• Meirles
    • Lampard
    • Torres
    • Kalou
    • Ramires
    • Mata
    • Drogba

Sorry - it has to be done.

For the record I went for Torres - we won a good header and it wasn't his fault it went straight to Hangelaand.

OK it was between Terry, bertrand and Ivan for me and I opted for JT.

Defence played ok but I went for Lamps. The only one out of all our attacking players who had anything like resembling a good game.

Fair enough mate - personally I thought he was very poor. Admittedly better than Ramires, Meireles and Torres but marginally worse than Kalou and a lot worse than the other 6 starters.

Bertrand for me, the only shining light I thought.

As I said the in the match thread you actually have to put your trust in these youngsters and give them full matches to see if they are any good or not. Great to see it happening with Bertrand and so far it really does look like he's good enough. Credit to RDM for this.

Fair enough mate - personally I thought he was very poor. Admittedly better than Ramires, Meireles and Torres but marginally worse than Kalou and a lot worse than the other 6 starters.

I've been very critical of Lamps this season (and last) and these days really only want to see him starting now and again and coming on for the last 30 minutes. But last night hereally did contribute more than the others combined. Sure he is slow but he created a fair bit and one great ball when he drifted out wide and dinked the ball into the box was more than Kalou did out on the left all night. Was also perhaps unlucky not to win a second penalty when he appeared to be shoved over.

He wasn't great but he wasn't abysmal like the rest (ex defence).

Edited by Nibs

I can see us losing by a whisker to Barca and coming 5th. Then everyone will say we were almost good enough and a tweak here and there will put us back on track. But, as others have pointed out, last night was a friggin disgrace. Bertrand MOM by a country mile.

Dempsey from a set piece? Deja vu

JT. Gave a great performance despite having two broken ribs!

His job to organise that defence though. Is man on the post at corners too technical or something? Sure he's Roy of the Rovers generally, but you do wonder if there's anything much between the ears. It's not as if we don't know about Dempsey from set pieces.

We were sh*t, worst performance under RDM & I got soaked. I went for Mikel, he's been our best midfielder since RDM came in. I thought the defence also did ok considering foolham had us under pressure for stretches of the game.

We were sh*t, worst performance under RDM & I got soaked. I went for Mikel, he's been our best midfielder since RDM came in. I thought the defence also did ok considering foolham had us under pressure for stretches of the game.

Fair play to you mate. But Mikel? Can only think all that rain affected you!!

He gave us nothing (once again) last night. When we needed to kick on, there was Mikel with a little pass to JT here and a little pass to Cahill there and a pass back to Cech for good measure. Anyone could play that role, ANYONE. When Frei did run at him he completey did Mikel and he got a yellow and later on was lucky not to get a second yellow.

Still, looks like I'm on my own with Lamps - that'll be a first. Ethical and Spllier obviously haven't been on here today!

Edited by Nibs

He gave us nothing (once again) last night. When we needed to kick on, there was Mikel with a little pass to JT here and a little pass to Cahill there and a pass back to Cech for good measure. Anyone could play that role, ANYONE. When Frei did run at him he completey did Mikel and he got a yellow and later on was lucky not to get a second yellow.

Still, looks like I'm on my own with Lamps - that'll be a first. Ethical and Spllier obviously haven't been on here today!

I thought him & lampard were the only ones trying to drive forward. Its a sad day when fulham midfield over run yours.

On last night performance, Frei, Dembele & Duff would walk into our team right now.

Really interesting you say that. I had exactly the same conversation with a (non CFC) friend over the weekend and he basically said he never sees why Mikel is constantly picked in the team as he offers so little and we might as well be playing Barry Fergurson or Karl Henry in the same position.

Id actually take that a bit further - any professional football who can pass the ball 10 yards (actually something all of our midfielders at some stage seemed incapable of doing last night) would offer us what Mikel does. I would suspect for about 75k a week less as well.

Im sorry i know im biased , my feelings about this player are not a secret and everyone knows them, but im just bored of it now. He really is a complete fraud of a footballer. 6 years of this nonsense now as well.

And before someone pipes up - im very aware he once came second to Messi is player of tournament in the under 5 World Cup in Estonia, or somewhere about 10 years ago. Or something. That stat is currently as relevant or as accurate as one of his shots on goal.

Edited by bjd

Horrible performance under the circumstances with only shining lights being decent performance from the back five, Cech edges it for me from young Ryan.

Edited by Chippy

Real lack of passion, I went for Bertrand, we really should be using, as some of you have said, a mixture of youth and expereince like Fergie is doing I dare say !

Have to say though dire weekend over all but if RDM had them from the start of the season dont think we would be in the postiion we are.

Could be worse though, we could be Man City (all that money and nothing! just goes to show that money can't buy you titles; wait a minute ? ... didn't we once buy the title ?? !! :smile: ) .... or Liverpool, now that is funny

I am still sure we will get 4th and at two finals minimum

KTBFFH

Went foy Cech,why does Mikel get in the team he gives nothing to the team he never scores hardley goes forward even when we need a goal when he plays its like playing with 10 men last night we got lucky theres somthing missing at chelsea we are to slow to whats the word i'm looking for crap if we play like this against barc we will be done and done good?

why does Mikel get in the team he gives nothing to the team he never scores hardley goes forward even when we need a goal when he plays its like playing with 10 men

He and Kalou look like they've shared a spliff before the match. Just no bloody idea what's going on around them