Which players who have played for chelsea, have also supported them

tonyhendrix

Picked up a joe cole book from poundland , have always know joe cole supported chelsea as a boy but didn't know that peter crouch did , would like to know a few more players who have played for chelsea or even those who didn't who supported them as a boy cheers

Pretty sure I heard that Mark Hughes was a Chelsea fan as a lad. (as Davey has already said)

I've always felt that when players say they support a particular team it doesn't mean a great deal as most young lads with that ability tend to play so much football they rarely go to games. Between playing for Cubs, Junior teams, school teams and the professional sides that pick them up there just isn't the time for them to create that 'in the blood' bond that we less talented footballers get.

Edited by Snedger

I was pretty sure Terry was a Man Utd fan as well. I seem to recall reading that in an interview ages ago. I think it said he was a youth player at West Ham for a while, then at 14 had the choice between Chelsea and Man Utd and chose us because we offered him some new boots.

Also, internet tells me Crouch was a QPR fan.

Crouch was Chelsea, definitely. He was a ballboy here and his family are/were all season ticket holders. As for Tony Gale, it's true, believe it or not. I've heard him say it, just as I've heard Jim Beglin confess during one of his commentaries.

I could've swore Scott Dan is a supporter, but now I can't find any documentation. Maybe it was just Roger Johnson I am thinking of, although I thought they both did.

Alan Dzagoev of CSKA is a big fan as well.

I could've swore Scott Dan is a supporter, but now I can't find any documentation. Maybe it was just Roger Johnson I am thinking of, although I thought they both did.

Alan Dzagoev of CSKA is a big fan as well.

Not that geography precludes anyone from supporting Chelsea, but Dann is a Merseysider by birth

As for Tony Gale, it's true, believe it or not. I've heard him say it,

He was a massive Chelsea fan growing up . I knew his old man well who used to be a black cab driver , was very proud showing off his son's premiership winners medal !!

Neil Shipperly

Frank Sinclair

Tony Cascarino ( not 100% on this one )

Tommy Langley Chelsea fan all his life, the way he used to cheer as co commentator on Chelsea TV - Drogba's double v Liverpool in the Champions League showed what a true blue he is. As a player gave 100% every game and scored a few beauties in front of his beloved Shed.

He is the one bloke who can honestly say "He lived the Chelsea dream as a kid.

But my real point is - Why the hell was he sacked from Chelsea TV ? It's a Ray Wilkins type stitch up in my opinion.

Think Andy Townsend said he was a Chelsea fan when he signed from Norwich. The way he hopped off as soon as the going got tough to go to Villa and the way the prick always slags us off on his awful analysing of games proves one thing - he is a 'kin lying mercenary !