Higuain?

trueblue

rumours that he is in talks with chelsea. do we need him? Think he would be worth it. Higuain is currently one of the lowest paid Madrid players. so surely he would want to leave madrid and probably come to chelsea as he will get paid better and play more. Lets just hope now that chelsea get everyone they need!

post-7969-0-99375500-1325701108.jpg

I don't think we have a creative enough team to maximise his effectiveness.

A world class finisher, but still need another creative midfielder, or at least another winger to make him worth the money he'd cost.

I really rate this guy, but is he an improvement on Torres? Not in my opinion.

The Torres we thought we were getting? Maybe not

The Torres we have: certainly.

Is this a real rumor? Trueblue, have you seen any credible sources, or is it just something from the redtops.

This guy is injured quite a bit, but he is magnificent as a poacher. Geting him would be a dream. A dream I dont think will happen.

I don't think we have a creative enough team to maximise his effectiveness.

A world class finisher, but still need another creative midfielder, or at least another winger to make him worth the money he'd cost.

Exactly, he's a world class finisher, often in poaching positions but will we give him the supply he'd need to finish it off? No. Torres / Drogba would be banging them in left right and centre if that was the case...well..one would like to think.

If Mourinho wants him out, there'll be a reason.

True, but "he's primarily a poacher and I prefer strikers with more physical game, so I won't use him regularly enough to keep him happy" would be an in-character reason - that's more or less why Crespo only got one season with us under Jose, and he was a perfectly good player at the time. We should do due diligence, but just because Jose can't use him at one of the most loaded clubs on the planet it doesn't automatically follow that we couldn't use him.

True, but "he's primarily a poacher and I prefer strikers with more physical game, so I won't use him regularly enough to keep him happy" would be an in-character reason - that's more or less why Crespo only got one season with us under Jose, and he was a perfectly good player at the time. We should do due diligence, but just because Jose can't use him at one of the most loaded clubs on the planet it doesn't automatically follow that we couldn't use him.

Crespo was a perfectly good player as you say, but who was the man at Inter? Milito, Eto'o? Not strikers in the Drogba mould, nor is Benzema. Call me cynical but if Jose is willing to let him go, and join Chelsea, something's fishy.

True, but his playing Benzema over Higuain is particularly reminiscent of choosing Drogba over Crespo. I certainly agree that the club should stop and think about why Madrid are willing to sell; I just think it's possible that Jose's reasons are ones we don't care as much about. Not sure we're really disagreeing very much.

If Mourinho wants him out, there'll be a reason.

The Madrid press have been stirring sh*t against him for years now. Before Mourinho. For some reason he is a constant target for them.

Under Pellegrini, it was that Higuain and Ronaldo didnt like each other. Three years later this hasnt proven much of a problem.

If Benzema is starting over him, it says more about Benzema's red hot form, and Higuain's fragility than it does about anything else.

Edited by TheWestwayWonder

• 4 weeks later...

That theory would be more applicable to Portuguese players. Jose does tend to favour them. It might seem odd that Higuain is out of favour there, but look at the attacking talent they have. It must be insanely hard to compete for places in that team and Benzema is a bit of a favourite there. He'd walk into any prem side.