Kakuta

Zeta

Does he have a future with us at all?

He was supposed to be one of the most promising young players and we paid dearly for signing him, but years later he's spent 2 loan spells. Barely kicked a ball at Fulham, and the excuses were that they were in a relegation battle and couldn't afford to give him a chance. And now he's barely kicked a ball at Bolton either.

If he can't get a game for either of those, is he ever going to get a game for us? Or should we just chuck him into the mix when Malouda and Anelka finally leave and see if he can make it?

Personally, I don't think he is good enough. Shows flashes of promise and brilliance, but then can be anonymous for large parts of the game. Mate of mine that is a Bolton fan says pretty much the same thing. Not consistent enough.

I think it is a gamble we took, and it didn't pay off. I think he will go back to France and play for a mid table team in their league.

I think we are chalking him down under the same bunch of players as Stoch, Tore, and Sinclair.

Personally, I don't think he is good enough. Shows flashes of promise and brilliance, but then can be anonymous for large parts of the game. Mate of mine that is a Bolton fan says pretty much the same thing. Not consistent enough.

I think it is a gamble we took, and it didn't pay off. I think he will go back to France and play for a mid table team in their league.

I think we are chalking him down under the same bunch of players as Stoch, Tore, and Sinclair.

When given a full 90 at Fulham, he was very good. How many games has he actually been given at Bolton? Not many at all. Now I realize some will argue that he isn't good enough to get the time, but the a lot of people said the same about Sturridge. When he was given 90 mins, 5 or 6 games in a row he played with good form and his confidence grew. That may be what Gael needs. Why not try him out? He offers just as much as Malouda at this point. Gael is a better passer and has better ball control and that is what we need right now.

He reminds me of two similar (ish) players - who will be remembered with great contrast.

Which of these statements is more true??

1) Gael Kakuta reminds me of Gianfranco Zola - Small, Nimble, Low centre of gravity, undeniably skillfull, a great attitude

2) Gael Kakuta reminds me of Leon Knight - Small, Nimble, Low centre of gravity, undeniably skillfull, a terrible attitude

The club will have a much better idea of where his at than we do, however i'm not willing to give up on him yet. Where before I thought Chelsea were smart to keep him in wrapped up in cotton wool a bit, I think now the guy just desperately needs game time and we should be loaning him anywhere we have to for that to happen.

• 2 weeks later...

He's sort of sh*t out of luck on the loan front. First relegation threatened Fulham then Bolton decides to collapse. When he comes back AVB should give him a shot like he did Danny and we'll see how he does. Then again, we're still waiting for Josh's shot.

He didn't give Danny a shot Castiel. Danny smashed down the door to the team, with his performance in pre-season. Everyone says why can't young players get picked at Chelsea? Sturridge showed the way, perform in a manner that they can't leave you out. Every excuse seems to be made to pick older players over younger ones, only when performance utterly demands selection can a young man break through here.

Kakuta didn't do that at Bolton, so he won't get a shot. I can only hope that Josh breaks the door down with his performances away second half of the season.

Edited by Spiller86

• 2 weeks later...

He didn't give Danny a shot Castiel. Danny smashed down the door to the team, with his performance in pre-season. Everyone says why can't young players get picked at Chelsea? Sturridge showed the way, perform in a manner that they can't leave you out. Every excuse seems to be made to pick older players over younger ones, only when performance utterly demands selection can a young man break through here.

Don't recall any performance from Josh in the pre-season which warrants the kind of treatment that has been dished out to him. In fact he looked promising while playing further up the pitch and did show glimpses of what he is capable of. The fact remains Josh is up against competition that is still performing at a high level whereas Sturridge can walk into the team even if he has had a couple of bad games because neither Torres/ Drogba are setting the world on fire.

Sturridge can walk into the team even if he has had a couple of bad games because neither Torres/ Drogba are setting the world on fire.

At the moment Sturridge isn't competing with Torres or Drogba for the place in the middle. He's been very good on the right and as long as he is played in that role, he needs to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

At the moment Sturridge isn't competing with Torres or Drogba for the place in the middle. He's been very good on the right and as long as he is played in that role, he needs to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

I was referring to the competition for slots in the front 3 and currently with no competition for Sturridge on the right he is an automatic starter which is not the case with Josh. Josh has looked good but he still doesn't get the nod because there are older players who are still doing a good job. Can Josh do better? I guess that will be answered only next season or later.

• 2 weeks later...

announced earlier today that he has completed a 6 month loan move to Dijon.

SEemingly Dijon were only wanting to pay some of his wages (which I think is still the case) but Galatasaray were offering to take him and pay it all. However, Gael wanted to go to Dijon, and he's seemingly guaranteed more action there, so he went. Glad to see cooler heads prevail here.

Will be interesting to see how he does. If he goes there and then sits on the bench, I fear that he isn't showing what he can do in training.

I'm not going to write him off just yet, but if he goes to three clubs and they all fail to play him, then there is only one real constant in all those situations.

Alez Gael

announced earlier today that he has completed a 6 month loan move to Dijon.

SEemingly Dijon were only wanting to pay some of his wages (which I think is still the case) but Galatasaray were offering to take him and pay it all. However, Gael wanted to go to Dijon, and he's seemingly guaranteed more action there, so he went. Glad to see cooler heads prevail here.

Will be interesting to see how he does. If he goes there and then sits on the bench, I fear that he isn't showing what he can do in training.

I'm not going to write him off just yet, but if he goes to three clubs and they all fail to play him, then there is only one real constant in all those situations.

Alez Gael

I reckon this is a good thing.

I hope their coach is a taskmaster and will force him to mature and play a complete game. Being in France should help him adjust.

This almost feels like it's last chance to make an impact with Chelsea. He's 20 and needs to start showing something beyond the occasional piece of flash play.