• Lampard
    • Ramires
    • Drogba
    • Mata
    • Kalou
    • Cahill
    • Malouda
    • Torres

Drogba all day for me. Stunning goal, scared the heebie jeebies out of the Spurs centre halfs all game and was probably our best defender at nearly every Spurs set piece.

Hell he was so good I might give him MOTM against Barca as well even if he doesn't play!

Juan Mata or Didier Drogba, but have to say there were loads of players who played really good, JT and Luiz were excellent, same with Cahill when he came on. Mikel broke up play well and Lampard had one of his best games.

Dider Drogba then.

I saved someone the trouble and voted Torres. He only needs two more now to get his customary three votes.

I couldn't go to the game today and so watched it on the box and read through the match posts while things were unfolding. It was funny to see some people, (many of the same old names), beginning to slag Drogba off, his work rate, his body language. Blah, blah same old, same old, same old. And then he does what he nearly always does in the really big, important games and turns in a stunning all round performance and caps it with an absolutely worldy goal.

Suck it up you Drogba haters. The best big game striker we have ever had, and still our numero uno centre-forward.

I saved someone the trouble and voted Torres. He only needs two more now to get his customary three votes.

I couldn't go to the game today and so watched it on the box and read through the match posts while things were unfolding. It was funny to see some people, (many of the same old names), beginning to slag Drogba off, his work rate, his body language. Blah, blah same old, same old, same old. And then he does what he nearly always does in the really big, important games and turns in a stunning all round performance and caps it with an absolutely worldy goal.

Suck it up you Drogba haters. The best big game striker we have ever had, and still our numero uno centre-forward.

Just, I enjoy the majority of your input on these forums but why do you always feel the need to have a dig at Torres in every post?

Just, I enjoy the majority of your input on these forums but why do you always feel the need to have a dig at Torres in every post?

To be fair he wasn't having a dig at Torres, more a dig at those who seem over anxious to vote for Torres for MOTM in certain games when he plays OK but not great.

To be fair he wasn't having a dig at Torres, more a dig at those who seem over anxious to vote for Torres for MOTM in certain games when he plays OK but not great.

No need to involve Torres in that one though, I dont see how anyone couldnt love Drogba when he plays like this anyway, hes a beast.

Not a dig at Torres at all Gem. And I think you know that. But most definitely a swipe at all those who were starting to slag Drogs off so early in the game in the match thread. And also a swipe at those who say that Torres should be starting at centre-forward ahead of Drogba.

He shouldn't.

Loz, if this was the only time it had happened I wouldn't have asked. It just seems like whenever just mentions how great Drogba is (which he is) he always has to mention Torres, always - just curious to know why.

Not a dig at Torres at all Gem. And I think you know that.

To be honest just I don't - that's why I've asked.

It appears to me that whenever you mention how great Drogba is you have to compare him to Torres... Perhaps thats because they're going for the same spot, but on occasion it seems needless. Apologises if that's not the case, it's just how I've seen it.

Edited by Gem

yeah Drogs a given, but voted JT just coz he was immense v Adeybyour who was a potential matchwinner for them and a great clearance off the line when the game was still in the balance. At the end of the day Didier did his job up front and JT did his job at the back, and he also contributed to the Mata 'goal' which arguably changed the course of the game.

Bring on the scallies !!!!!!!

Been waitin all my 50 years to stuff them in a proper final !

Yeah, that knee-cap save was really important, and JT at the back is just a rock of gibraltar for us. reminded me of a few seasons ago when we were practically invincible, except for poor referee decisions that came our way back then.

Whole team was great today but I went with Mata as he had a hand in just about every good move we had. He really did pull the strings today.

Drogba was immense today and that sure was a reminder of what he has given us over the seasons and boy does he like playing at Wembley!

Just, if Drogba could still play like that every match I'm sure he would start ahead of Torres all the time and we'd all be getting onto the club about giving him a two year extension. But let's face it - he doesn't. He was brilliant today though. Interesting to see if RDM selects him against Barca - two massive games in three days is a lot to ask.

Whole team was great today but I went with Mata as he had a hand in just about every good move we had. He really did pull the strings today.

Drogba was immense today and that sure was a reminder of what he has given us over the seasons and boy does he like playing at Wembley!

Just, if Drogba could still play like that every match I'm sure he would start ahead of Torres all the time and we'd all be getting onto the club about giving him a two year extension. But let's face it - he doesn't. He was brilliant today though. Interesting to see if RDM selects him against Barca - two massive games in three days is a lot to ask.

I hope he is fully fit to play as I think he will give the Barca defence (which isn't great) far more headaches than Torres as I feel they are more comfortable against a striker like Torres than Drogba.