Terrys Chevvy Chase on Cig Packs in India

Zola

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/03/john-terry-anti-smoking-india

John Terry and his representatives are taking legal advice after a blurry image resembling that of the England and Chelsea captain appeared as part of an anti-smoking campaign on cigarette packs in India. The image appears above the words "smoking kills".

Elite Management, which represents Terry, told the BBC that its client had not given his consent for the image to be used. A spokesman said: "It's been brought to our attention that an image of our client has been used on some cigarette packaging without our consent or knowledge. We've now instructed our legal team to investigate this matter."

KS Dhatwalia, additional secretary of the Directorate of Visual Publicity, was quoted in the Indian Express as saying: "We sent the creative to the health ministry and they then cleared it and circulated it. But how Terry's picture got to be used is not clear."

Terry's representatives believe the image may have been copied from one of the defender's numerous endorsements.

How utterly random?!

From afar, I get the sense that things can sometimes be chaotic in India. From the stories on this, it sounds like a bureaucrat somewhere in the Directorate of Visual Publicity snagged that photo without giving any thought to the rights issues. And then no-one else did either.

One of my old classmates from University is a design teacher now. I saw a couple of months ago that his website was completely stolen by a guy in India. He literally copied the entire site, graphics, layout etc. The only thing he edited was his personal contact details.

He took it down after it started a stir on twitter. The world is a small place now and people get caught out easier.

Edited by Zola

And of course, unsurprisingly the opposition fans are already bringing out the crap about him not supporting anti-smoking, should have taken any "good" publicity he could get, etc.., etc... f**king idiots.

One of my old classmates from University is a design teacher now. I saw a couple of months ago that his website was completely stolen by a guy in India. He literally copied the entire site, graphics, layout etc. The only thing he edited was his personal contact details.

Yep I've had that a few times on a website before, even took the domain and slightly changed it by taking a number out of it.

Even The Shed End has had graphics ripped from it, and the same guy that ripped off one of my sites, even started a Chelsea forum with our old domain adding an 's' on the end, so it seems a general habit of his. The forum is still going and had a read last year of it, its full of JCL's, young kids and fans that haven't got a clue..hang on, that sounds a bit familiar :wink: