Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea (PL) 22/12/11 KO 20:00 GMT

Myles_91

Disappointed is an understatement but onwards and upwards I suppose. According to the club website, Ramires and Luiz have minor knocks but might be fit to play on Thursday. We could really do with not losing this and I would be happy with a point, assuming Ramires and Luiz will be fit I'd like to see the following team:

181211102802.png

For all his faults, may be worthwhile starting Bosingwa in this game then especially up against Bale - considering Bale's main tactic is knock it past and use his speed to get the ball having Bossy's pace will be valuable.

I imagine, providing Ramires and Luiz are fit we'll play same side as we did against City, with Luiz coming in for Ivanovic...?

Drogba surely will be 'up' for the game against Spurs, how can he not?!

For all his faults, may be worthwhile starting Bosingwa in this game then especially up against Bale - considering Bale's main tactic is knock it past and use his speed to get the ball having Bossy's pace will be valuable.

I imagine, providing Ramires and Luiz are fit we'll play same side as we did against City, with Luiz coming in for Ivanovic...?

Drogba surely will be 'up' for the game against Spurs, how can he not?!

Then we might as well..

white-flag.jpg

2 seasons ago I saw Bale tear Ferreira (who is a better defender than Bosingwa by far) a new one, so much so that JT had to take a red card in attempts to double up on him.

He may be a Spud player but lets be honest he is class, he doesn't just knock it past defenders, he has great delivery, makes intelligent runs, is defensively capable and has a fantastic workrate.

In the two matches they have faced each other I can't remember Bale having done anything against Ivanovic.

For me Ivanovic (at Right Back) is the first name on the team sheet, closely followed by Sturridge and then of course Mata, JT and Romeu, the rest pretty much pick themselves.

Doesn't really say much that isn't standard talk from an assistant manager. Of course they won't risk them, IF it could ruin their fitness, but of course they will play them if they are fit.

Just a bit of newbie mind games, I feel

Doesn't really say much that isn't standard talk from an assistant manager. Of course they won't risk them, IF it could ruin their fitness, but of course they will play them if they are fit.

Just a bit of newbie mind games, I feel

Yeah it may well be mind games to try and get us to alter our gameplan, but Lennon is definitely out from what I hear, hamstring team which is good as he would have given Cole the run around

We will have to play like we did against Valencia if we want to get anything out of this game. An open game will suit the spuds as they have more speed that us. Depends who doesn't want to lose the most.....I think we can do it...2-1 the blues.....either that or we get crushed!

wtf is with drogba? he just plays when he feels like it? how can he play so well in a couple of big games (or atleast much better) then just disappear against wigan?!?!

im sorry i missed why ramires didnt play against wigan? hopefully he plays this one and lampard on the bench please, then again meireles didnt put in much of a performance vs wigan - but who did other than sturridge.

We will have to play like we did against Valencia if we want to get anything out of this game. An open game will suit the spuds as they have more speed that us. Depends who doesn't want to lose the most.....I think we can do it...2-1 the blues.....either that or we get crushed!

I actually think an open game would suit us more. I think Ramires, Sturridge, Mata and Meireles running at anyone in open space is probably more threatening that anything they have. Take Bale and Modric out the equation and is there anyone they have you can honestly say you would fear running at our defence?

Spuds have proved they can edge teams out in the tight games i.e Arsenal, Sunderland, WBA, Wigan, Fulham etc. It has been the more open games i.e Man U, City, Newcastle, Stoke where they have struggled.

One thing 'Arry has done since arriving at the Spuds is tighten up their defence and make sure they are more compact than Ramos ever did, hence why they have a good home record, if we want to beat them we will probably need an open game where we can get a bit fortunate and pick them off, that's how Arsenal beat us, in previous seasons when were compact we just sat back soaked up all the pressure and countered and they had no answer to it.

One thing I've noticed this season as that teams like Arsenal and Liverpool who are nowhere near as good in terms of personnel, are playing with a lot more intelligence and tactical nous than in previous seasons. We need to start doing that as well.

wtf is with drogba? he just plays when he feels like it? how can he play so well in a couple of big games (or atleast much better) then just disappear against wigan?!?!

im sorry i missed why ramires didnt play against wigan? hopefully he plays this one and lampard on the bench please, then again meireles didnt put in much of a performance vs wigan - but who did other than sturridge.

Ramires had a leg injury, and was ruled at 80% chance to make the spuds game. As was Luiz.

The midfield three are becoming more of a quandary. I think Ramires and Romeu have made it clear that they are automatic starters, but the other position is up for grabs. Mereiles is a good, but not great player, and lampard was once a great player that needs to be used more sparingly now (his tempo is fading fast, and he was never lightning quick anyway).

This is why I think a lot have been frustrated that Josh hasn't made it, but remember we don't see him in training.

I think a defender, a midfielder, a striker and a winger are all needed, but we will see that over the course of two transfer windows. I really can't see s going all out to change things up in January

I actually think an open game would suit us more. I think Ramires, Sturridge, Mata and Meireles running at anyone in open space is probably more threatening that anything they have. Take Bale and Modric out the equation and is there anyone they have you can honestly say you would fear running at our defence?

Spuds have proved they can edge teams out in the tight games i.e Arsenal, Sunderland, WBA, Wigan, Fulham etc. It has been the more open games i.e Man U, City, Newcastle, Stoke where they have struggled.

One thing 'Arry has done since arriving at the Spuds is tighten up their defence and make sure they are more compact than Ramos ever did, hence why they have a good home record, if we want to beat them we will probably need an open game where we can get a bit fortunate and pick them off, that's how Arsenal beat us, in previous seasons when were compact we just sat back soaked up all the pressure and countered and they had no answer to it.

One thing I've noticed this season as that teams like Arsenal and Liverpool who are nowhere near as good in terms of personnel, are playing with a lot more intelligence and tactical nous than in previous seasons. We need to start doing that as well.

I think he spuds will run at the defence especially Terry as he is the slowest of the back four. Bale will have a field day against Bossy if he plays. I think I would have Ivan on the Right and play Luiz and Terry in the middle with Ashley on the left. As woeful as Drogba was against Wigan and as much as I would like to see Torres start I think AVB will choose Drogba. Sturrdige and Mata are shoe ins so will it be Lampard or Meireles? I think Meireles simply because of his running ability and at least he tends to pass forward rather than sideways or backwards. We know everyone had a sh*te game against Wigan and the players probably know it too. I think we just might raise our game, but it depends how well we can defend just in front of the back four and close down the spaces. I just want to jam it down Harry's throat because of late I can't stand him, he is your typical 'Jack the lad' and wants to be in the news at every opportunity; he is getting on my wick!