Ivan's tendancy to still act as a centre back and be drawn to the centre meant the FB position was left totally open. Alex didn't cover himself in glory either and it was a poor decision to put him on at that satge when he is clearly rusty.

Edited by Nibs