not a LEGEND but very decent player is Nico

ws6blue

classy footballer and decent record for our club at a goal every 3 games.................don't know any blues fans who don't like him. He can lead the line in a 433, or double up on a 442, or play wide. He can run the channels or sit deep and hold the ball and bring players in.

In the right role (a la darren bent) he can do a job for any PL team and has scored many decent goals for us and in big games

only regret for me is the penalty miss in the CL final

sure he'll b welcomed back at SB any time in the future

time to go but thanks Nico from me

I agree. A durable and reliable player who did a lot for the club. I reckon his biggest problem is that he holds the ball too much, fiddles around with it. Kind of like Mikel. They slow everything down, whereas AVB wants to keep moving the ball quickly. I wish him well.

Incidentally, he's one of three players from this era I can remember not smiling when he scored. The other two are Sturridge (back when he was resentful about not getting a regular starting gig) and Lamps (who was defiant after being dismissed in the press and losing his starting position.)

Anelka was (maybe still is?) a great player. Not as strong as Drogba. Not as fast as Torres. Not as deadly accurate as Frankie. But you know what? You could pretty much put him anywhere on the pitch and he'd do a decent job for you. I hope he lights it up in China.

Most definitely not a legend or even bordering on legend status but has proved a very goo purchase for us. When we initially bought him I thought it was more of a stopgap for african cup of nations moreso than anything else. However he has consistently found the net for us, had some majestic performances and scored some truly wonderful goals (thinking of that beauty vs sunderland in the final game of the 08/09 season to secure golden boot).

On top of this he seems to have a real connection with the club and as a fan there is nothing I love to see more than when players genunially seem to care and are not just playing for their next paycheque. Good luck to nico wherever he goes next (as long as its not in the premier league, or worse West Ham!!)

Always liked Nico. He is a natural talent and when he is on form everything looks effortless in what he does. That is also the problematic side of him. When his head is off and the silky touches are not there he doesn't seem to put any effort in he just fades in the back. He also doesn't have the winning mentality of Drogba or JT. He is great but no leader and you need every player to be bit of a leader in this level IMO.

I dont like him. i respect that he is a good player but he isnt someone who cares about the club or fans, he is here for the money. Also that man should never EVER be allowed to take penaltys.

Know him personally do you? Told you that he doesn't care about the club or the supporters did he?

I dont like him. i respect that he is a good player but he isnt someone who cares about the club or fans, he is here for the money. Also that man should never EVER be allowed to take penaltys.

But then there aren't many Chelsea players you DO actually like, judging by the majority of your posts.

Is this a joke?

Has to be a joke lol...Seriously though why would anyone compare the pace of a nearly 33 old Anelka to Torres who's supposed to be in his prime? Anelka in his prime was probably one of the fastest players i've ever seen..he would have burned anyone at Chelsea.

Funny thing is Torres doesnt even look faster than old Anelka lol

So why exactly do you believe Anelka thinks that way then, without a single shred of evidence to back it up.

Sorry i didnt realise i was writting for a newspaper and had to provide fact. It is my opinion.

But usually when people have opinions, there is a logical reason behind their opinions. Most people can explain why they think in a particular way.

Just because!! Is not really a very adult answer...