Is Meireles the worst player...

The Brit

...to play for Chelsea in Abramovich era?

plays week in week out, gives possession away week in week out...utter utter crap....he sums up what chelsea have become...worse than average....how bad does he have to play to get subbed let alone dropped? Just do not see what he brings to the team

No, we have had far worse players. But from starting off OK for us, he has dropped off considerably, and now I see why Liverpool let him go. Smart for them.

But when you see him play with Lamps in midfield, with no creativity, and you then see that Josh has been sent out of loan, you just want to pull your hair out and scream.

Edited by Phillip

Brit, we all know our whole midfield (bar Ramires) is pretty woeful. No real creativity - in fact it lacks just about everything. I can't single out Miereles, even though he is a fairly average footballer. Look at the thread calling for Lamps to start games. Well he did today and didn't he make a difference.

Right now I think the only sol,ution is to try Luiz in the midfield.

I like Meireles, I like Malouda, I like Mikel and I even like Kalou. I just think the manager has lost the dressing room and the players play as such.

In fact, I think too much of the blame is put on individual players. As a unit, we are poor and that is 85% of our team right now. You could say negative things about most players right now, and looking around the forum, people are! I think the problem is deeper that that!

Well we certainly need our much maligned coach to come up with some radical ideas because we are in danger of sinking fast. Even Birmingham will fancy their chances in the FA Cup tie right now.

Can't believe Cahill didn't start today and I can't believe we have allowed our squad to look so lacking in so many departments. AVB's job is looking tougher by the week (that's if he manages to keep it, which is getting debateable by the game). He certainly isn't helping himself with team selections and substitutions.

please tell me what you've seen in him to warrant such backing

I don't think he is at all bad, I think whatever the team is going through, it reflects on a lot of players. He has had a few stinkers, but so have others.

Sorry Mod, that's just Crazy Talk!!

Well I am starved of nicotine right now!

He looks to me like a player who plays well when the team plays well but won't have any impact if the team plays poorly. He's not gonna stand up and drag a team into a game were losing.

He looks to me like a player who plays well when the team plays well but won't have any impact if the team plays poorly. He's not gonna stand up and drag a team into a game were losing.

You said it all.

Also, remember Maniche? The player whose sending off made the team better?

I agree but then again we are lacking players capable of doing that these days.

RM isnt a bad player, but he isnt a great player either. Just so-so.

Certainly wouldnt have got near the first XI of any of our teams since 2003, and should be no more than a squad player.But this is 2012 and we are where we are.

Right now he is just one of a a group of about 5 players who are not playing well and cannot justify being constantly picked week in week out, but just above the Malouda/Bosingwa level of total continual ineptitude that keep costing us points.

No, it's Torres

(runs and hides behind a rock to watch the fireworks)

must stress I don't really mean that

If you mean value for money then sadly you are correct. I know he gets no service but even when he does get the ball in a scoring position he wastes it. A dry spell this long is a sign of a deeper problem. I pull for him to score every week like everyone else but you at some point have to realize it's more than just a lack of confidence

I don't think he ever really wanted to come to Chelsea TBH..